Valentine's almost here! Gift ideas? Proposals?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

dustbunny Posts : 2 Registered: 1/27/09
Valentine's almost here! Gift ideas? Proposals?
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 4:30 AM

Hi girls,

New here, I've been picking up little clues and about 90% sure my FH will be proposing on Vday! Sooo excited, which is dangerous in case it doesn't happen, but I caught him looking at rings and asking my friends questions about what I would like (they have big mouths and blurted it all to me).

Anyway, even if it doesn't happen, I still want to do something special for Vday. FH told me to leave all the planning to him, so I have no idea what will happen. Any gift ideas? I've done the photo thing, scrapbook, the whole nine yards before. Anyone have any creative ideas on what to get your hunnybunny this Vday?

And is anyone else hoping for a Vday proposal???

NightAndDay Posts : 27 Registered: 3/22/08
Re: Valentine's almost here! Gift ideas? Proposals?
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 7:00 AM Go to message in response to: dustbunny

two years ago for valentines day i did a gift countdown. I gave my DH a gift a day for the two weeks leading up to Vday. they were all little things like a gift certificate to the movies, warm gloves (he worked outside), a small box of gourmet chocolates, etc. and the biggest gift was on Vday. We didn't live together at the time, so i gave them all to him wrapped individually with a date written on it so he'd know when to open it. If you live together, you can hide one for him each morning. My DH loved it.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 8:14 AM Go to message in response to: NightAndDay

We're not huge valentine's day people, so we'll probably cook a nice meal at home that night. :) We enjoy being in the kitchen together and he'll actually be off work so I'm pretty excited about it! I'll just look around for something fun to cook. :)

IMG_7120.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

jmd22 Posts : 125 Registered: 7/17/08
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: dustbunny

Maybe something like a coupon for a homemade dinner of his choice, and a massage or something? If you're into scrapbooking and crafty stuff, you could make him a card too. I'm a big fan of handmade stuff : )

My boyfriend and I are leaving for a Caribbean cruise on Valentine's Day. We have been talking alot about engagements and rings lately, so who knows! He told me that we shouldn't get each other anything for V-Day, since we won't be home. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up too much that he will propose on the cruise, as he has told me many times that I will be totally surprised when he proposes, and won't see it coming. So, him proposing on the cruise might be too obvious? Although, maybe that's his way of throwing me off track, haha. He is a sneaky one : )

I hope that you get your V-Day proposal.....keep your fingers crossed for me too! : )

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Valentines Day is my Birthday!

My honey bought me a NEW CAR.
I getting him a laptop for work.
I made reservation at our favorite resurant but not sure what I'm going to do since someone spilled the beans about a surprise. ( I made a thread about it.)

My honey bought me a NEW car for my Birthday! 

Navi Posts : 1 Registered: 1/27/09
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 6:47 PM Go to message in response to: dustbunny

I think people are on the right track with suggesting personalized gifts. I got a personlized bottle of wine for VDay (you could do champagne in hopes for celebration), with a photo of my fiancè and I on the label (our first ever photo moment actually). I think it will go over well..

Anyway, I wish you all the best. Take care, :).

Also, if you are interested in this as an idea, message me and I will freely send the information I have found (some places boast personalization, but be careful of their quality).

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine