Patiently awaiting 2010...

Online Users: 1,294 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 95

Spratkins Posts : 4 Registered: 11/30/08
Re: Patiently awaiting 2010...
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 10:26 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

We are planning for a New Year's Eve wedding on Dec. 31 of 2010~cannot wait!

LisaSummerBride2B Posts : 126 Registered: 8/10/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I'm a 2010 bride as well! We haven't put down a deposit on our venue but we will here June of 2009, we are planning a destination wedding in Hawaii!! :D The date is June 19th, 2010 but we might move it to a weekday since our families will already have taken time off work to be there..

Congrats to everyone!!

-Lisa-
Deployment survivor!

wedding count down

Odom2be Posts : 4 Registered: 12/13/08
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: LisaSummerBride2B

June 2010 here! I am so excited, and can't wait I hope it flies by.

I pass the time by going to school. yay?lol

The only planning I have done so far, is ripping things I like out of magazines, and putting them in a folder. I do this so when it gets closer, I can look through it and have all these options.

Well, I said June 2010, but it could change, FH is in the Marines, and could be deployed, so you never know, but we are hoping for June.

So good to hear from all the ladies planning 2010 weddings also!!

Mallory

facen Posts : 120 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 10:52 PM Go to message in response to: Odom2be

Hello to all my 2010 Brides, glad to see I'm not by myself! My husband and I will say I do... again in june 2010, we recently got married (eloped) for various reasons, of course It's every womans dream to have the wedding they've always wanted, so I must get on the ball! I'm so excited, and happy, I have new Ideas everyday, so let's go girls, we have nothing but time on our hands, I think that's why we planned the weddings so far away, so we can show our husbands how much we adore them!!Congrats to all...

shinzui Posts : 22 Registered: 12/14/08
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: Spratkins

I too am a 2010 bride! Getting married on my birthday, June 8! FH chose that day since we couldnt do it on the day we really wanted, Dec 8 '09. Why he picked my birthday, I have no idea lol doesnt matter much to me though :) maybe we'll get double presents? haha, just kidding.

Our wedding website

http://cs02.ewedding.com/v30/?a=KKBegeman/

oliviaandstephe... Posts : 7 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

My fiance and I are also getting married on June 12, 2010. We have picked a location & booked a band.
I've already had a wrench thrown into my planning by my future mother-in-law......
I had my heart set on a photographer ....they are absolutely amazing a friend used them last year and her pics were stunning .....BUT my future mother-in-law has a long lost cousin who is also a photographer...she has stated several times that it would be "unforgivable" if we don't use her cousin and even threatened to not attend our wedding. What do I do??? Her husband recently left her and she is emotionally "unstable" and I'm afraid this will push her over the "edge"...ANY ADVICE???

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: oliviaandstephe...

Olivia could you maybe possible use BOTH photographers? It would suck to have to use the one your mom wants and then the pictures will come out awful. Afterall, you only get one chance to take your wedding pictures. I know it may be more pricey to have both but I think it may be worth it in the end. You will have more beautiful pictures :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Olivia...I sort of agree with CheetahAngel about using both photographers. You can actually "hire" the one you want, and have your FMIL cousin do it too...assuming they even want to. After all maybe he/she just wants to go to a family wedding to enjoy it rather than having to worry about taking pictures. I have at least 4 or 5 people coming to my wedding (all family too) who really enjoy photography, and some have even gone to school for it, or worked in the business, but I did not want them to have to feel like they HAD to take ALL the photos that day. I wanted them to enjoy their time at the wedding too.

Burnsgirl ....welcome to the 10-10-10 crew! There are a ton of us on here! lol. Look under the Connecticut 2010 brides section...theres a bunch of us there too!

But, as far as the original post, YES..I am a 2010 bride...and like i mentioned 10-10-10.

We have a TON of planning done!! We have our venue, the pastor for the ceremony, the colors, the guys tuxes, my dress, my mom has her dress (and my step mom does too!), we have our bridal party, favors, hotel block, flowers, ideas for my hair and headpiece, know what Im doing for my something blue, have basically decided on doing a dj...now just need to find one, have narrowed our photographers down to 2, have invites we like, etc.

I know I still have like 19 months, but getting the venue and photographer were important for me because our date is so popular. So, we wanted to make sure we got something we liked! The rest of the stuff just sort of fell into place. Like my dress, I just happened to find it, and it happened to be discontinued so it was $600 off! and, we have been to enough weddings to know what we DONT like, so it was easy to figure out what we do like too :)

futuremrsks Posts : 57 Registered: 1/6/09
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

I am getting married to in 2010. Are wedding is set for 8/28/2010. So far we have booked the church and are meeting with the photographers tomorrow. Later today we are going to be calling our reception venue and catering. So hopefully we will be booking them soon too.

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

Yay! For 2010 Brides! :) FH and I will be getting married on 8/7/10! I can't wait! It seems like it is taking forever for time to go by. I guess that's what happens when you look forward to something so special. We already booked the church, videographer and photographer. We will soon book our reception venue and then our DJ. I haven't decided on a color scheme, I am having trouble making up my mind! lol I like tiffany blue or some kind of greenish-blueish color; but then I don't know what other color to combine that with. I also love the color coral! But again, I am not too sure what other color I would combine it with? Any suggesstions ladies? Any input would really help! :)
a wedding website

Future Mrs.D  

MrsDH Posts : 27 Registered: 9/15/07
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

Yahoo ! Its nice to have a 2010 thread going. We are getting married 11/12/2010
Friday to help with the Budget and we are so excited ! We have booked our church, and my Venue willl be booked this weekend. ( went to see if last weekend but did not want to seem to eager )
Also picked colors ( Red, Black, and White )
Can't wait to be a Mrs, its seems like its right around the corner to me !

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

welcome to the 10-10-10 crew! There are a ton of us on here! lol. Look under the Connecticut 2010 brides section...theres a bunch of us there too!

Where can I find the CT 2010 bride section? I must be slow because I looked everywhere and I can't find it lol.

And I think the color coral will look great with black! It also looks pretty cool with a dark purple. Is there theme you have for your wedding?

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Thanks Cheetah! :) I don't think we really have a theme for the wedding, but we are not making it super black-tie formal. The reception will be outdoors and we are going to use white paper lanterns for lighting at night. The groomsmen will be wearing khaki colored slacks and matching jackets with white collared shirts. They will not be wearing ties; only FH will be wearing a tie so that he can stand out. As far as my dress goes, I am going for something that is all lace, form fitting or A-line. I know for sure I am going to wear a mantilla style veil. Since FH and I are both Hispanic as well as our families, I guess we are kind of doing a summery/spanish theme for the wedding.
I was thinking of maybe a latte' brown to go with the coral? Or maybe chocolate brown with the blue-green? hmmm... I just can't decide. lol
a wedding website

Future Mrs.D  

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 7:47 AM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

I think the brown will go really nice with the coral. Hey, I'm Spanish too!! What are you? I am Cuban :) I kinda want a spanish looking dress but if I can't find one I will just have the DJ play some Spanish music lol.

futuremrsks Posts : 57 Registered: 1/6/09
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 9:17 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I have fully decided on our colors but for sure I think we are going to have chocolate brown and creme and either have pink or light purple too. I haven't decided which one of the two would work better witht he brown and creme. What do you girls all think?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine