Help! He is going to propose soon and I can't relax!

Online Users: 1,367 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

DcGirl Posts : 5 Registered: 10/28/08
Help! He is going to propose soon and I can't relax!
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 9:56 AM

How horrible is my older sister – she told me the day my boyfriend is going to propose and it’s only 2.5 weeks from now!!! She was just so excited that she dropped the ball and she feels horrible about it Frown. So now I am 2.5 weeks away, I can’t think about anything else and I am getting nervous. He is the love of my life so I’m not worried if he is the one, I am just nervous about the actual proposal! Where will he do it, who will be there, what will I be wearing, etc… These are all such silly things but I can’t turn my mind off. Has anyone out there known the day of their engagement? Did my sister totally spoil the day for me? Will I be too nervous to enjoy it? Help!

Thank you all so much!!

FinallyAMrsToBe Posts : 98 Registered: 1/14/08
Re: Help! He is going to propose soon and I can't relax!
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 10:12 AM Go to message in response to: DcGirl

No, she didn't ruin the day, although it is terrible that she spilled the beans!  Don't tell your FH though that she told you, cause he could be upset that it wasn't a total surprise. Let him think that it was forever!!!

It'll still be a surprise cause, as you said, you don't know where, how, who will be there, etc.  Contrats (early) and let us know after it happens and fill us in with the details!

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 11:53 PM Go to message in response to: DcGirl

I know it's hard but try not to think about it much.  You'll make yourself sonervous it'll make you sick  (I should know, I am always like that)  Just be happy that he wants to spend the rest of his life with you.  Congrats early!  And post a picture of the ring!  ;) 

wedding count down

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 12:05 AM Go to message in response to: DcGirl

I think you should be honest with him and let him know she told you the exact day so he can pick a different one. That way you don't know what day it will be and neither will anyone else!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 5:47 AM Go to message in response to: DcGirl

Hmmm. Perhaps your sister is lying to throw you off? Maybe that's not the date at all that he's thinking about proposing...

I know it may be hard, but don't expect it. He should just ask naturally without your anticipation. I'd forget about what she said and just do what you naturally do, dress how you normally dress, etc...

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o465/RanAway2Maine/?action=view&current=Picture286.ojpg

Posted: Oct 29, 2008 8:06 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Thanks everyone! I don’t think I’m going to tell him I know – I’m sure he has done lot of planning and I don’t want to spoil all his hard work. I do think it’s a possibly that my sister is trying to trick me but she started feeling really horrible/guilty after she told me (I think the look on my face said it all) and started crying. So…it’s most likely true. But I agree with you all, I don’t know the details so that will still be a surprise and it might not even happen that day so I won’t expect anything. I am going to do my best to not think about it today!! Haha…lets see how far that gets me.

I promise to post pictures of the ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KCMetro Posts : 15 Registered: 11/2/08
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:41 PM Go to message in response to: DcGirl

DC Girl-

If you figure out a way to not think about it let me know....My bf surprised the heck out of me last tuesday and asked me if I would run by the store with him and he took me to the jewelry store. I asked him if we were in there for what I thought we were in there for and he tried to play it off but then finally confessed he was there so I could pick out the ring I wanted to wear for the rest of my life or at least until he could afford to upgrade. I just about swallowed my tongue bc I never expected that. He was only able to get the setting right now and plans on getting the diamond for it soon but I'm really excited and just want to make it official. I noticed he started spending a lot more time at my house and has been at my place every day since we picked out the ring. I'm really excited and anxious bc I just want to make it official. He mentioned paying off the setting before buying the diamond and proposing and that could be a few months. He also said he wanted to propose officially in a special way and I'm anxious for that. 

Here's a link to the ring i'll be getting (someday) :o) Not sure if the diamond shows up on top bc I'm not very good at obtaining links for this stuff.

http://www.shaneco.com/Affliate/AffliatePgm.asp?Affiliate=WishList&AffiliateTypeID=2&wlID=180756&TgtURL=/weddings/wish_list_view.asp&cm_mmc=eaf-_-wl-_-1

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: KCMetro

That's a really unique setting. I love it! Congrats!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Wow, what a surprise! A similar thing happened to me – My BF asked me to go looking for the “perfect ring!” When I found it he wanted me to show it to him. We setup an appointment at Mervis, he LOVED the ring, we had a great meeting with the jeweler and that was that. He said “if that’s the ring you want, that’s the one you’ll get!” Then the waiting started…It was SO HARD not thinking about the ring and now I’m only 10 days away from getting it!! YEAHH! Haha.

The thing that helped me the most is not thinking about it. I forced myself not to thinking about, look at pictures, talk about it, etc…and it really helped. The more you agonize over it the harder it is to wait.

Did you tell him what size rock you wanted?

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: DcGirl

Trust me, she did NOT ruin your day! When he proposes, you will not be thinking that she ruined the moment. You are going to be happy & excited & too thrilled to be upset. Don't stress yourself out & DON'T let him know that you know! He has probably been planning it for a while so don't ruin it by letting him know that you know. Do not go making yourself anxious......just relax & be happy! Enjoy it!!! It will be here before you know it! So just smile & enjoy each other's company for the next 2 1/2 weeks!!!

With that note, congrats & welcome to the boards!!! We can't wait to hear how he did it & what your ring looks like, & the rest of your engagement plans! Take as many pics while you are engaged (if someone can take pics of the proposal that night, that would be a nice memory for you, & something nice for us to look at) & don't forget to share it with us cause we love it all!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Just married!

September 27, 2008

Madianite Posts : 2 Registered: 11/18/08
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: Madianite

WOW....I thought I was the only one. My Wonderful BF walked in one night after having a fun filled night with his father and best friend, grabbed me by the faced and confessed to me how ready he is to spend the rest of his life with me (for a split second I wonder if they had sprinkle something on his food or if he was drunk). I was not shocked but it was also very nice to hear how convicted he was. He saw the "you may be drunk" look in my eyes and reiterated, "I feel this way now, I will feel this way tomorrow and for the rest of my life, and No, I am not drunk" LOL.....Needless to say I know a ring is comings soon. I have not rested since then, sending him pictures and page long documents on what my preference for a ring is. My recent document to him was titled "Some guidance for my beloved" and his response to me was "I've uploaded the information in my GPS and navigation is in process.

He has asked me to let him do this alone, he wants so much proves to me how much he loves me and knows me that picking out the perfect ring for me would make him sooo proud. Recently we were looking at a catalog and I put him through the test by asking him to point out what he thought I may like...I was shocked to see his pick. Needless to say, I'm worried. Worried that I will not like his pick, and he will be disappointed or feel like a failure.

Should I be?

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:48 PM Go to message in response to: Madianite

Worried it's the best word but I would be concerned...Its okay to tell him what you want. Explain to him that you will be wearing this for the rest of your life and you want to LOVE it! Give him basic guidelines - shape (round, square, pear), size (of course we all want big - but be realistic) and also design. If you want a classic ring tell him that. If you want side diamonds tell him that.

And by the way - HE ASKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got engaged last Saturday, just when my sister said and it was amazing! He did it while we were hiking and it was just a dream. The ring is amazing! Just what I wanted, a big round diamond in a paved diamond setting, I'll post pictures soon. Thank you to everyone who gave their advice on how to chill out - it REALLY helped.

Hang in there girl! Don't let the wait get the best of you and TELL HIM WHAT YOU WANT! The last thing you want is to hate your ring!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: DcGirl

And by the way - HE ASKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got engaged last Saturday, just when my sister said and it was amazing! He did it while we were hiking and it was just a dream. The ring is amazing! Just what I wanted, a big round diamond in a paved diamond setting, I'll post pictures soon. Thank you to everyone who gave their advice on how to chill out - it REALLY helped.

Can't wait to see pics! How did he do it?

Mrs. Pinky

glitter-graphics.com

Our Wedding Website 

SanaChan Posts : 47 Registered: 1/2/08
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: DcGirl

Congradulations! That's awesome! I wish you all the best of luck, and definatly keep us updated!
"Those who want to relive their youth, are probably too old to remember it."

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: SanaChan

I have photos but I am having a hard time posting them. Any tips?

Edited by: DcGirl on Nov 19, 2008 3:36 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine