Fall,2011 Brides
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 9:43 PM

Anyone getting married in fall,2011?

Happily together since May 11,2008

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Re: Fall,2011 Brides
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I'm doing summer of 2011, its hard to find people who are waiting so long!!

aelrod Posts : 92 Registered: 12/5/07
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 9:42 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

I am summer 2011 as well-- I have been waiting for this thread for so long!

Our wedding is FOREVER AND A DAY away!

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: aelrod

Me too, me too. Well lets talk, and others will join as 2011 nears.
I am going a little bit crazy. I am SO excited about my wedding,a nd marriage of course, but its so far. I wont be done college until May of 2011 and I really want to be 21 when I get married, so moving it up isnt an option. I admit I am obsessed with brides.com because no one wants to hear about it yet, even though I have so many ideas already. This is my place to vent without driving my loved ones crazy.

So what kind of ideas do you have already?

RLM Posts : 27 Registered: 10/4/08
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

The date was originally going to be 10/15/10, but now it's 10/14/11. For now my wedding planning will be on hold for the next year. Granted the e-ring and wedding band is already picked out, chosen the colors - chocolate brown, red, orange and gold accent, flowers and the church. It's going to be hard to not focus on anything wedding related for a whole year. FH wants to pay of his debt before we get married. I'm coming to terms with the decision to delay the wedding for another year, but he's worth the wait.

wedding website

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 10:36 PM Go to message in response to: RLM

Hey RLM its great to welcome another waiting bride. Its great that he wants to pay off his debt first, proves maturity. I am also waiting until 2011 and I do think about it an awful lot, but not any major plans. Feel free to chat here, it helps me alot because I would annoy my family way too much if I didn't get some wedding release.

emtbridetobe Posts : 2 Registered: 1/5/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Yeah, people thinks it is weird i want to wait so long. I want to finish nursing school so im not trying to do both at the same time and running around. AT the moment its looking like late summer early fall of 2011.

This also gives more time to plan and put money away for it, so i dont have to cut more corners then i need too!
Daisypath Wedding Ticker

DZKathryn Posts : 3 Registered: 1/4/09
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 3:28 AM Go to message in response to: emtbridetobe

I have been looking for a thread for those of us with 2011 dates, no one else seems to be waiting this long.I just got engaged on New Years Eve and we picked Sep. 10, 2011. It feels like it is forever away! I want to jump right into planning, but I'm afraid that I'll get bored, or that my friends and family will get tired of hearing about it.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: DZKathryn

hah Dz thats exactly my concern. I don't think i could ever get bored of wedding planning, but syles and stuff may change. My family already wants to kill me, brdies.com is great release to let out all wedding talk. Everyone here likes wedddings and we all want to hear about yours!! So yay, a 2011 thread.!

Candy333 Posts : 31 Registered: 11/9/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: DZKathryn

Just wanted to say I luv the date u chose. I read ure post before i looked at the side and I actually read it as 9-10-11 and I thought lovely just lovely. I feel like my date is forever and a day away so I can just imagine how u guys feel. All I can say is the time is passing faster than I expected so ure date will arrive sooner than u think. Enjoy the planning.

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://www.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/qs31c99.png[/img]
[/url]

RLM Posts : 27 Registered: 10/4/08
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 8:14 PM Go to message in response to: Candy333

I'm with the rest of you fellow brides in waiting. Since my fiance and I have pushed the date back a year, I was thinking of changing it to 11/11/11. I think it's a cool date. Hopefully FH will agree. This year I'm just going to focus on paying off the rest of my debt, saving for the wedding and sending my daughter off to college.

That should keep me pretty busy this year. Hmm, maybe I'll pick up ballroom dancing again. It's great exercise.
wedding website

April2011Bride Posts : 4 Registered: 1/20/09
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Hey girls, we recently picked an April 2, 2011 wedding date. We are waiting to do anything that requires a location because we are planning on moving within the next couple of months based on jobs and their locations. We want to get married where we are living and we do not know that yet, so it is hard not to get too venue involved. We know a few things and we will have a 4 year engagement and be together for 8 years by the time we get married, but I am anxious but it is worth the wait. It is nice to find some place to talk to people about it and have it where everyone is excited to talk about it...
[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://www.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/3aa16xg1jz.png[/img]
[/url]

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: April2011Bride

I just saw this thread and I agree with the PP I have been waiting for this thread for sooo long!! I have already been engaged for over a year and we plan to get married June 18, 2011. It does seem like a long time away but now that we are getting closer to the 2 year mark we have to make some decisions.

We are planning on having about 250-300 people at our wedding and there are not that many large reception places around here so the bigger places usually book about 2 years out. So we have been looking at a couple of places but have not made a final decision yet.

I was recently thinking about colors too and we haven't decided what we are going to do but some options are tiffany blue, ivory, and black or tiffany blue, ivory, and brown ... we like the look but our wedding is in June and we think that the black or brown might be a little too dark. We also were thinking of maybe a fushia with black and ivory to spruce the color up. If you have any suggestions, let me know!!

Waiting2baSmith Posts : 16 Registered: 1/13/09
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 12:08 AM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

I am also a 2011 Bride! (Summer 2011)

We got engaged, on November 30, and I am super excited to start planning. We have decided on our theme, and colors (even though that may change). Everything else, I am trying to wait until the date gets a little closer.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am so sick of hearing people say, "Geeze, you have plenty of time to plan!" Don't remind me, I just want him to be my husband already!

I am so glad that I have found a place to connect with other brides who are patiently waiting like me!

Have a great week!
wedding tickers

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: Waiting2baSmith

Congrats Waiting!! What colors and ideas do you have so far??

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine