NWR - Where is everyone located?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 222

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Re: NWR - Where is everyone located?
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: tessandnate09

Tessandnate--

I was born and raised in Portland, went to Grant High, then to Oregon State and now live in the Tri-Cities in eastern Washington.  There are a couple other brides on here from the Portland area--BriansBride2008 and Danille.  And SuezyQ is in Eugene.

We've been married a year!!!!

CyndixRichie Posts : 70 Registered: 10/22/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

YAY there's other NYer's here and NO we're not near NYC or does our "state" or city look like it! HAHAHA but don't get me wrong I do love the city!

GENEVA NY here 14456 just south of rochester! 

Heart of the Finger Lakes, center of Wine country and loving it!! Some people are getting married right down the road from me! The newest wedding destination area I swear Wink

"Reach out and open the door that no one thought could be opened. Life is behind it! We don't have an eternity to realize our dreams only the time we are here. If you risk nothing then you risk everything"

tessandnate09 Posts : 136 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

My cousin went to grant. I grew up in Salem but went to eugene for college and i'm at Portland State now, living in SE

The day he becomes my husband and I become his wife...September 5th 2009

brideincanada Posts : 133 Registered: 1/30/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: CyndixRichie

Hmmm... from what I can recall that makes only 6 Canadians (myself, BirdLover, AutumnPrincess, MandyandVance) or former Canadians (TanisJ and Nalamiena) on these boards.  Where the heck do all the Canadian brides hang out?! 

Also, very interesting that the the two former Canadians are both originally from Vancouver.  Couldn't take anymore rain, eh ladies?  I don't think I could stand that much rain either, too depressing!

All this talk of gas prices so I figured I'd chime in, it's sitting at $0.997 per litre here in Calgary today (which would work out to approx. $3.75/gal).  First time we've been under a buck for a while, which is rediculous since we produce so much of the stuff here in Alberta!

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 7:26 PM Go to message in response to: brideincanada

I am still a Canadian! I am a permant resident of USA but Citizen of Canada. It wasn't the rain it was the freaking house prices! $200,000 for a 450 sq foot bachelor suite in the "poor" part of town. It was a big part of the decision of who was moving where. I confess that I never had a car until i moved here so still not used to tracking the price of gas! And I drive a mini so I don't have to fill it up very often.

I think the Canadian brides hang out at brides.eh.com

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: CyndixRichie

Yes, I so wanted to get married at Belhurst Castle but alas money ran out Cry  I still have to take DH there sometime though!  

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Another Cali girl here!! Smile I have lived all over! Born in Pasadena, then moved to Agoura Hills. From there I moved to Oxnard Shores(next to Ventura, close to Santa Barbara), then to San Luis Obispo for school. After San Luis, I moved to Orange County. While there I lived in Irvine, Costa Mesa, Aliso Viejo, and Laguna Hills. And now I live in $hitty Los Angeles! I will be leaving this place asap and moving back to Orange County or Ventura, where ever FH gets a job. We moved here so her could get his masters degree and both are miserable. 

** Dang saying all the places that I have lived made me realize that I REALLY need to stop moving so damn much!

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

I'm now in Orlando, FL but my heart is still in Tampa.  I've lived all over, but was originally born at TGH so that makes me an original Floridian.  However, I have a wicked bad Canadian/Wisconsin accent because I was raised with my mom's family who's all from there.  I'm an honorary Canadian.  lol

Under the 6 month mark...Finally!  Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 8:32 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I haven't left the house today because I'm sick, but yesterday our gas (NE Ohio) wss $2.62!!!! It just keeps dropping! I'm stoked!

Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the Present.

lin and nate

FutureMrsGlover Posts : 26 Registered: 10/31/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 8:46 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

Birdlover - I was born and raised in Niagara Falls (On) but lived in St. Kitts for a few years before I moved to Florida. I now live 45 mins. north of Tampa.

TanisJ - You can add one more Canadian to your list Smile

Jade1107 Posts : 205 Registered: 9/1/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

Hello ladies - I am one of the hidden Canadian gals on here. Originally from southwest of Toronto but currently living near Rochester, NY - I know exactly where Belhurst Castle is - quite a beautiful view of the lake :) 

I've also lived just north of Dallas for a few months too. I love Dallas - wish I could move back there!

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: Jade1107

Wow its like somebody dropped a hockey puck and started giving out free beer in here!

CyndixRichie Posts : 70 Registered: 10/22/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 9:10 PM Go to message in response to: Jade1107

We thought about Belhurst but even with conections to the owner we couldn't afford it. I bought a night there for my fiance for his birthday it was cool but not necessarily worth the money. plus power was out and we never actually got to enjoy the hot tub till the next morning... We like going for drinks or dinner sometimes at the cafe though. HEY so I'm taking classes sometimes in rochester if anyone wants to meet sometime. 

"Reach out and open the door that no one thought could be opened. Life is behind it! We don't have an eternity to realize our dreams only the time we are here. If you risk nothing then you risk everything"

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: CyndixRichie

I think I'm one of three Virginia gals on here so far?  I'm in Williamsburg (23185 and gas is $2.46) but I was born and raised in a little town called Radford, it's about 30 mins. southwest of Roanoke and we rub elbows with Va. Tech.  Hey ya'll!!!

MisterKelley Posts : 258 Registered: 7/11/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

For all of you who grew up in SoCal - how many of you remember this :

" Here's Cal Worthington and his dog spot"  and Spot was always every kind of animal except a dog. Or:

Pete Ellis Dodge, Long Beach Freeway, Firestone exit -  SouthGate!!! 

Does anyone remember a Newswoman named Kelley Lang (I think she worked for Ch 4 NBC late 70's early 80's) who ran naked across the News studio one night?  lol  Damn I miss L.A.

Maybe one or two of you old timers (like me ) would remember the Kid's show Wonderama?

when I was in High School (La Habra High)  Me and my friends used to cruise Whittier Blvd in my best friends old Chevy Van. It was a total POS and it had a bumper sticker on it that read : Don't laugh, your daughter may be inside" 

MisterKelley - Now specializing in Trainwrecks and Jackassery

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine