Patiently awaiting 2010...

Online Users: 1,325 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 95

tnichelle1485 Posts : 119 Registered: 2/28/08
Patiently awaiting 2010...
Posted: Sep 14, 2008 3:46 PM

Are there any other brides getting married in 2010??  I feel like I am the only one out here!  Share your thoughts, plans etc! What are you doing to pass the time? Have you planned anything yet? Have you booked anything? Any thoughts about...anything...lol. Let's get a dialogue going!

Tosha

~We're getting married on "Loving Day!"...June 12, 2010...I Marry My One & Only

Re: Patiently awaiting 2010...
Posted: Oct 4, 2008 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

No...? No one...?

Ok! Good to know...lol...well, I'll be here...

...waiting...

Tosha 

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Oct 4, 2008 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I have two friends that are getting married in 2010. Neither of them are on here... yet. One in January, the other in October. I am sure there are other girls on here as well. They just aren't looking in the section where your thread is maybe.

Jessika2010 Posts : 22 Registered: 5/11/08
Posted: Oct 4, 2008 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I am waiting on 2010!  April 10, 2010 actually!  I'm only on here every couple of days during the week, so I might've missed your thread until today!  As far as passing the time, I'm in nursing school, so that's definitely occupying my time (and my brain) for right now.  I'm sure there are other 2010 gals on here too, they just probably havent seen the thread, like the PP said.

I'm so glad that there's at least someone out there waiting like I am!

NintyFresh Posts : 4 Registered: 6/11/08
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 9:37 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I am hoping to get married in 2010 after I get my bachelors degree.  It all depends on the circumstances of where my younger sister will be going to college, and if she gets a scholarship or not so my parents can chip in for the wedding.  We have my family flying in from Italy, and his family coming from Ohio, and we're hoping to have the wedding now in the Philadelphia metro area since my dad and his brother have connections (they're both chefs), so cake and food can be cheaper.  

My fiance and I haven't set our date yet obviously, but we're hoping for it to be in the summer to avoid conflict with our siblings and cousins that will be in college then...and to avoid conflicting with Ohio State games in the fall.  

In the end, the final decision on whether a 2010 wedding will be feasible in my situation will be in a few months when my sister starts receiving college acceptance letters.  crosses fingers

Message was edited by: NintyFresh

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 12:30 AM Go to message in response to: NintyFresh

2010 or 2011. I've already started making mental decisions but havent booked anything yet. Haven't decided on a set date. Havent decided on a set place either. THOUGHT i had it figured out, til I went and put new ideas in my head...now im back to square one. lol

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

crisandcurtis Posts : 31 Registered: 9/13/08
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 1:14 AM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I am getting married in 2010.I have started looking through the galleries to at least get an idea on the things I want. I have also started to create a guest list to find out how big of a wedding it will be. I can't really start booking anything yet becuase I am in the process of moving( out of state) and that is happening later this month. But im trying to get the things that don't require a definant budget done first. We haven't set a budget yet. with the new move it makes it difficult. But you can do things like find your colors, theme, possible flowers and arrangements as a sort of foundation. Just think of it as a shopping spree. I found a few dresses that I like on here and I realized with some that they were totally out of any budget I  might have and the one I love is definately in!  

firefightersbri... Posts : 49 Registered: 7/7/08
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

We're getting married on July 3, 2010. Yeah, we've started buying stuff already. The church is booked ad we're working on booking the reception site. We started early because right now we're planning on having a really big, firefighter wedding on the Fourth of July weekend and I wanted to make sure the big things were booked early. It does seem like it's soooo far away.

BrownWire Posts : 1 Registered: 7/30/08
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

Hey there! yes, I too am getting married in 2010, January. I never really thought about celebrating the pre-anniversary of a wedding... have you?

Burnsgirl Posts : 6 Registered: 9/15/08
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

Yes I am getting married on 10/10/10...I have my heart set on a place and we should be booking that soon. They are allowing us to lock this year's rates in so if anyone is booking their reception location now, I would push for that as well. I feel as long as I have my location (ceremony and reception at the same place) that everything else will fall into place...

rossanne777 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 9:22 AM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I am getting married on July 10 2010. I have the venue booked, the flowers picked out and the florist working on designs for them, the cake designer and photographer. Why the rush? I called the photographer I wanted to do the ceremony and he was booked for that day, the venue we originally wanted was also booked so I figured if I want my wedding to happen the way I want then I needed to get on the ball. I am also a crazy control freak and perfectionist so don't let me make anyone feel bad about not getting as much done as soon as I did I am just weird that way, and we have been talking about the wedding we wanted if we ever desided to get married for 2 years now so most of the ideas for what we wanted were already there and ready to go when he popped the question. Now I just wait... and wait... and wait..... is it 2010 yet????????????

tnichelle1485 wrote:

Are there any other brides getting married in 2010??  I feel like I am the only one out here!  Share your thoughts, plans etc! What are you doing to pass the time? Have you planned anything yet? Have you booked anything? Any thoughts about...anything...lol. Let's get a dialogue going!

Tosha

BeautifullyBles... Posts : 9 Registered: 8/6/08
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I am getting married on April 24, 2010. I am booking my reception site the Saturday after Christmas and my church is booked for the ceremony with a deposit paid. We have picked our colors so far. We are taking engagement pictures in March of 09 and sending out Save-the-Dates on April 24, 2009. I know it seems like 2010 is far away but many planning tolls now start at 12-18 months for the checklist so if your between 12-18 months, it's no problem to get started. And as it turns out, the more I looked for a reception site and other vendors, the more they all told me that 12-18 months is normal. The only people who though that was far in advance were some hotels. Other than that, there were vendors who thanked me for strting in the 12-18 time frame and even gave me a discounted price. These include pricey reception sites. Also, if you reserve under 12 months, the deposit goes up on most things.

KRISTENGARY Posts : 1 Registered: 7/6/08
April 10, 2010...
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I'm getting married on april 10, 2010!! i am very excited and cannot wait till the day happens! i'm having to pay for my wedding all by myself and i decided to give myself extra time so i wont have to put the wedding on credit cards or take a loan out! I'm planning on doing daffodils for our wedding b/c they are my favorite flower and i like to be unique. My fiance's favorite color is yellow too...so i decided to use the colors pale yellow and an orange similar to how a daffodil looks. I'd love to hear of any ideas you might have!! i havent heard of many people doing yellow and orange so i hope it will look alright!

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

Ok!! I'm glad I'm not the only one:*) My fiance and I just got engaged this past Monday (11/24), but we'd been mentally planning things for a while. The only things that we have set in stone so far are the date (06.12.10) and our colors (Navy, fuschia, white & hints of tan). For the longest time, we couldn't decide on the colors...well, I couldn't, FH didn't really care...so I had to go out and buy some ribbon in our colors to make it official...haha:*)

We are planning to start looking at venues when it starts getting warm-around March/April, but we've been checking things out online and have a short list of the places we'd like to visit. I'm in school and working so I'm comletely overwhelmed right now...haha! Before the planning was just for fun...now I have to do it, you know? FH has been great...he says he wants to be really involved so we'll be looking at all the venues and making all the big decisions together. We're paying for the wedding ourselves so we've decided to try to save $600/month for the next 18 months, which would gives us $10800...so we're hoping that's enough...our original budget was $10k, but we figured saving a little extra wouldn't hurt:*)

I guess that's all for now!

~We're getting married on "Loving Day!"...June 12, 2010...He asked if I'd be with him forever and of course my answer was yes

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 9:09 AM Go to message in response to: Burnsgirl

10/10/10 is my date too!! :-D

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine