A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 1,237 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

My date was SO good. So, back story. Yesterday, I ended up falling cuz I am SUCH a klutz and I hit my head and my friends are all paranoid, so we went to the hospital. I didnt think it was anything cuz I am immune to sprains, fractures, head injuries, things of the sort! So, I am waiting to be checked out and this SUPER hot doctor comes out. All I could think was, "Thank God I am wearing make-up right now!" He was just so good looking.

I guess, he took as much as an interest in me as I did in him. So, he takes me in his room and we were flirting and it was so cute! I said, "I'm totally fine. My friends are over-reacting." So, he says, "If you can walk out this hospital perfectly fine, then you have to go on a date with me." He was so forward and I LOVED it. And so I said, "Well, either way, I hope you take me on a date."

Obviously, I was fine and I gave him my number and he asked me out.

So, he picked me up today at around 5ish. We went to the boardwalk and we walked and talked and it was so easy and I felt like I have known him his entire life. It was just easy to talk to him and not at all awkward! We bought ice cream and ate it. It was SO good! Then, at around 7ish, we went to dinner at this beautiful Morrocan place, The Sultan's Tent. It has belly dancing and it is SO nice. We ate until 10. When he brought me home. Unfortunately, being a doctor, he got called away. But, not before, promising to call me and have a second date!

So, he is 31, which is 10 years older than me but whatever. His name is Nate and his speciality is Neurology. He has a huge family and he was raised in Quebec for most of his life. He is so sweet and I was laughing our entire date.

Can you tell how happy I am from this post? AH! I wanna jump up and down!

Nat (21) 

What is meant to be, will be.

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 12:42 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Regarding taking notes, I usually open a new tab to type my reply and then I can always peek back at the thread and not forget anything. It works pretty well. :)

Brighter- Glad that the phone situation is working out. When my boyfriend and I started long distance, I had to pull his teeth out just to make a phone conversation last longer than ten minutes! Now we talk everyday, averaging about an hour, but usually it's all at once before bed. Oh and feel free to ask about TESOL/TEFL, hopefully between Autumn and I we'll know the answer, and if not, there's always the internet or my professors, hehe.

Nessa- Brides on the forums complaining about planning weddings finally got to me and I asked my guy (half-seriously) if he'd consider eloping, just to save money and headaches. With a smile he said no, and reminded me how important family is to both of us and how I've expressed that I want it to be about the families coming together and having fun. Good luck with the wedding and buying a house, we're always here if you need to vent!

MrsChambers- Yay, I'm glad the fight is over! And I'm happy you found a compromise! :)

Autumn- You're student teaching now, but you said you're not sure if teaching is what you want to do. What else are you considering?

Natasha- Congrats on an awesome date and thanks for the story! It sounds like a movie plot and I can't believe it was your doctor! That would never happen to me, lol! Can't wait until you hear from him again, keep us updated!

Anybody heard from Audra lately?

audra2013 Posts : 145 Registered: 6/18/08
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 1:13 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

MrsChambers: All your wedding plans sound lovely! I'm glad you worked out your differences with that fight.

KJ: I'm glad you picked a dress! You're going to look stunning. Any luck finding it cheaper? I'd say its a bonus if you can find it cheaper, but if not, don't sweat it. Buy the dress you love! I have no creative ideas on the BM's but my mom has a SUPER creative friend staying at our house this week, maybe I'll ask her...

Brighter: I love the new wedding plan. Sounds so laid back and fun!

Hi Rose- I think you probably already saw my story, so I'll be on here less and less but welcome anyway! I also do the tab thing for notes-very helpful!

Carrotflower: WOW I love your e-ring! Where in the world did your FH find that!? Not in a 'traditional' jewlery store, right? I think the band would go great with it, if you want less sparkle Nessas idea sounds fantastic, but I'd totally go sparkle.

Nessa: OF COURSE I had to go somewhere! lol. I know you guys got wayy more snow than we did, we pretty much just got ice. The roads-I WISH I was exaggerating- were 2-3 inches of pure ice, allll over, not just in patches. It was terrifying driving to work, I watched 2 people almost majorly crash in front of me. And of course I get there at 8:30 and the kids dad stayed at home till 3:30 when everything melted. I so could've come in late!

Natasha: Sounds like a keeper! But I've always been a fan of older, more mature men! I'm glad you had fun. How's the sweater?

On the exercise topic, a break up is a GREAT motivator lol. I've lost 5 lbs already!! Just from daydreaming too much and not thinking about food.
So thanks for thinking of me girls! I have had a rollercoaster of a week. I can't believe how bad it hurt, I thought about everything in my life that was emotionally painful and couldn't think of one thing that I wouldn't rather go thru again than this. But I have fantastic friends, they've been keeping me busy. And today I got to talk to Josh. Loooooong story short he still has feelings for me, he just needs space until the school year is out so he can figure out if there is a good enough reason in his mind for us to try again. We even laughed a little together. He agrees with me calling off the wedding, but was freaked when I broke up with him. So I'm at peace knowing that there's a chance we'll get back together. We both said that there's no way we'd get married anytime soon. I'm thinking like 25+. But I'm so excited to possibly have another chance. Start dating again, do everything over again- but do it right this time. That thrills me. And while I wait to see what he thinks I am on this fabulous journey. I've already learned sooo much about myself. I'm feeling more confident, comfortable with myself again and I'm happier. I'm not angry and stressed all the time-I'm getting my old self back. My counselor is amazing and I can't wait to see her again. I'll be seeing her every week for awhile. I think that I do know who I am, I just lost her ya know? So my goal is get that person back. The person I was before I became so uberstressed and mean! But my counselor will keep me on track and make sure I don't miss anything. So things are looking up! Holy cow I can't believe that was so long! Sorry :)

wedding tickers

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 1:37 AM Go to message in response to: audra2013

Natasha: It sounds like you a had a really good date! He sounds like a good guy, and lots of fun!

Audra: I am SO incredibly happy for you. I mean, beyond happy...I'm thrilled!! It seems like you a really taking advantage of the situation, and learning from this experiance. I have confidence that everything will work out for the best. The important thing is that you're becoming a better person for yourself and for your son.

No luck finding my dress cheaper yet but I still have a few more stores to call.

Tomorrow is wine night with the girls! We get together and drink good wine, eat good cheese, and just be girls :)

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

thecarrotflower Posts : 34 Registered: 9/8/07
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 2:00 AM Go to message in response to: audra2013

Wow! I have only been gone for like a day and I already feel behind! I am going to start by saying

Audra- I already miss you and I hope that you will still pop in from time to time. Your input means so much to me. I can totally understand you wanting to be on here less but I will miss you! Oh and I was going to say, "Good For You!" Sounds like already you have figured so much more out about yourself. You are putting more effort into you and that is so important! I am glad that you and Josh were able to talk and that you have a feeling of peace about where you are! It is nice knowing that there are chances in the future for you two to be together again if that is something that is a possitive thing! All the best to you and I hope things continue to look up! Oh and about the ring, Ben bought it from a typical jewelery store it was just custom made by someone in town and sold through the store, it is kind of weird now that I think about it. Also I found a wedding band very similar to the one I posted except it is a little thinner (and only $135) , which is actually more to my liking I have tiny fingers and don't want rings to overwhelm my hand.

Natash- I am glad your date went well. He sounds like a gentleman! And really who doesn't like a doctor, especially a neurologist! He is set for life. (Not to say money is the only important thing but it does make life less difficult in many ways.) But truly I am excited for you a new relationship is always so exciting and filled with new hope, all my best to you!

Nessa- Money is such an easy thing to stress over, especially in these times! I hope things get better and you start to get everything figured out with the house etc.

MrsChambers- I am glad that you were able to figure everything out. Sometimes it is so hard for me because I am not one that wants to take a break and rest on a fight I want to fix things NOW! I am glad you were able to take a break and figure things out and came to him with a thoughful additude and understanding of both sides, sometimes that is so hard to do!

Autum- I am glad you have been thinking about the approval of others and been able to feel stronger and that you don't need everyones 100% approval! It is hard when you don't because what you want most is everyone to say "It's a good thing!" and when you don't you feel a little downhearted but if you are strong, which you sound to be, all you need is your own approval!

Rose- I think you asked me about Ben and I's story. So I will try to make it as short as possible. In August before my grade 12 year I went to a BBQ people were trying to recruit leaders for an organization called Young Life. I was one of the people they were trying to get involved, they wanted me to work for the middle school version called Wyld Life. Anyway Ben was already a leader and he was there with a friend he was trying to get involved. I guess that night he told his friend that he was, "going to date that girl." That girl being me. Anyway as the months progressed and Ben and I started to get to know eachother better through working in Wyld Life we started talk on msn and joke. When we went to Wyld Life meetings he would often sit by me. Eventually we started hanging out in December. He asked me if I wanted to go sledding with him and some friends and I said yess and then one day he messaged me pleading for me to come and help him clean his house. His parents were coming for Christmas and he needed to clean it before they got there. So I came and helped him clean and once we were done he and I sat on the couch and talked till about 3 am. His parents came the following day (they live like 12 hours away. They moved away just after he graduated and left him the house to take care of so they could come back once his dad retired and live there.) and I had been invited by another friend to go to a Christmas party, and I was trying t get out of it! The friend who had invited me had already asked me out twice and I had said no and I didn't want to have that awkward situation to happen again! Anyway I was talking to Ben on msn and I told him my situation and he said I could use him as an excuss. He said that his parents wanted to meet and thank me anyway for helping him clean his house and that I should come for dessert! So I went over for dessert and ended up staying and watching Home Alone one and two, it was Dec. 23. At like 12:30 am his dad came out and said it was time for him to take me home. He took me home I invited him in for hot chocolate. He and I talked till about 3 am and then he asked me out. 3am Dec. 24. Than two years later. This last December 24 he proposed at the same park we went sledding. He made a picnic and after we ate he set off fireworks and half way though a huge firework he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him! I said yes, and everyone sledding on the sledding hill about 100 meters away started clapping. Wow and that is my summery! Wow....sorry everyone for the chapter book!

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: thecarrotflower

Carrot* Oh my goodness that story was just precious!!! I didn't realize that I didn't know the story of you and Ben. What a gorgeous sounding proposal!

Natasha* hot DAMN. that date sounded awesome. The way you guys met did sound like a movie. I am a pretty confident person but I'm not even sure if I could ever do that! Sounded like a great date, can't wait to hear the next one!

Autumn* you are so cute with your yo-yoing back and forth between wanting to get engaged and not. I was SO there. Now I just have this "when it's meant to happen...it will happen." Sounds like you're not too stoked with the weather. The Florida heat will be good for you! You would think that being Canadian that I can handle the cold but I absolutely can not. I hate it. I could sooo go for some florida weather right now!

Audra* Things seem to be working out so well for you right now! I am beyond thrilled for you! Even your post seems so much more cheery! When I first saw your picture I was like "ooo new person!" and then I was like "oh my god...it's Audra!" I do hope you keep coming back from time to time! This forum won't be the same without you!

MrsChambers Posts : 14 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Natasha- Your date reminds me of that movie w/ Jennifer Lopez, the wedding planner. LOL. That is so cute.

KJ- ****I'm originally from Modesto, California. I moved to Saint Louis, Mo when I was 15.
****I just got into drinking Wine. What type of wine do u drink?

Carrot- They way you and your FH met was like destiny. December 24th was the day me and Kevin met.

Audra- Cute Picture! It looks like your at 6 flags.

As for me all is well. ♥ZEE

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: MrsChambers

MrsChambers: I was born in Walnut Creek, CA (San Francisco area) and lived there til I was 3. Then we moved to St, Louis where I lived until I was 18. Where abouts in STL are you? I grew up in Bridgeton (off 270 and Natural Bridge), graduated from Pattonville in 2007. As for what type of wine, I'm not too picky as long as its sweet. I can't stand bitter wine!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

woohoo!! Go Natasha! A DR!! And hot to boot!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

haha I am so cheap when it comes to buying wine!
i just buy yellow tail...whatever kind goes best with what I am eating

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 12:36 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Fine wines? My pick would be a glass gallon jug of good ol' Carlo Rossi, any flavor is fine!

Just kidding, I'm still aquiring a taste for wine (I hope). Though one of the few times I ever bought a bottle myself at the store it was Yellow Tail! Just because I liked the name.

At least I don't like Franzia. That stuff tastes like potpourri, hehe.

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 1:17 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

haha one time i needed to buy a bottle of wine and I had no idea what I was doing so I just went up and down the rows and the yellow tail has big bright labels so I was like "ooo! this one!"

i have been getting it ever since

it's not AMAZING but it's not bad either. A pretty good price too!

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

So I came to the conclusion spring and winter decided to switch places this year.....at least around here. We woke up to almost 2 inches of snow!!! That was at 5:30 am here it is 9:00 am and JUST stopped snowing!! We have probably about 3.5 inches....Nuts.....and its supposed to snow off and on all day!!

Natasha~ Your date defantly sounds like its right out from a movie!! How exciting!!

Ok on the wine talk, we get Yellow Tail too.....Which makes me laugh because out friend who LOVES wine, and the pricy wines at that, turned us onto it....Its one of her favorites. FH and I are trying to get into liking wine, but its kinda hard...Yellow Tail is defantly one of the best we have had yet....

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I've always had a movie style life. :)

I guess its so new that its so exciting. We talked for like 4 hours until 6 this morning. I totally skipped school because I was SO tired! I woke up at 12.

Accident prone is not a good enough term for me. I just hit my head, again and its bleeding and seriously hurts.

Audra, I am SO glad that you are doing good. I love your new picture btw! You look gorgeous!

Nessa- I cannot believe you got so much snow! It is SO beautiful here! I agree spring and winter switched with you guys!

I went to a baby shower yesterday and the girl already had her baby like 3 weeks ago and she is totally back to her pre-preg body! Its amazing. Her daughter is SO cute! She is my sister's friend and we all grew up together!

Nat (21) 

What is meant to be, will be.

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine