A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

NKGiordano Posts : 57 Registered: 5/9/09
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: May 9, 2009 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Hey everyone! Can I join you guys?

My name is Natassia. My fiance is Kris. Our wedding date is July 16, 2011. It is far from now but there is a reason for that. I would love to get married this summer considering we have been engaged since August. I am 21 and my fiance is 24.

Natassia and Kris

July 16, 2011

JewelOfTheSea Posts : 32 Registered: 12/22/08
Posted: May 10, 2009 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

Hi Natassia! how come your wedding is so far away? And of course you can join us! Btw Natassia is such a beautiful name :D

Rose-I LOVE bugs Especially bumblebees and fuzzy wolf spiders and catapillars and praying mantises and...Ok thats enough lol but I lived in Hawaii for three months and had a freaking TOTAL MELTDOWN because I am TERRIFIED of cockroaches. Omg even now, years and YEARS later if i hear the WORD cockroach I shudder ick ick ick >.< and now i have to move to TN in a few months :'( And they have cockroaches. God I love the PNW even more for the fact we dont have those icky icky creatures.

OMG so I thought I was going to get a Davids Bridal dress but then I started looking at these Maggie Sottero dresses for someone ELSE and I am in love with like TWELVE of them. Its evil torture there is no way I'd be able to ever afford dresses like those they are so amazing sigh all well. But I just thought of an adorable idea for my wedding. its a theme so dont make fun of...OMG A BUMBLEBEE JUST CRASHED INTO MY WINDOW AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A HUMMINGBIRD IT WAS SO BIG (we have a lot of hummingbirds...and big bumblebees) So anyways Im not having a FALL wedding im having a FOWL wedding!!! My centerpieces are going to be different sculptures of peacocks and roosters and ducks and stuff and everybodys gonna get a card with the appropriate feather attached and some clues to find the right table with the correct centerpiece. Woot go me and my crazyness. How is everybody??

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: May 10, 2009 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: JewelOfTheSea

Jewel- Oh gosh, your post made me think of a cockroach story! So, I've lived in New York all through college, so my friends and I all live in little tiny apartments, mostly in the East Village (not the trendy part either, the still cheap-ish, right on the border of chinatown part). My dear friend Lindsey lived in a one bedroom apartment with our friend Danny that was quite nice, and they made it very homey, but they lost their lease. So, Lindsey moved into this really horrid studio apartment and as we were moving her furniture in we saw the BIGGEST cockroach ever to live. I'm completely serious. It was probably the size of a deck of cards. At first we thought it was a mouse. So, we see this thing running around the floor and immediately jump onto her couch and coffee table, rip off our shoes, and I think we spent the next hour screaming and chucking our shoes at this cockroach, trying to kill it! We must have seemed like the most ridiculous people ever to live!!! lol

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: May 10, 2009 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: jeaniebelle87

Hellloooo ladies

Long time no stop in!

Firstly welcome to Natassia. Your name is gorgeous! Where does your family originate from, I am assuming their is some culture to that name. My FH and I have actually considered different variations of the name Natasha, due to it's Russian background.

Anyshoes, this past Friday I had the house to myself and I was super excited because Greg and I were going to go out with all of my friends and then he would spend the night afterwards and we NEVER have the house to ourselves. Anyways, sometimes when I drink too much I get either really angry or just really emotional in general. I have been drinking less and making sure I never cross the line, especially after Greg brought it up. Anyways, he was talking about it before we started drinking and I told him I was going to stay in check, but also that he couldn't manage how much I drink because I knew if he tried to control it which he was before I just get angry and all "you can't tell me what to do!" So the night is going perfectly, we're dancing, we're drinking, we're chilling out and having a good time, being all flirty and making little sexual innuendos (both of us were stoked for an empty house)...and then Greg and I start walking back to my house and out of the blue he starts telling me this story about him and an ex-girlfriend. Anyways, he was telling it because he wanted to be funny and there is a funny ending...but like...hello...we're 2 minutes away from an empty house to the night and he starts telling stories about an ex-girlfriend? HELLO MOOD KILLER. Anyways, we got into a little spat because then I didn't want to have sex.

Sex has been weird lately. It's kind of an issue. It's man issues too...I'm hoping it's just stress or something...school has been stressful for him. Because if the issue with him is me...then we have some major problems ahead. Like, we can get the job started...and both of us will be all up in it...but the job does not always get done. He always apologizes afterwards but I keep feeling like I should be apologizing...but I don't really know what to say. I'm pretty speechless afterwards. What should I say/do? Like honestly the only thing running through my head is "am I not good enough for you anymore?" Like the next morning after that little spat we had sex...and it was going to be our first time in like 2 weeks...and then, nothing... Ugh, I really don't know what to do or say, this situation has never happened with me before. Any thoughts?

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: May 10, 2009 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Brighter- That's frustrating! It's probably not you, but rather stress or pressure. Just try not to worry about it or to get to hyped up about it because it will put a lot of pressure on both of you to perform. Personally, when Eddie and I are having any troubles in that area I usually just do something stupid or goofy (like dance around like a crazy person) to take off the pressure, but I also think that in general people tend to take sex to seriously and have expectations of it being some passionate scene from a movie where everything looks perfect! Maybe thats TMI, sorry if it is!

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 10, 2009 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Hey Girls!!

Jeanie~ How cute of your FH to come surprise you like that and help with the moving! That cockroach story is funny, I picture it being something like in a movie

Rose~ Ugh I don't like bugs...I am not afraid of them, and as long as they're outside I am ok with them, but I just don't like them.

Jewel~ I never thought I would be able to afford a Maggie dress, or any dress not from David's. But I got a Maggie, I got the sample off the floor so they charged us $550, it was orignaly like $799 cheaper than any of the dresses at David's I was looking at. I love Maggies, if you want one, I am sure you can find one you love for a price you can afford. With how popular they are you can probably even get a used one for a decent price, if you don't mind it being used. I really like the idea for your wedding, very diffrent.

Welcome to Natassia, of course you can join us!!

Ok so the wedding is in exactly 2 weeks, and I am slowly starting to freak out!! Today my parents came up and my mom wanted to see how long it took to get from my apartment to the hotels, and then the wedding site, and the rehearsal site. So I got to go see everything, and saw my reahearsal dinner site for the first time. I have seen one pic of it online. But it is perfect, I never want to leave there,. Its this lil picnic pavilion thing, in the woods, with a creek going through it. It even has its own little bathroom and horse shoe court, and huge parking lot. I am so thrilled about it, and it only cost $10 more than if we were to have the rehearsal dinner in the clubhouse at our apartment, and this is in the wilderness and holds more people!!!

I finally got my shoes and Thursday I am going for my haircut and to get some red highlights in my hair. I forgot what else I was going to say.

Posted: May 10, 2009 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Jeanie* Ha I am the opposite of somebody who takes sex seriously. It probably doesn't help that he sees that it upsets me a little, you're right, it might also be some stress about the pressure to perform. I always tell him it's okay and everything...but like...I think he probably hears a little edge in my tone. And it's not like the edge is there because it wasn't good enough for me, it's because I feel not good enough for him. Hopefully this is just a phase that will peace out soon!

Nessa* That site sounds sooo nice! I would love to have dinner in the wilderness like that! In fact, I would love to have my ceremony in a place like that! Glad you're happy with it!

NKGiordano Posts : 57 Registered: 5/9/09
Posted: May 10, 2009 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Thank you for the compliments of my name! I love it! I am half Russian, half Italian. The reason my wedding date is so far away is because my parents got married on July 16 and it's very symbolic to me. My parents died when I was 5 so incorporating them as much as possible is extremely important to me. Although, we are toying around with 2010 instead of 2011 because as much as I love the day, I want to get married!

Natassia and Kris

July 16, 2011

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: May 11, 2009 2:19 AM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

Natassia- Hi and welcome!

Jewel- A bird theme sounds pretty original, I bet you can get creative with that! I've seen photos of peacock-themed weddings, maybe check them out to gather ideas...

Jeanie- Your story was funny, but I'm so glad it wasn't me in that situation! Bugs that can't be easily squashed under my foot or in a tissue are too big to be in my house. A cockroach the size of a deck of cards would have me screaming too! Mice, snakes, bats, worms, all are fine, but insects are so creepy looking!

Brighter- What a poor choice of timing to tell a story about an ex-girlfriend! My mood would have been killed too. What could possibly be stressing him out (since school's done, right)? FH and I went through a period like that too, where he couldn't finish, and it was really stressful for me-- I wondered if I was bad at sex, if he didn't find me attractive, etc. Eventually I think the problem just went away, and it was only recently that we remembered it and he explained that he was nervous fairly often and was still "getting the hang of it," since this occured shortly after we'd started having sex (and had both been virgins). It doesn't sound like this is your case, but I figured sharing might help you realize it happens to other couples and it's likely not caused by a fault of yours. Have you tried changing positions? Scenery? Technique? I know it's an awkard thing to talk about, but maybe asking if there's anything bothering him or if you can do anything to help would make a difference. Also, letting him know that you're not disappointed in him, but worried thinking you're doing something wrong, might make him feel better too when he doesn't finish.

Nessa- Your reception location sounds beautiful! Exactly the kind of place I hope to find.

Posted: May 11, 2009 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Jewel* I didn't see your post about a bird theme but I saw it in Rose's post...Greg and I are toying with a bird theme ourselves. I always call him "lovebird" so it kind of went from there. I don't know if you had any ideas but we were thinking bird cages with candles for centrepieces, blue robin egg soaps as favours...mmm when I think of more I will post.

Rose* Yea I might just have to talk to him...scary!

JewelOfTheSea Posts : 32 Registered: 12/22/08
Posted: May 11, 2009 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

My mom told me that people would make fun of my wedding and call it "foul" instead of fowl. All well...Ryan doesn't like birds really anyways. God I feel like such a failure when it comes down to the wedding buisness :'( I dont think Im ever gonna get married because I cant find a stupid venue because I am so flipping far away from SA that how am i supposed to know which place I really want? And they are all incredibly expensive and I cant even talk to Ryan about it because they took his phone away and he wont be able to send a letter for at least the next 2 weeks. All I know is that he wants it in SA and he wants it outside (me too) and he wants blue and that we only have 6000 for EVERYTHING, that includes plane tickets is what Im guessing from what he said, and I cant pick a dress STYLE even because I so desperatly want HIM to love it, I seriously would be fine in practically anything as long as I knew he thought it was great looking. oh and I also know it has to be Nov. 11 2009 lol I am so stressed my baby has been screaming for the last THREE DAYS and only stops when she is sleeping, which she does rarely. I dont know what I did wrong but I feel like a shitty mom and a failure of a girl friend and I am so unhappy :'( hope you all have a better week than Im having

Posted: May 11, 2009 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: JewelOfTheSea

Oh my goodness Jewel! I'm so sorry that you are having such a tough time!
Honestly, you are a young mother of a little baby, a fiance to a man overseas and are trying to plan a wedding in like 6 months...you need to give yourself some credit! I can't even imagine being in your position. Also, I think weddings are too stressful. It is supposed to be such an exciting time, nobody wants to be miserable in the process. Is months of worrying and stressing really worth one great day (which will still have mishaps) when the day will be equally great without the stress...because you are marrying the man you love. Do you know what the size of your guest list is like? I'm sure 6000 dollars will create a really nice wedding. No matter what it will be amazing.

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: May 11, 2009 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: JewelOfTheSea

Rose - The day after FH and I got into our fight, we were still having problems and he had to go to his Uncle's birthday party. I didn't end up going because I had to study for my 2 finals the next day and I just wasn't in the mood to go. Anyways, while he was going I wrote him a huge email explaining how I felt and why I felt that way. I thought this was the best idea because he couldn't interupt my thoughts and I really could get everything out and off my chest. That worked and everything was fine, but I am still very annoyed by FMIL. Another weekend has gone by, still hasn't looked at the guest list. I mentioned something to FH about it and I have decided that if I do not hear anything from her about it after this upcoming weekend (our graduation weekend) I am going to say something to her. I'm just sick of waiting. She also hasn't decided when she wants to have FHs graduation party and I am laughing to myself about it because she doesn't have that many more days to choose from. There are already 2 Saturday's in June taken up, one by her great nieces b-day party and one by my graduation party. She wants to have it on a Saturday, and I think having it the end of May (not Memorial Day weekend) is just too late for everyone to plan. So I feel bad for FH, but I don't feel bad for her. Everyone was nice enough to wait but they just can't do it anymore. FH said to her this weekend that she really needs to decide when she is having it asap and she kind of ignored him, which I thought was very rude. Also yes Ariana is my actual name and the 1228 is when we got engaged ... December 28, 2007.

Nessa - how are you feeling that the wedding is so close. I know you said that you are excited and I hope that things have calmed down for you to relax!

Whoever had the idea with the birds, I think that is a really cute idea, I think I saw something in the Brides magazine that showed someone doing that theme with the cages and everything and it looked really nice. I don't think FH and I are going to have a theme, but I think that we mentioned before that we are thinking of having our colors be Tiffany Blue, Ivory, and Black maybe or something like that. Maybe Pink, Ivory, and Black, or maybe all pinks, I don't know we've thrown a bunch of ideas around. It's in June so something springy.

FH bought me a Bridal list book for when you plan it tells you questions to ask vendors and information that you need as far as insurance and stuff, it was really nice. He got it for me for mother's day from our puppy, Bandit.

Jewel - Please don't take this the wrong way, but is there any reason why you are getting married in November? Just because I know you said you won't be officially engaged until Sept. and while there is nothing wrong with that it just seems like you are having a hard time finding venues and stuff. That is one of the reasons FH and I have been saving up for a year and a half already and aren't getting married until 2011. We have big families and we want to make sure that we can include them in our marriage, and we also are building a house and just want to be financially stable first. I mean there are plenty of days where I want to just get married, but in the end I know it will pay off. Just something to consider maybe?

Anyways I am going to go for a walk/run with the dog so I will talk to you all later.

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: May 11, 2009 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

Brighter- Yeah, talking about touchy subjects can be tough. Let us know how it goes or if there's any improvement in that area! I've got my fingers crossed for you. ;)

Jewel- About the bird theme, sorry it got vetoed but I think brides change their theme as often as their college majors, so don't worry, lol. If you want to have an outdoor wedding, how about let that simply be your theme? You won't need many decorations and can let the surroundings speak for themselves. Or what about a theme of your colors? I think that's simple yet classy. I'll be on a small budget too, and I'm going to DIY/get family and friends to help as often as possible. You don't have to hire a million vendors or shell out for a tropical honeymoon, you can literally do it all in your backyard if you want to. Where is SA? How far away is it from your home? But most of all, why are you planning the wedding in such a short amount of time? I have to agree with Ariana and Brighter here, you've got a lot on your plate being a new mom, dealing with your guy far away, and trying to plan in a wedding in 6 months on a budget. Does the wedding have to be in Nov? Why not push it back awhile so FH will be around to help you plan and the two of you have time to save money? It feels kind of rushed and I don't understand why.

Ariana- At least your grad party is figured out! If worse comes to worse and FMIL doesn't get a party off the ground for FH, you could always share yours with him maybe. :) That's so cute that the dog "gave you" a wedding book for mother's day! Is FH very involved in the planning?

Flaahowa- Are you still out there, girl?! Your wedding is coming up, how are the plans coming together?

Nessa- How's the stress been? Have you taken up yoga yet? hehe. There was a thread on these forums somewhere that kelley started awhile ago with advice for brides on their wedding day, have you read that? Otherwise I can dig it up for you, it might help you feel more prepared and less stressed on the big day!

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 11, 2009 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Hey girls! I haven't gone totaly crazy yet!!

Jewel I just wanted to chime in, I am wondering also what the rush is for the wedding? I mean its doable in your time frame, and on your budget....But It would be a hell of a lot easier if you gave yourself time. However I also understand if it is because you and FH are afraid of him being deployed and you want to get married before he leaves. In which case you can go to the court house and do it there, then say 5 years down the road have a vow renual. But if not.....I will try and help you if you would like. Is there a reason you want it to be in SA? Is there something significant to that or just a place you and FH have both always wanted to go? How many guests are you planning on inviting? Will you have anytime to go to SA to actually look at places and do tastings, or is it going to have to all be done sight unseen? If you want pm me and I will defnantly help, I have loved planning my wedding, and I have done most of it from somewhat far away (not as far as you though) and I am great with internet research. To get you started I found this site for you
http://www.mywedding.com/sanantonio/?gclid=CLrw5fystZoCFQkzawodKBNJbg
It has links to a ton of diffrent things. I will keep doing research for you, and see if SA offers anything like Denver does (the visitors buro (so spelt wrong) offers a free wedding planner that can give you info on all kinds of vendors and stuff.)

Ariana~ How annoying FH's mom is being!!! I can't beilve he graduates next weekend and she sill hasn't even planned a party for him!!! I would def confront her about the guest list, tell her she has had plenty of time to review it and add/remove whoever she feels neccesary but you will now take it back and invite who is on the list, if she has a problem with it to bad she had more than enough time to make her changes. That is so cute your dog got you a present, I was half expectiong FH (God I can't call him that much longer) to get me a present from our kitties, but I guess it didn't really cross his mind. I got a notebook like that when I first started planning, and it helped me a lot in ways, but at the same time it wasn't much help, but thats because I went with a basicly all inclusive place and most the questions in there were null and void. I think I am going to fill parts of it out after the wedding and use it as a scrap book since it is a really nice 3 ring binder.

Brighter~ I hope your talk with Greg goes well. I know I am compleatly shy when it comes to talking to ANYONE including FH about those things.

Rose~ I just spaced what you said.....So I hope all is well with you!!

Ok so I have 13 days.....!!!!...... :S So far things seem to be going smoothly. I had a scaret his morning, the deposit for the cateror was $1000 and due like in September or December....Well my parents said they would take care of it blah blah blah, well Feb came and nothing had been paid!! So luckily the cateror let us make payments because my parents didn't have that money on hand at the time, so the last $200 was supposed to be paid last month. Apparently sometime last week the cateror left me a message asking about the rest of the deposit, my phone was being goofy and I apprently never got it.....So she calls today and you can tell she is PISSED so I called my dad asked if my mom mailed the check like she was supposed to last week, and of course she didn't. So I had to call the cateror and see what needed to be done. I told her my dad was in charge of it, and she said that I needed to have him call her because she was not going to go hunt down her money. So I called my dad back and told him everything so he called her and gave her the card number. She said she would charge the remainder of the deposit today, and our final head count is due first thing in the morning. So she will charge the balance like sometime between Wednesday or Friday. So thank god that has been taken care of. But now the head count is due tomarrow, and there are a few people I haven't heard from. So I started calling today....and only got a hold of 2.....One is comming and I need to mail her directions, the other can not make it, and said she dropped the card off in the mail with an explenation today. Another person didn't answer her phone, the other didn't respond to my text, and another hasn't emailed me back yet......Then theres one more I have no idea how to get a hold of......All well I suppose I will count them out??? I met with my photographer today and he is super excited. He is my teacher and does photography on the side, he has ALWAYS wanted to take pictures at my site, but no one who has hired him has gotten married there. I had to ask him if he would let us make payments to him and he said its no problem at all he is just so excited we even asked him to do the pics. I also spoke with the DJ today and got real excited because she is a friend of mine and she moved up to the City I live in now so hopefuilly soon we can get together and have dinner. She is so sweet I was still stressing over the cateror because I hadn't heard back from my dad yet and she offered to help me with anything else that was left. I think all I have to do is figure out what vows reading and blessing we are going to use, pick my dress up, get my hair cut and highlighted, and wrap the BP presents. Last night we found out that one of the GM's family won't be able to make it. They were going to make it their summer vacation and spend the whole week after the wedding here, but I guess now they can't afford it so it will only be him comming, but he may not be able to make it either.....
On a NWR issue I have an interview Wednesday!! I am super excited. It is at a chiropractors office, which is what I did for part of my internship for school, and absolutly loved it. I am very disapointed in my school and didn't think I would end up doing anything with my certificate (they managed to screw me out of a degree) and would be screwed out of a ton of money. But things are starting to look up. I am also looking into going back to school and geting my AA in radiology. I also found a school near me that offers sonography (ultrasound) So I am looking into that to. FH is also thinking about looking into going to school and doing a career change. I worry about him being a welder, he is at such high risk for skin and eye cancer, of burning out his eyes, and he works in a terrible shop. He is thinking about going for CNC machining, so he would just be working a machine.

Thats all I have for now!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine