Ring help!

Online Users: 1,287 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

chelcp Posts : 3 Registered: 12/23/08
Ring help!
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 9:50 PM

I found my dream ring at zales, and told my boyfriend about it... He isn't planning on buying a ring or getting engaged until he graduates next year. I'm afraid by the time he proposes that this ring won't be offered anymore.. does anyone know how long jewerly stores pull rings off the market?

jloveland Posts : 33 Registered: 12/18/08
Re: Ring help!
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: chelcp

I guess the best you can do is maybe write down the serial number of the ring....watches have numbers so rings do too right? Just a thought so you can google it or ask around in the future if no ones offering it anymore. =)

Future Mrs. Salinas!

Jeter Posts : 17 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 12:42 AM Go to message in response to: chelcp

How exciting!

Which ring is it? Mine is a Zales ring. I love it!

chelcp Posts : 3 Registered: 12/23/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: Jeter

here is a picture of it.... 1-1/4 CT. T.W. Princess Cut Diamond Wedding Set in 14K White Gold - Zales It is a bridal set...and I LOVE this ring...Princess cut is my favorite style!

Jeter Posts : 17 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 11:27 PM Go to message in response to: chelcp

I love that set too! Mine is similar. It has one stone in the center rather than the 4 - and like yours it has the small round diamonds around the center.

I like the idea and symmetry of the 2 wedding bands so much that we ordered a second one for me. You can never have enough diamonds!

MrsSmith62610 Posts : 17 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: chelcp

Ok, so I asked a friend of mine that used to work for Zales before moving to Jareds and here is what she said. One option is to have him put the ring in Layway which goes as long a 12 mths per their policy. By doing this he can pay on it a little at a time and not have to keep up with the ring himself. Second option is to get the serial number and do a little research on who is the maker of the ring. Sometimes you can find them after they are pulled through the wholesaler.
I hope this helps and good luck!!!

FutureMrs.Smith

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 9:07 PM Go to message in response to: chelcp

that's really pretty

TheNextMrsDunn Posts : 19 Registered: 12/4/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: chelcp

Thats my engagement ring!! I love it. They also have it at JBR and Kays as well. I have been in love with that ring for a while now, and finally got it in November. They have had it around for a while though, and the lady at JBR told me that it is a popular ring and doesnt see it getting discontinued anytime soon. So hopefully that will help you out. Good choice on your ring by the way! =)
Daisypath Wedding Ticker

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: chelcp

Very pretty!
Mine is from Zales as well

♥Emy&Bryan
September 27, 2008
WEDDING42SMALLER-1.jpg picture by BellaEmy112

Our little Rocky
Born: 10-03-08

Edit Avatar

Franko Posts : 128 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMaldonado

great looking ring

I bought our rings @

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: Franko

Hey Franko - perhaps you would enjoy a few minutes of playing in some traffic. Go away vendor.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine