THE MOVIE THREAD ( Fav quotes, Reviews, discussions, etc...)

Online Users: 1,249 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 265

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Re: THE MOVIE THREAD ( Fav quotes, Reviews, discussions, etc...)
Posted: May 21, 2009 11:31 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

I saw Angels & Demons too. It is one of my favorite books so I was a bit disappointed that they changed the ending. Although thats usually my reaction to all book-based movies for books I really like.

I wouldn't be too worried about not liking the movie because it is religion centered. I was raised Catholic but as an adult I have decided I do not believe anything I was taught growing up, and I still LOVED the book and enjoyed the movie. I think it made a great action movie.

I also saw Taken a few days ago. The movie about a man whose daughter is kidnapped while in Paris. He's an ex-spy and he tries to get her back. I thought it was a GREAT movie. It was only about 1 1/2 hours, any longer would have been too repetitive IMO.

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: May 22, 2009 12:53 AM Go to message in response to: KCI

Oh wow! KCB! Wasn't "Taken" GREAT!!! I told my daughter she was required ot see it before she goes over seas!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Luva, did you see The Soloist? Good???

About a week ago, Dh and I rented The Wrestler. I didnt know what to expect really, since Im not at all into wrestling, but I fell in love with it. So heartbreaking, beautiful, sad, real. I loved how everything felt old and outdated -- from the Jersey settings to the over the hill stripper , his truck, trailor, taste in clothes, toys, music, all of it. I lovvveed the ending, and all that led up to it, and the way it was edited. What a great movie.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

This past weekend I saw "Ghost of Girlfriends Past" and although I like the movie in general one thing is really pissing me off about it.

The father who is going to marry the bride and groom is supposed to be a Marine Command Sergeant Major and he keeps saying HOOAH and the Bride and her maids are doing shots at the bar and they keep saying HOOAH.

HOOAH is and ARMY TERM. OOHRAH is a MARINE term. If you are going to write a script for a movie at least get the fucking facts straight!

Hooah...its an army thing :) oh and it isnt said like "who ah" its more like a sound than an actual word LOL

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

DPN - I hate that too! wtf? I haven't seen the movie but now I know that's gunna get to me.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hey Kel- we didn't end up seeing The Soloist, it had already started- but we have seen the new Startrek (great!), and UP (in 3D-expensive but fun). I shed a tear- it is really good. Nice combo of humor and adventure. I suspect that another movie might be in our future this weekend. Hubby's turn to choose.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

SIL and I rented Sex Drive and Yes Man this weekend. Sex Drive was a cute teenage movie. We watched the unrated version and there was a LOT of boobs & cock in it. A LOT! Yes Man I really enjoyed. Made me realize how old Jim Carrey is really getting. Sad.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: luvathena

THE HANGOVER is absolutely hysterical. I give it an A for laughs. Its just funny from beginning to end, and one of my favorite underrated comics, Zack Galafanakis, steals every scene, and I think this movie will finally catapult him into stardom. Hes been brilliant for such a long time with standup, but hardly anyone knows of him. Now they will. This is one of those great comedies with so many oneliners and quotable stuff everywhere. Its bsically about 4 friends who have a Bachelor party the night before the wedding, and go to Vegas,and wake up the next morning not remembering a THING that happened due to the worst hangover EVER. the events that unfold are absolutely insane and RANDOM and hysterically funny, one weird thing after another as they discover what actually happened, we do too. Its very creative and just very very funny.

Pinky I havnet seen those movies ... Luva, let me know if you do see Soloist... and regarding that Mathew McCaughney movie, I went off on my hatred of him earlier lol, so I cant stomache anything he is in since he cant act and is always shirtless no matter what the situation. "Mathew Mccaughney is a shirtless lawyer in ....SHIRTLESS LAWYER!" Ugh. Hate that man. Sucks.

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ok, so I saw THe Hangover again with hubby this weekend, because it was that funny. Laughed just as hard the second time around.

Has anyone seen Pelham 123? I really want to see that movie, it looks great. And Travoltas performance looks awesome, I love him. I feel really bad that hes not doing any sort of promotional touring for this movie due to the death of his son, thats gotta suck on every level for him, having to worry about dumbass reporters asking him all kinds of stupidass questions when he just lost his son. I dont blame him at all for not going on talk shows etc after that happening. Ugh.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I saw the Hangover also this weekend. I laughed my ass off. That was hilarious. Especially all the pics at the end. So Kel the comedian you are talking about is the wierd brother, right? He was SO funny-so believable wierd and random. Highlight- the little naked guy who jumped out of the trunk. OMG. I was in tears from that.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Yes,Zack Galafanakis played Alan; the weird brother,and in my opinion; stole the movie. He is a comic genius and hasnt been really known until now. Im so happy for him. Performd with him in a bunch of clubs years ago, then about 5years ago he started getting a bit more known underground, and opened for Louis Black on tour,and I went and saw him. Seriously, look up his stuff on youtube, hes absolutely hilarious. HIs comedy is extremely random and creative. That movie has soooo many great lines!!! And yes, loved the ending of them looking thru the pictures. So funny. Luva,take a look at my nyc dinner thread , I made the next dinnerdate around your nyc visit.:)

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ok. I'll look. Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!

Hey- Hangover question-where did the chicken come from?

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

I have no idea whatsoever where the chicken came from lol. Honestly, I think that some of those things/items that were in the hotel room were just meant to be unexplained and random. As far as I know,they never did explain that one, maybe on the dved we will find out lol.

Still wanna see Pelham 123 even though I think itll freak me out bigtime. I hate violence but it looks really good.

hey Pharmtox,if you ever come in here and read this, I have a question for you. You said on FB that you saw Rachel Getting Married and that it was very hard to watch. Now, I dont care about spoilers, go ahead and spoil it for me, because I just need to know WHY it was hard to watch. Did you mean emotionally? Or something else. Because I do want to see that,but there are certain types of scenes in movies that I generally like to stay away from only because they hit too close to home and I dont ENJOY waching them, such as anything involving women or children being victimized,raped,etc etc. So does it have anything to do with that,or just emotionally draining? Id like to see the movie,but it depends what youre talking about.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 8:13 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kel - Rachel Getting Married - I was just discussing this with my friend last night and she agreed with me. It was emotionally draining - and you want to like Anne Hathaway's character, but you can't. (She was FABULOUS.) You occasionally feel sympathy for her and other times you want to slap her silly BUT she's hard to like. Subject matter also hit a little close to home for me - but no violence or rape.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

THanks Pharm,that helps. I will see it soon. Just wanted to make sure you werent talking about the types of scenes I dont like watching ever.
Still noone has seen Pelham 123? Really wanna see it, just havent yet. I also want to see the movie with Mya Rudolph and Jim from THE OFFICe,forget his name, Away We Go. That looks cute. I will have to get on my movie watching again, falling behind.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine