May 2010 Brides!

Online Users: 1,342 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 694

HisSweetpea Posts : 1 Registered: 1/6/09
Re: May 2010 Brides!
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: Karen2009

Hi! My wedding date is actually on my birthday. May 14th, 2010. Im really excited and I can't wait to start planning.

AshleyButts Posts : 2 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

im may 8 2010 ive already atarted planning cause my cousin cried for a month before her wedding so i dont want to be stresses like that.. OMG my man is the same way he gives an oppion on some stuff but its like usually little simple stuff that we decided months ago like where were getting married so it doesnt really count!! for the most part he says anything you want is fine with me.. lol im having a hard time though.. im on a tight budget (like 3k) and im planning a fairytale wedding.. seems to be impossible.. but luckly where im doing the ceremony is free and the reception venu is like 300$ and my mom is doing the food and cake and im making all of the boquets with fresh grocery store flowers LMAO so all of the expensive stuff is taken care of but if anyonehas any tips i have a post that i could really use some advice with good luck and congrats to everyone!!!

http://www.brides.com/forums/planning-and-etiquette/thread.jspa?threadID=62996

TheNextMrsDunn Posts : 19 Registered: 12/4/08
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: AshleyButts

Hi girls! Congrats to all the new brides on here. May is going to be a busy month! =) So I got a bit of crappy news today... We have been going to a certain curch in our area for the past 2 - 2 1/2 months and have throughally enjoyed it there. My brother has been going there for a while and introduced us to the church. Well the pastor knows that we have been planning on gettin married in that chuch from the day we got engaged, my brother went in the next sunday and told him. My brother also told him at that point of time that we lived together. It wasnt a big deal at that point of time to him. Well I went to talk to him today about securing the date for our wedding, seeing as how we have a lot of things booked already, and it was all of a sudden a big deal that we are living together. He said that he is going to propose a "challenge" for us with regards to us living together on Saturday when we talk next. He said that our success on the "challenge" will determine if he marries us or not. I'm so upset right now. I love that church... I dont want to get married anywhere else, but I am scared about what his "challenge" may be!! Hopefully I'm just freaking out about nothing. What are your girl's thoughts about all of this? I posted this on the main forum too just to get some more thoughts. Sorry for the long vent....

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

MrsGlover2010 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

Hi Everyone... I'm not 100% sure yet but I'm going to look at a venue this week that my mom says is "perfect" and if it works out I'll be getting married May 1, 2010 too! I got engaged a week before Christmas, Marcus and I have been together for almost 8 years now so hopefully these next 15 months will fly by! I'm so excited and I've started planning early because we're living in St. Louis, MO and getting married in Washington DC so this will be a challenge! I have my bridesmaids picked out but no colors yet. I look forward to meeting you all... good luck with the planning ladies!

FutureMrsP2010 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/15/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSmith62610

My fiance' and I got engaged pretty much the same way. Two weeks before Christmas he came to me with a date and of course, I said yes. He didn't get down on one knee with a ring because we really can't afford one right now and he didn't want me to have to settle for anything. I announce it to my family the weekend after Christmas and everyone was very happy. I think that the bottom line is that as long as the two of you know that this what you want to do out of the love and respect that you have for one another, then that's all that matters. No one can tell you how you are suppose to run your life and/or household just based on what they believe. I am excited to be getting married MAY 28, 2010. YAY!!!

MrsStanley2be Posts : 4 Registered: 1/20/09
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: Meems8289

I'm May 22, 2010 too! Congratulations!

bridetobe56 Posts : 7 Registered: 7/22/07
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

Hey everyone! Looks like I'm the only May 15th wedding so far unless I missed it! Congratulations to you all, it's great to hear from people who are excited about the same thing as me. So far, we have found our ceremony and reception location, and I got my dress too (not planned)! It's supposed to come in this month, and I am ecstatic! It's a wierd feeling now that we actually have to start making decisions about what we want! I'm excited to talk with you ladies about the process so I don't feel alone!
Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.  ~Emily Brontë

jessicamarie2010 Posts : 10 Registered: 1/23/09
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: MrsGlover2010

How did you decide on a date? My FH and I got engaged December 18, 2008 in South Beach and we live in the Washington, DC area. We've always wanted a spring wedding because of the colors and weather, but, I am having a very hard time picking a date. We kinda through out May 8, 2010 but I just want to settle on it and for some reason I can't. I thought April would be a good month too...but I'm thinking that I should stay away from that month because of the old saying "April showers, bring May flowers".

Should I wait until we meet with the venue and then settle on the date?

Jessica...Soon to be Mrs. Jonathan Sean Barb in May of 2010!

Edited by: jessicamarie2010 on Jan 25, 2009 12:40 PM

anfeesgirl Posts : 25 Registered: 1/25/09
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 8:10 PM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

may 8th, 2010!! i guess you could say i have been planning for a long time, and my boyfriend has gotten a little upset with me, he said it feels like i was pressuring him, but he said the ring should be coming soon so im allowed to now! but, by now ive got my colors picked out, my bridal party (and his), my caterer(hopefully), my cake design, my ceremony venue, and a few other things, but nothing that requires my signature or money. ha. i do know he has asked my parents and that my mom was very happy. he wont tell me what else until after he proposes. i cant wait! i think i know what my ring looks like too. and its beautifully amazingly unique and awesome!!

why did everyone pick may? i picked cuz i have a lot of older relatives and i know they wont like the heat. i think its a good neutral month as far as seasons go.

SweetLou32 Posts : 5 Registered: 9/30/08
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

Whoo hoo! I'm so excited to know I'm not the only one anymore getting married in May 2010. I got engaged in October 2007 and it's been a bumpy ride, many vendors didn't want to talk to me until at least a year before..
But I've got the venue, photographer, caterer and I'm designing my invites now too. Things are going great, but it still seems so far..May 29, 2010, cant' wait! Oh and the one thing I hate is that the things in 2007 that I wanted for my wedding that were unique, are not unique anymore, darn. :-(

Kellielizabeth Posts : 1 Registered: 11/28/08
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 3:52 AM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

my fiancee and i were thinking roughly may 14th.
Glad to see there are a quite a few other couples planning for the same month & year already!

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Edited by: Caceresmorinwedding on Jan 29, 2009 3:52 AM

Edited by: Caceresmorinwedding on Jan 29, 2009 3:53 AM

MrsGlover2010 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: jessicamarie2010

So its official... we've booked the venue and our date is May 1, 2010. We didn't have a specific date in mind when we were planning so we were flexible when talking with venues. If you don't have your heart set on a specific date I suggest doing the same. The place we were looking at had either April 24 or May 1 available and I just liked the ring of May 1st more :) I think once you start looking you'll find that date that just feels right. I'm putting the planning on hold until May of this year since a lot of photographers and caterers wont take our requests seriously at this point. Good Luck ladies!

FutureMrsRobbins Posts : 1 Registered: 2/3/09
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 2:13 AM Go to message in response to: TheNextMrsDunn

Hey guys! Well I guess its not a big suprise now, but we are also getting married on May 1, 2010! First we had March20, 2010, but there were conflicts so we finally set the date! I cant believe we have to wait even longer, but it just gives us more time to enjoy the engagement i think! :) So..... I have a good idea of the venue for the reception, but thats about IT! If anyone has suggestions on colors, etc... PLEASE PLEASE let me hear your input! I really need to get that figured out soon so I can get started planning and i know once I have that set it will all start flowing! Cant wait to hear from yall!!! Also, if anyone knows of any amazing places in the downtown/N Dallas, TX area for venues Id love to hear them before we book our place very soon! Might as well check out all options b4 committing right!!! Congrats everyone! :)

soontobeMrsGibson Posts : 1 Registered: 2/4/09
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 10:40 PM Go to message in response to: bridetobe56

I'm a May 15!! My fiancee and I have to start planning early because we live in BC whereas our entire party lives in Saskatchewan lol. I'm excited and nervous to see how much effect the distance will have.

Eribeth Posts : 1 Registered: 2/5/09
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: HisSweetpea

Hi Everyone!
I just joined the website. Our date is May 29, 2010 in Manchester MI. This should be interesting because I live in Indiana, my fiancee just got transfered to Pittsburgh and the wedding like I said is in another location. Yikes! We are having the reception at a beautiful inn that is owned by my cousin and the photography is being done by the same woman that did my senior pictures. Is anybody else stressed yet?!?!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine