New Here with some excitement

Online Users: 1,341 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

bunniekrissy Posts : 10 Registered: 1/16/09
New Here with some excitement
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 6:00 PM

So, my bf and I have been together 4 years on January 25th, and we are both 23 years old and in the past year and a half graduated from university. My bf knew I was ready to get married but he wanted to get a good job first and stuff before becoming engaged. So in September he told me he thought we would be married within the next year. He had a 6 month contract job which just ended after December. So the other night he told me he wanted me to know that he was still planning on asking me to marry him soon, even though he hasn't found a new job yet. He just wanted me not to worry that maybe our timeframe would be set back because of what he had said last year about wanting to get started in his career first. I am sure he will find a job soon enough anyway, but I am glad he still wants to get married this year! He asked me what my ring size is, yay :) I asked him if he knew how long it takes to plan a wedding, and he said, "A while?" haha. I told him most engagements last a year or so but hopefully ours won't have to be that long... So I think he knows now that in order to get married this year as he says he wants we need to get moving :-p

PrincessDee Posts : 58 Registered: 1/6/09
Re: New Here with some excitement
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 7:32 PM Go to message in response to: bunniekrissy

That sounds really exciting. Hopefully you will have your proposal and your ring soon. Welcome, btw. I'm new as well.

SanaChan Posts : 47 Registered: 1/2/08
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 2:43 AM Go to message in response to: bunniekrissy

Welcome here! Good luck! That sounds exciting and nerve wracking all at once! Good luck and definatly keep us posted!
"Those who want to relive their youth, are probably too old to remember it."

MandJ2010 Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: bunniekrissy

thats exciting! Good luck with the planning!! :)

facen Posts : 120 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 8:05 PM Go to message in response to: bunniekrissy

Congratulations!! Good blessings planning an 09" wedding!

VivaLasVegasBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/9/09
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: bunniekrissy

Welcome! Hopefully your engagement will be soon! Until then, there's a lot of great things about Brides.com and everyone on the forums is helpful and fun to talk to, so make yourself at home!

PV2PHILLIPS2B Posts : 25 Registered: 1/13/09
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: bunniekrissy

Welcome! That is exciting, and very mature of him might I add. The fact that he wants to have a good, stable job shows that he is serious about looking at the long run with you. Keep us posted!

I don't know if life is greater than death, but love was more than either~ Tristan & Isolde

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine