Pink (Diamond or Sapphire?) Engagement Ring

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

PV2PHILLIPS2B Posts : 25 Registered: 1/13/09
Pink (Diamond or Sapphire?) Engagement Ring
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 2:18 PM

Does anyone know some great places to find low cost but good quality pink stone engagement rings? I have searched the web a bit, and found a few places, but nothing that really stands out. I told my future fiance' that is my only request and would love to point him in the right direction! =P

Thanks ladies!

mrsJLA Posts : 445 Registered: 5/25/08
Re: Pink (Diamond or Sapphire?) Engagement Ring
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: PV2PHILLIPS2B

Pink diamonds are rare and very expensive but pink sapphires are a beautiful alternative. You can find rings in a range of prices - depending on where you go and the setting. What price range were you looking for if you dont mind me asking? Pink sapphires can range from moderately priced to very expensive depending on the quality, size and color just as do diamonds.

Jaime Kiss

Leli Posts : 89 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: PV2PHILLIPS2B

If you don't mind a lab grown diamond (not CZ, chemically equivalent to a diamond), takaradiamonds.com grows their own diamonds. If you look at their EternaVista diamonds, they can grow one to any size and cut to any shape you want. This is because they take a natural white diamond and then grow a pink diamond around it, thus coloring it. With this, the color can't fade or rub off, which was an issue with synthetically made colored diamonds. If you don't want to go this route, they also have pink grown diamonds throughout. It's a pretty good price, compared to what natural pinks cost.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: mrsJLA

From my research so far I've noticed pink diamonds are quite expensive. FH hasn't really mentioned how much he wants to spend, so I figured I'd give him some ideas to "help him along."

We both love the princess cut, although I have really been leaning towards a radiant cut lately. Which poses another question... Show FH be picking something HE likes, or something he thinks I would like? We were both searching the web this past Friday night and what i was picking out and what he was picking out seemed to not always match up.

As for price and carats and such, I'm not really looking for a huge rock. Just maybe 1 carat. I'm totally fine with a pink sapphire as well. I've always said IF I get married, I wanted a colored stone, not a white diamond. I'm just a little goofy like that I suppose. And I really don't want him spending over 1K for it. Doesn't seem like much, but we're both going to school and currently I'm the bread winner, so I just wouldn't feel comfortable him spending alot of money right now. I've also tought about buying him a ring and popping the question myself, but being the "guy's guy" and always wanting to be "the man" I think it would upset him to not be able to surprise me with a proposal.

Ugh... so stressful and we haven't even started planning the wedding yet! LOL

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: PV2PHILLIPS2B

How about something like this? LINK
The image “http://www.bluenile.com/assets/product_images/rings/SR47400200_200zoom.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
The pink sapphire size equates to a tiny bit smaller than half a carat. I really like BlueNile, as I've had 4 family members get diamonds/settings from them and they turned out to be BEAUTIFUL diamonds.

I also found this (LINK)
Pink Sapphire & .09 ctw Diamond Ring
And this one (I personally like this one) (LINK)
Pink Sapphire & Diamond Ring  14kt White Gold

Edited by: Leli on Jan 13, 2009 3:43 PM

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: PV2PHILLIPS2B

For 1K - you can surely get a gorgeous pink sapphire ring. I have an emerald cut pink sapphire ring with paved diamonds around it (14K white gold) that DH got me for Christmas the year before we got engaged (and everyone thought it was an e-ring, lol). I think we got it for 400 ish - it was originally close double that but it was a holiday sale. I think its comparable in size to teh size of a 3/4-1 carat diamond, somewhere in between there.

I dont see alot of radiant cut pink sapphires but princess cut ones are common. I like the one from BlueNile too in a pp....

Jaime Kiss

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: Leli

Leli - loved the third choice too... but I am partial to costco because DH works for them and they sell really high quality jewelry. I know - I have alot of it.

Jaime Kiss

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: mrsJLA

I found a reputable website that lets you design your own with a gemstone as your center, instead of a diamond, and they're having a sale on gemstone jewelry right now too. The only thing is, I didn't see a princess cut pink stone. I saw lots of fancy shapes though. The website was angara.com, maybe they'll get some pink princess cuts in sometime soon?

mrsJLA- I don't have any Costco jewelry, but I check them out every other week when I do my Costco trips! They look beautiful. Does your DH get an employee discount?

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: Leli

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For the pics and the links, and the info ladies! I love all your suggestions! As for the pics, I think I agree with you Leli. The last one with pave' diamonds is gorgeous!

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: Leli

No discount but employees are exec members and he gets three additional family memberships for free. But since I am his wife, I get an exec membership as well. We get 2% back from the execs at the end of the year. The best part about Costco (besdes DH gets paid well and they are very employee friendly) is the return policy - I got a pair of earrings and once and they were too big for me and I couldnt wear them. I took them back for a full refund. Plus they give you appraisals for anything with diamonds in it and if you took it to a jeweler for an appraisal and something was wrong, they would take it back in a heartbeat.

Jaime Kiss

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: mrsJLA

Costco has an amazing return policy. Sounds like you're in a good situation :D

Cassiopeia Posts : 85 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: PV2PHILLIPS2B

Blue nile has a lovely pink sapphire ring:

http://www.bluenile.com/pink-sapphire-diamond-ring_6302?nav1=jewelry_segment.jsp&sapphire_filter=pink&catid=194&set_shape=

Jewels for me has some, if you don't mind lab created pink sapphires there is a very large selection and they have the pink sapphire as a center stone.

http://www.jewelsforme.com/itemlist-main.asp?page=1&category=Rings&GemType=C09p

I really like this one:

http://www.ice.com/home/product_details.jsp?productCode=P_RCP_030933&sourceID=IFRGL&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=RCP_030933

But it only has one size left.

This is unique and cute

http://www.ultradiamonds.com/jewelry/detail.cfm?mid=4378&affiliate=googlefeed

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

I can't offer any help but I just wanted to say that pink is my absolute favorite color, and the pictures above are gorgeous!!

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Happy Together since June 20, 1994

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine