I can't get my mind off it

Online Users: 1,236 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 4

VasKocka Posts : 4 Registered: 12/13/08
I can't get my mind off it
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 8:08 PM

I'm 19 turning 20 this year (I know I'm young) and I feel like my bf of almost 2 years is going ask me this year on X-mas eve.. but I don't want to get too hopeful

but I'm almost certian he has the ring (the one we both liked a lot is missing from the display window) and he was out with a friend the day i saw it was gone.

since he said he doesn't want to get married while he's in school or other things like that I don't want to get hopeful that it'll happen this year

but he has also said things like "I know you'll get something you REALLY want this year, and I want to propose when everyone (my parents) are around" (they're coming to my place on X-mas eve). So I don't know what to think.. but as X-mas eve gets closer I can't help but get anxious about it.

He's been hinting about something hidden upstairs.. I've been snooping.. but i can't find a box anywhere.. although i havn't been looking for reciepts... hmmm...

anyway.. thing is I'm about to loose my mind.. I can't get focused enough to do school work anymore...

what can I do to keep sane?

Franko Posts : 128 Registered: 11/15/08
Re: I can't get my mind off it
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 6:41 AM Go to message in response to: VasKocka

Well I think too he has bought it, it is a nice thing to be nervous about. Only few days left, i wish you luck

I bought our rings @

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: VasKocka

You've been snooping? lol. It sounds like he may have the ring ;) But don't get too excited. I thought my bf was going to pop the quesion on our 5th year anni this year but he didn't He kept dropping hints like it was going to happen. He mentioned to me how we should get some champaigne and all that. I thought he was going to, but he didnt. So just incase just don't get your hopes up, but from the sounds of it it does sound like u may get a ring. Hopefully you and I both will be celebrating this Christmas lol. Goodluck and let us know what happens :)

jloveland Posts : 33 Registered: 12/18/08
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 8:02 PM Go to message in response to: VasKocka

DONT LOOK FOR IT!!!
If you are getting engaged this xmas then congrats but if you see the ring early he may know in your facial expressions...half of proposing is the expressions...give him that at least. sounds like you may get it but who knows..birthdays and valentines day are always hot days to propose...im proposing after vday, on his bday, i cant wait! im buying the ring next month though.

Proposing to my man on 2/24/09 & Marrying on 1/14/12

SoonToBeHawkins Posts : 4 Registered: 12/19/08
Posted: Dec 20, 2008 12:13 AM Go to message in response to: VasKocka

I know exactly what you are going through! I am also 19, will be 20 on the 26th of Dec.. My boyfriend and i have looked at what seems like a million rings. Last week while i was at work i called him and he refused to tell me where he was or what he was doing.....He thinks he is really sneaky lol. Recently he has even gone as far as to tease me by saying that he hid "my christmas present" in my car (which is a complete mess). Im not even trying to look though. As much as i am looking forward to him being on one knee, i know he just likes seeing me squirm. I love the waiting part. His teasing and oh-so-vague hints are fun.I cant wait to see what he comes up with for when he finally pops the question.Im sure that just like me you wakeup and think about different proposal situations and fall asleep planning your dream wedding. So i guess my point is that you are not alone in your constant thoughts of cake and flowers and dresses. Good Luck and i hope that your holiday season brings everything you have been driving yourself crazy about!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine