Ivory dress w/ white veil

Online Users: 1,246 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

IslaBonitaBride Posts : 82 Registered: 2/4/09
Ivory dress w/ white veil
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 2:01 PM

Hello Ladies,

I got an ivory wedding dress (which to me is a very warm tone of ivory) and was planning on using my sister's veil as my something old. Hers is a beutiful spanish tile mantilla but its white. Does it matter that the dress and veil are not the same color? Thanks!

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Re: Ivory dress w/ white veil
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

Have you put the veil next to your dress? Do you have any pictures of them so we can see?

There is an easy way to "dinge" the white veil to tone down the whiteness of it (if your sister doesn't mind). You need to boil black tea and make it as dark as possible then soak the veil in it till it is your desired color. If you do it this way you can at least bleach out the tea very carefully and make it white again. I've done that before with on of my daughters beauty pagent dresses.

Brides.com Detective

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: IslaBonitaBride

The short answer is NO it does not matter. My mother did that with her ivory wedding dress 42+ years ago.... and while she still has her dress (which she's hoping to be able to get in to for a vow renewal at 50 years), she does not have a veil. Why? She borrowed her sister's white veil then and she's planning on borrowing my hand embellished white veil in 8 years. She actually asked me about it already -- I'd been planning on donating it with the dress to bridesagainstbreastcancer.com but since my mother wants to borrow it for her vow renewal, I figure I should hang on to it.

White is classy and goes with anything!

Misty

Visit our Wedding Website

C.A.T., P.O.O.P.

IslaBonitaBride Posts : 82 Registered: 2/4/09
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Thanks for the thoughtful comments!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com