THE MOVIE THREAD ( Fav quotes, Reviews, discussions, etc...)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 265

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Re: THE MOVIE THREAD (favorite quotes, Reviews, discussions,etc...)
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

I'm a big Saw junkie as well and the 5th one is good IMO.

I love Seth Rogan movies and Shia LaBeof movies. He's my new fav actor.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 7:32 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

That whole collection of Superbad, 40Yr Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, etc etc is just really funny intelligent comedy. Love all that stuff.

Did anyone see Walk Hard? It was John C Reilly and it was a spoof of the Johny Cash story. It was underrated but I thought it was absolutely hilarious.

Horror movies - dont like them normally. I find them more silly than scary. At least the campy ones. People in masks and stuff like that I just dont get into. But I LOVE the classic stuff thats more psychological and smart like The Shining which is brilliant - and anything Hitchcock , and The Twilight Zone. Also Silence of the Lambs is one of my favorite movies ever. I guess thats a psychological thriller, at least to me. Scared the crap out of me thats all I konw LOL. I like stuff like that where it could actually happen or DID and it just freaks you out.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I also enjoy a good psychological thriller. Silence of the Lambs is also one of my fave movies. It creeps me out and I like that creepiness. But I dont like the all out blood bath type movies. It's all a little too much. Do we REALLY need SIX Saw movies? How much can the plot really change? Dont get it.

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Yeah I dont like the real gory stuff either. Just a personal thing, I hate watching that. Anything with too much blood etc I usually just cant physically watch.

Oh I remember watching Faces of Death YEARS ago as a teenager and it really freaked me out, it was sooooo bizarre and creepy.

What movies make you all CRY? Like literal tears and you cant stop? Just curious. I tend to cry at weird stuff, small moments. Whereas sometimes the big "youre supposed to cry right now" stuff with the music and all that just feels overdone to me. An example of this was when Andy Dufrane plays the opera music in Shawshank Redemption. That whole scene made me tear up; just the idea that hearing music gives you a freedom that they cant take away. That line is awesome. They cant take away music.

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

This is totatlly off the horror subjuect..but I love "somewhat" reality movies, like I just watched for the first time "Georgia Rule" that was an awsome movie..and the other night I watched "August Rush"  I know these are "older" movies but they were both really good. 

Science fiction movies don't really do much for me, don't know why. and if I do they are far and few. 

Back on the horror note: I totally see what you guys are saying as far as the masks and stuff..but the thing with SAW is that it CAN happen.  It's based on someone with an intelligent and demented mind.  I never liked the "Fredy- Jason - Scream" type movies.  Those make me laugh...becuase who is really stupid enough to walk in the dark like that or keep answering the phone and never call the police. I mean it's just stupid.  I aboslutly LOVE the "Shinning" now THAT is a classic.

Check out my Album for wedding pics!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: nanette927

My favorites are:

INSOMNIA 

MY COUSIN VINNIE

GHOST 

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

SISTER ACT I & II (I LOVE gospel music!)

They have always been my faves!

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Im going to see Role Models on Sat w. my sister. Im excited. I love Paul Rudd.  He is hysterical. Clueless did him no justice in his humor and improv skills!!

BTW, Clueless is one of my all time faves.

"I not a Mexican!"

"what was that all about"

"Lucy is from El Salvador"

"so?"

"you get upset when someone thinks you live below Sunset"

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley – “What movies make you all CRY?” The ONLY movie I’ve ever shed tears over is I am Legend. I don’t watch many sappy movies. I’ve never seen The Pursuit of Happiness I’m sure that movie would make me cry.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Ha mrspinky I never watch anything that is going to make me cry. And if it does make me cry i NEVER watch it again, or I stop it before the sad parts.

Titanic I watch until they hit the iceberg, then it gets shut off.

I watched The Notebook ONCE and never again

I watch Forrest Gump to the middle-ish and then stop it to name a few.

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I am legend..didn't that just SUCK! when the dog died! URHG. 

So anyway, movies that really made me cry ;

P.S. I love you - I know it's a sappy movie.lol

Not without my Daughter - great great movie

Comedey's =

Clueless - loved it!

What happens in Vegas

Foregetting Sarah Marshall! OMG I so l loved the begining of that movie..he he .

Check out my Album for wedding pics!

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I cried during the last scene/moments of American Beauty. I just found it so beautiful and moving, and when the screen went black and they played the Beatles song "Because"- that really made me tear up. I remember just sitting there in the theatre konwing I had just seen a great movie.

I also cried in Good Will Hunting - not like bawling or anything but ya know, got emotional, had tears lol - when Ben Afflecks character tells Will that the best part of his day is when he goes to pick up Will in the mornings; and how each day he hopes THAT will be the day Will is just not there. That he had left. That just kills me - when he tells him he is better than that small town and that he was made for greater things. Ahhh I love that movie.

Someone brought up Not Without My Daughter. That WAS A good movie. I loooove Sally Field. Love Sybil, Places In the Heart was also amazing. And I love Meryl Streep. She makes me cry because shes so damn real in her roles. The Bridges of Madison County was really good. I just felt so bad for her character in that one. I could go on forever. I heart movies.

AngelofAugust Posts : 89 Registered: 8/3/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I'm sorry but no movie has ever made me cry like Seven...When Brad Pitt asks "Whats in the box?" I lost it. Other than that anytime an animal dies I cant fight back the waterworks.

Oh and Kelley, American Beauty, Best-Movie-Ever!

I saw W...I was expecting it to be funnier than it was...It made me feel sad for Bush, embarassed even, by the end of it.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I am a sap, I will admit it:

What Dreams may Come
City of Angels (and I will not watch it again.  Ever.)
League of their Own
Ever After  (incidentally...NEVER watch Ever After, City of Angels, and What Dreams May Come, back to back.  Two might have nice endings but it's a bit too much)

I am sure tehre are others, but these pop up.

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: AngelofAugust

Yes SEVEN!!! That scene made me cry too. Its the WAY he says it - whats in the box?- that kills me. Also; Kramer vs. Kramer. That movie makes me sad. And The Rookie. When Dennis Quiad finally gets to pitch for Tampa at the end - oh thats just an amazing scene. God there are so many movies that are just so welldone and moving.

Rain Man when he lays his head against Charlie as his own version of affection or a hug. That kills me,that litlte moment.

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

City of Angels!!! Love it!

And Kelley, I could watch a Rainman marathon forever!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine