HELP HELP!!!

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19

Sharkgirllovesc... Posts : 39 Registered: 12/5/08
HELP HELP!!!
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 1:59 PM

Okay girls, here's the deal:

I have been eyeing this dress for......four years now. I FINALLY had the opportunity to try it on the other day and I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT!! I felt like a princess in it.

But I had also promised my girls that I would have an open mind about dress shopping and tried on a few others. I put on the one my mom chose and fell in love with it too!! So it became my #2 (we had to wittle everything down to two).

The second dress is just as flashy (except for the skirt) and is $150 less.

I put my second choice on layaway and as I was walking out the door, saw another girl trying on my first choice and my heart did flip flops =(

Am I having buyers remorse or should I switch it out for the other dress? Keep in mind, I'm not even sure the store will allow me to do this at all so cross your fingers if I choose to change my mind!

Ok so here they are girls, be brutally honest, how do I look in each one? (I already analyzed the smiles and they are both the same LOL) oh, and the hair is only up because it was so HOT in the salon that day!!!

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Re: HELP HELP!!!
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

They both look great on you. My only point of reference is that my best friend had the 1st dress for her wedding and it looked beautiful at the reception with the sequins in the skirt refelcting all the lights! That's the only reason that I would be partial to the 1st one. Good luck!

preview photopreview image

preview image

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

I like #2 better on you. It makes you look very classy and shows off your curves nicely.

wedding widget

Edited by: WinterWonderlandBride on Jan 12, 2009 2:50 PM

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Thanks Tiger!! I'm waiting for a call back to see if my dress is able to be put on layaway, so it's not a problem of switching its whether or not the other dress qualifies for layaway.

Also, we are doing the same thing!! We are waiting two months (compared to your one) to try for a baby =)

He knows how much and how long I have been waiting to finish my family (I already have a 6 year old daughter) so he told me just to allow him 2 months at least to be a Mr. and Mrs. then we will try.

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

Congrats Sharkgirl, that's exciting. We also have an older child who will soon be three so we don't want them to be too far apart but I think 4 years difference is a good break,lol!

preview photopreview image

preview image

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

I'd so go with your gut!
You went for the second one and I would stick with it. Second guessing yourself is just going to create so much stress (as if brides don't have enough stress)
I think you look lovely in it and I actually think it fits you nicer than the first one, I think it's very flattering.

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Thank everyone for comments and advice. =) When I mentioned my heart did flip flops? It meant, when I look at my first choice, I get this warm fuzzy feeling inside and its like fireworks go off......when I think of my second one I think "everyone says I look good in it, my mom picked it, and it's $150 less" so while I AM thinking logically, bottom line, is it gonna make me happy?? That's what's going on =)

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

I like the second one more, I think it's more flattering on you. :)

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

I like the first one better, but I've never been a fan of halter wedding gowns - I have no idea why, but they have just never floated my boat!

For $150 difference I'd get the one you adore. I mean....this is not a MASSIVE amount of money, you could make it up by saving $10 per week for the 4 months it will take for the dress to come in!! It's not as if you're wresting with the difference between a $150 gown and a $1500 gown.

TiDaWinterBride Posts : 154 Registered: 10/10/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: MrsM2009

I, personally, like the first one the best. It just seems to flatter your figure better. I, too, am not a huge fan of halter tops, so maybe that's wha's fueling my choice. The second one does look really good on you, though, but, if you love, love the first one, maybe you should switch out. Like the PP said, it's not a HUGE price difference.

Good luck deciding! I haven't started my dress shoppign endeavors, yet, and I am dreading the whole ordeal!!

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: TiDaWinterBride

Alright ladies! Here's the final info on this situation!

I GOT THE DRESS THAT I WANTED!!! They did everything over the phone and I'm getting the one I wanted. They took the price difference over the phone and in 60 days (or less) it will be in my hands and MINE!!!!

I'm like a giddy school girl =)

OH just in case, its the strapless one, without the halter =)

Cassiopeia Posts : 85 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

The second one is far more flattering on your body type. The basque waist elongates your torso, and is sliming, and I like the halter.

shellbe Posts : 1 Registered: 12/12/07
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

Dear Bride to be:

As an image consultant, I will be perfectly honest. I don't find either flattering. Unfortunately, this is the case with many brides, either the consultant does not know enough about body types/shapes and the appropriate styles to accentuate the correct features, OR, they just don't care.

A few tips, as I would like you to look gorgeous on your special day.

1. Skip the strapless. So many brides lean towards this option, and all it does is accentuate the upper, under arm area that tends on many women to look flabby. I think the one with straps is better.
2. Omit the tulle on the bottom of the dress, it makes you look bigger, it is too poofy. I am all for you showing off your curves but it looks like a costume.
3. Skip satin or other clingy fabrics.
4. Look for a dress with perhaps a cap sleeve, or some sort of strap that will not draw the eye to your arms, but your face. (2nd dress)
5. Go with a leaner, perhaps, A-Line dress, it will slim the hips. If you keep the focus and detail of the gown on the bodice and neckline, it will be very flattering to your face.
I cannot see your face well, but it looks like you have pretty eyes, focus on that feature for your make-up and everyone will see a pretty face and a pretty dress and not a bunch of tulle gathered at the bottom of your dress.

signed,
honest bride

Edited by: shellbe on Jan 12, 2009 7:26 PM

Anjelbabe Posts : 55 Registered: 1/10/09
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

OMG I love the Second one!!!!!!!! IMO ( to offend or anything) Women with bigger breasts should wear haltered tops. they just make everything look better. they show off curves more and at the same time don't put you all out there.they are both GORGEOUS don't get me wrong. I and you look amazing in both of them I can see how you fell in love with both of them. I just like the second one better. Good luck I hope your discretion is made easier!!!!

HollySunshine Posts : 34 Registered: 9/28/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 9:05 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

I say i'd go back and see if you can switch I dont see why they wouldnt let you switch for the more expensive one... I mean they are making more money off of it!

I like the first one way better! Looks amazing on you!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine