How do I let him know? *UPDATED!*

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
How do I let him know? *UPDATED!*
Posted: Sep 26, 2008 10:47 PM

Thanks to all of you who helped me out with my BF in this thread and in "Getting Impatient". This weekend we finally had some down time and we had a good, long talk. Found out BF still wants to marry me but when I raised questions within myself about us getting married so young, he began to raise questions within himself as well. So while we still fully intend on getting married, BF has realized he wasn't ready as he thought he was. Which is OK with me. I'd rather and have it be for sure then to just jump in now and second guess the whole thing. In the mean time, he still wants to hear about the cute wedding ideas I find/come up with and wants to entertain the whole wedding idea. As its important to him as well. So thanks again to everyone who helped me out. I'm going to stay on this site and just kind of see what everyone else is doing. I'll let you all know when he eventually pops the question!

Message was edited by: KJsGirl

Jade1107 Posts : 205 Registered: 9/1/07
Re: How do I let him know I'm ready
Posted: Sep 26, 2008 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Honestly - sit down and tell him. Have a conversation about this. Explain how you feel and then leave the ball in his court. Unless you're willing to do the proposing, you need to relax just a wee bit. He may still be planning a surprise or he may not be. Regardless - communication is key :)

justkel Posts : 156 Registered: 8/7/08
Re: How do I let him know? *UPDATED!*
Posted: Sep 28, 2008 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

KJ'sGirl,

I'm glad that you and BF talked things out.  That really is the best way to solve any misunderstandings and complications.  :)  It gets easier to do so the more you do it.  Just another word of advice, just have fun with each other in the phase that you are in!!  You're still young (and so am I) so just enjoy it!!  I waited for a while for FH to propose, but I was just enjoying the dating stage we were in, just like I'm enjoying this engagement stage as well.  Yes, I can't wait until we're married, but I love how things are going now.  :) 

Hope that makes sense...  lol.  And I'm glad that you opened up to each other.  Let us know when he pops the question!  :)

-Kel

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Re: How do I let him know? *UPDATED!*
Posted: Sep 28, 2008 11:00 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

thanks kel, will do!

-mari

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine