Patiently awaiting 2010...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 95

Candy333 Posts : 31 Registered: 11/9/08
Re: Patiently awaiting 2010...
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Wow you ladies are moving fast I only have a dress in mind from a picture on the computer. In two weeks I'm going to Tobago to choose a venue and ceremony location. We've also chosen and photographer and videographer. I'll feel more comfortable when we have the locations set then I feel like I can worry less about things on the date being taken.

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://www.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/qs31c99.png[/img]
[/url]

Ecstaticfor11 Posts : 50 Registered: 8/3/06
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: Candy333

Hey ladies!!! I am yet another addition to the 2010 brides.

We are planning for May 22,2010. I originally wanted May 29 but since it is a holiday weekend I am worried that people will rush off to other obligations.

Anyway, I have not done much planning. I have an idea for the ceremony site though and I will be working on that soon to reserve it. I have been surfing the net like crazy looking for photographers, caterers and the like.

Happy planning to you all!

WaitingToBHis Posts : 28 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: Ecstaticfor11

I am also a 2010 bride! May 15 actually although I can't say that I am "patiently awaiting" lol

I just got engaged on Saturday so the only thing I have gotten done is a date picked out and I am calling on a venue tomorrow. We are thinking of doing a beach theme since the honeymoon will be FL but I have no idea on colors. Any suggestions?

TILYTAF813 Posts : 3 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I am a 2010 bride also. Our wedding day is Aug 13th 2010, I can't wait!! I have my dress already and the dj.....thats it ...We just put a deposit on a house. I can't wait to marry my best friend! We are in Florida , is anyone else from here ?
                            Thomas & Jessica

Shimmybliss Posts : 1 Registered: 1/29/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

Hi ladies! We have set our date for July 11, 2010. We have booked our venue and the entertainment (we're having a band/DJ - had to have live Salsa music). I have one dress out of two as I'm planning to have two dresses since our reception is going to be on a yacht cruising the Hudson River around NYC and want to dance all night without tripping all over the place. We didn't settle on any colors yet so that's still up in the air. Still have to book the Church, photography, and video. If any of you have any recommendations for these photo/video services in the NJ/NYC area, please let me know! Well, Congratulations and good luck to you lovely ladies!

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: Shimmybliss

Wow! It's great to hear all of the details ladies! A lot of you are on top of things! So far, FH and I have booked our photographer, videographer, the ceremony site and that's basically it. We are still looking for a reception site. We thought we were doing an outdoor reception but we changed our mind. Well, more like I changed MY mind. lol As far as the color scheme goes, I still have no idea. I'm thinking either ivory and coral. Or tiffany blue with silver accents and pink flowers. What do you ladies think? Any suggestions or opnions?
I haven't shopped or tried on any dresses yet. I am almost sure that I will probably end up picking out a Maggie Sottero gown. Many of her designs are exactly what I'm looking for, but I want to try them on first because I know that when the dress is tried on...it might not look like what I expect.
a wedding website

~Future Mrs. D~ 

futuremrsks Posts : 57 Registered: 1/6/09
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

I tried on some Maggie Sottero dresses this weekend. The dress I fell in love with of hers, did not look good on me. But some of them I really liked. I think you need to find the style the works out best for you and your figure.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 8:14 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

All you ladies shopping for dresses makes me wanna shop soon too, but I don't know if I should wait. The only dress I have fallen in love over is a dress at David's Bridal. I have only seen it online. I am afraid that if I try it on I will fall in love with it and then what would happen if I find another dress later on that I love? It's a hard choice!

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

futuremrsks Posts : 57 Registered: 1/6/09
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 9:24 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I have heard a lot of negative feedback about David Bridals dresses. I kinda makes me iffy to shop there. I know one of the bridal store near me is having a half off of stock sales next week. I don't know if I should just go buy the dress I like there and save a ton of money or if I should shop around for awhile longer. I have a ton of store options but they are all least 2 hr drive away.

Tomorrow we are going to look at our reception site since they are going to have it set up for a wedding. Hopefully we will be able to book it and get that out of the way.

I am such an impatient person. I wish I could just have everything done now and not have to worry about it for the next year.

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

I definitely agree Sky. I've heard so many horror stories abut David's Bridal. My friend had the hardest time when she was ordering her bridesmaids dresses. But then I hear good stories about David's Bridal sometimes so I don't know what to think. Anyway, I haven't really seen any dresses that I really like at David's Bridal. I'm pretty sure I will go shop around somewhere else.
a wedding website

~Future Mrs. D~ 

facen Posts : 120 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

Hello Brides! Happy planning. Yes, yes , yes I too am patiently waiting 2010, June 19, 2010 to be exact, my husbands 31st birthday. And yes I said husband because we recently got married in Nov. of 08' at our local hall, and we plan to save for our wedding celebration. Anywho... I found our reception & ceremony site all in the same building (beautiful), our colors are baby blue, black & silver, I have our center pieces as follows: white tablecloth w/black on top, baby blue napkins with setting plus 1 napkin in the center of the table spreaded w/square mirror on top, floating candle bowl filled w/little water w/1 blue siamese fighting fish in each bowl inside the bowl w/the fish will be three tea cup lit candles and blue rose petals scattered about the table and of course with the favors the fish will be one of them, guests will have 1 reusable camera at each table with "two hearts one love" candy boxes(personalized) silver wedding bells on a poem to ring when bride & groom kiss, and personalized bubbly champainge bottles, in between the tables will be balloones in bunches of 5 taller than the average person weighed down by silver plated hearts, I am so excited about planning and sharing my ideas with everyone and getting feed back, espacially from my husband, we feel so blessed to be able to do this for ourselves. Im glad I found something other than flowers as a center piece that is so traditional I wanted to be different, what do you all thing? And to all of you who dont like David's Bridal Im sorry you feel that way because I got my dress from there the first time I ever walked into the store, granted I didn't like bridesmaid dresses (ugh) but my dress is beautiful, especially on me! I got my dress, the silicone bra, the 2 tier slip, and my gown preserve kit all for under $700.00 that was a deal to me, to check out the dress at david's the number is v9263white.

SoonToBeMrsRagbir Posts : 1 Registered: 2/17/09
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I'm getting married on July 31 2010!!. So far i have put a deposit on the reception hall and have made an appointment with my priest if any of you are catholic you know how long the process can be to get married in the church!. I wont be doing anything else til about august because not only am i planning my own wedding but also helping my little sister with her wedding plans. She gets married Aug 2009. I almost wish it was Aug because i cant wait to be running around prepping and planning for the big day!lol!...

Hoffraysgirl Posts : 6 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

We just booked are venue yesterday!! So it's now official! Sept 10,2010!!I am so relieved to have the date set.
Now we have to go look @ DJ's & photographers. Does anyone have any advice for picking out a DJ or Photographer?

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 7:40 AM Go to message in response to: Hoffraysgirl

HoffraysGirl congrats on having your venue picked and set in stone. Doesn't it feel great!? That takes a lot of stress of your chest knowing that no one else can take your date lol.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

princessbride2010 Posts : 58 Registered: 10/20/08
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

We're also planning a June 19th, 2010 wedding, and I'm among the group that has a lot of things set in stone already. When I was looking around, I started to find that there were soooooo many places that were booking up already for the summer months, so I really had no choice but to get on the ball if I wanted a certain date.

We've already chosen our reception venue, photographer, color scheme, and DJ. We're waiting until closer to our wedding day to choose a ceremony venue because I am looking at garden venues which is hard to do in western PA in the winter. I've also started looking at flowers and cakes, but nothing is set in those areas yet. If anyone has any good suggestions for videographers, bakers, or florist they would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to everyone!

www.sites.google.com/jandj2010

http://princessbride2010.brides.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine