Creative ways to ask bridesmaids???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

ChevyGirly Posts : 19 Registered: 11/3/06
Creative ways to ask bridesmaids???
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 3:42 PM

A few months ago, there was either an article or a thread on this site that was all about creative ways to ask your bridesmaids to be a part of your wedding. At that time, I wasn't engaged, but now that I am, I cannot find it to save my life! I don't just want to say "Hey, would you like to be my bridesmaid?" Any ideas?

"O magnify the LORD with me..." ~Ps. 34:3

JamieShane Posts : 1 Registered: 3/31/08
Re: Creative ways to ask bridesmaids???
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 11:11 PM Go to message in response to: ChevyGirly

ChevyGirly wrote:
A few months ago, there was either an article or a thread on this site that was all about creative ways to ask your bridesmaids to be a part of your wedding. At that time, I wasn't engaged, but now that I am, I cannot find it to save my life! I don't just want to say "Hey, would you like to be my bridesmaid?" Any ideas?

"O magnify the LORD with me..." ~Ps. 34:3

Hi! Like you, I wanted to ask my bridesmaids to be my bridesmaids in a special way. So, I decided to write everyone a letter asking them to be my bridesmaid. I bought really cute cards, from Inviting Company, of a bridesmaid dress is watercolors. Then using my printer, I wrote each bridesmaid and letter letting them know how much it would mean to me to if they would be my bridesmaid. I even printed their address and return address on the envelope using my printer. They were personal and the girls loved them.

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: JamieShane

We had a picnic and invited all the girls and guys over. My FH asked all of the guys (I had asked most of the girls already) and we gave them their save the dates. It was nice for all of them to get to meet each other.

MrsKG Posts : 115 Registered: 10/5/08
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: ChevyGirly

I wanted to be really creative too, especially since one of my BM's lives on the other side of the US...so I found a bunch of really cute poems through google asking them to be my bridesmaid, I have 4 of them and everyone got a different poem, then after the poem i wrote them a little note saying what they meant to me and how much I loved them and wanted them to be part of our day. Then I had custome shirts made for each of them, they were all pink and my MOH's shirt said Maid of honor then under it said Official Side Kick, then all the bridesmaids shirts said Bridemaid and under them i customized them to say somthing to describe them, one of them said "the wild one", another said "the bad influence" (we always get into trouble when we are together, fun trouble that is!) and the last one said "the brides homegirl" and I also ordered myself a shirt that matches theirs and it says "lucky me, the bride to be" I thought they would be fun to wear for the shower and the bachlorette party and maybe even the rehersal dinner! When i gave my girls their gifts they were all very excited and LOVED the shirts!!! Heres what they look like...from Bridalpartytees.com

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
--Sam Keen

wedding widget

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: ChevyGirly

I ordered cards online from http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/viewdetails.asp?pid=136135&page=1&cid=560
(I got the first one on the page)

You can customize them and they are really good quality and turned out really cute. I hand delivered them to each of my BMs and they loved them!

There are a ton of websites out there with different cards like that, if you do a google search like a million come up.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine