"New" Name, "Old" Name

Online Users: 1,261 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
"New" Name, "Old" Name
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 3:13 PM

This is a different type of "changing your name" topic:

While reading through all the "name change" threads. I realized something. in the (almost) 6 months that I have been married, my maiden name seems so....foreign-- like it never belonged to me. I had that name for 27 years of my life and it seems so weird when I see now. I no longer have to think about signing my married name...it's now 2nd nature.

My driver's license has my maiden name as my middle name and it just looks crazy, ya know??

Anybody else feel like that? Or am I just the weird one in the bunch?? lol.

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Happy Together since June 20, 1994

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Re: "New" Name, "Old" Name
Posted: Dec 21, 2008 6:04 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

I'm deffinately with you on this. I'm a teacher so all my students use Mrs. Z. The other teachers all know me as Lindsay Z. The other day, I was telling a story about my student teaching experience and I was quoting one of my students then. I said "Miss Kuhn, blahblahblah." I had to really think about what he would have called me and it just felt so odd to say it. My mother occasionally calls me Lindsay Kuhn, but I never slip, and I got used to it fairly quickly. We just had our second anniversary, but I remember quickly (less than a month) getting used to saying and using my married name and my maiden name only being a connection to my family, not ME.

I will note that the day after our wedding, DH and I realized we had lost our camera. I called the hotel we had stayed at (attached to our reception hall) to ask if anyone had found it. They said they would go to the hotel room and look then call me back. When they did call back, I aswered and they said "Mrs. Z, blahblahblah." It took me back. Wasn't used to it yet. It was less than 24 hours after the wedding, though. Haha.

ticker

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Re: "New" Name, "Old" Name
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

A-Line Sweetheart Neckline One-Shoulder Strap with Ruffles and Split on teh Skirt Floor Length Zipper Chiffon prom dress
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $129.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-sweetheart-neckline-oneshoulder-strap-with-ruffles-and-split-on-teh-skirt-floor-length-zipper-chiffon-prom-dress-p-31970.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine