Mobster/Mafia themed wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

MsMafia Posts : 11 Registered: 9/24/08
Mobster/Mafia themed wedding
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 9:44 AM

Hello everyone! I am looking for any ideas you can give me on the 1920's mobster/mafia themed wedding.  We are both laid back and want to have a good time, as this is our second wedding (not to each other!). Our colors are black, white and deep red.  I have my FH and his party wearing zoot tux's.  I am new to the site and don't know anyone yet, so making new friends would be nice as well!

teacherspet Posts : 74 Registered: 10/5/08
Re: Mobster/Mafia themed wedding
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: MsMafia

You definately want fidoras. And Feather Plumes and boas. Pin stripe table clothes would be cool. A single red rose across the plate, dramatic ala sopranos. Bottles with X's across the lables. I had a mafia halloween party a few years back. Throw ideas at me. I will throw them back.

Just be careful, unless the look you are going for is campy mafia, you could get to high school prom with this. Good luck.

"You know you're in love when you can't go to sleep because reality is better than your dreams." ~The late Dr. Seuss

I HAVE FOUND THE MAN OF MY REALITY!! XOXO - ME

MsMafia Posts : 11 Registered: 9/24/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: teacherspet

He really liked the complete zoot look, including the Fedoras.  I was thinking maybe silver candelabra's on the tables with taper candles. Maybe some tulle, loosely placed around the center with some votives.  I was trying to think of decor and centerpiece ideas too.  I know I still have some time, but want everything to be perfect without turning into a Bridezilla!  I'm sure as far as background music, I may have some Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc playing in the background during dinner.  What do you think?

teacherspet Posts : 74 Registered: 10/5/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: MsMafia

That would be nice. I fell in love with the pinstripe table cloth idea :)

Google Speakeasy centerpieces, speakeasy decorations and zoot suit party...there are a TON of amazing, not cheesy ideas.

It sounds cute.

"You know you're in love when you can't go to sleep because reality is better than your dreams." ~The late Dr. Seuss

I HAVE FOUND THE MAN OF MY REALITY!! XOXO - ME

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine