A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 2:07 AM Go to message in response to: audra2013

Katy- I am sorry about your loss. That is a cute story. I love Twilight. I am worse than Bella with my clumsiness. (SP?)

Kj- New York isnt really travelling to me because growing up I was there every single weekend. Buffalo is like a 3 hour drive from my house. We will be flying to Manhattan. Steph, Mom, MIL, and Hales. The flight is like 300$ but we pay a lot of taxes.

Audra- It might be the one! I cant wait to put it on!

Nessa- It is me! With my outgoing personality, it is awesome! I want a sexy dress. The dress is SO important to me.

I can picture Chace seeing me in that dress for the first time. :) He would love it! Oh my gosh! I am in love with it! Here's to hoping the next month will fly by!

Nat (21) Chace (22)

What is meant to be, will be.

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 2:49 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

I don't even have the energy to reply to anything or read anything. I just want to freaking break down and cry.

My classes became available at midnight and I was really excited to see what my courses would be like. So I rushed onto the school's website and started going through all the intro information. I told Kevin I'd probably be up for a while and he got irritated at me and said it should wait til the morning. I'm excited about school, why should I wait? So I went a head and said I would just print off my syllabus for each class so I knew what I needed to do tomorrow. He said fine. Well, each class ended up having a lot more info that needed to be printed than I thought. Plus my computer/printer reaction time is incredibly slow because my computer is all backed up and Kevin hasn't cleaned it (he's a computer tech) like I've been asking him to do for MONTHS. Well then he gets mad at me because its 1:45am here and I'm not near ready to go to bed. Then I dropped my glasses and they bent...ugh. I don't have contacts since I just need glasses to read sometimes. So then I start to login to my astronomy lab so I can get my course documents and I think my school sold me the wrong access code for the website which just pisses me off because its one more thing i have to deal with. So I asked Kevin to come look at it and he doesn't know what the hell is going on which ticks me off because he says he's a computer tech and he's amazing at computers but sometimes he is such an IDIOT about them. I mean, he knows hardware of a comptuer like nothing else. But he knows absolutely nothing about software and it really bothers me for some reason. Well, since I'm tired and stressed out at this point I accidentally SAY that to him. Crap. Made it worse. Well then he started getting pissy and I got an attitude and the next thing I know we're yelling at each other. Now he's gone to bed and I just wanna cry.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

I hope you guys ended up working things out

Hi, I'm new here
I am 19 and my FH is about to turn 20 (we were born in the same year)
We aren't going to be getting married for a while, we are both in school, so not until after we graduate which won't be for another 3 years or so.
We have obviously talked about our future together but then this weekend he brought up our future wedding. He then got a little embarassed as he does somtimes (he always brings up things about our future, not me and sometimes he gets nervous about scaring me away which he could never do) He ended up getting really into planning it and it was really cute.
We are not "officially engaged" but he is getting really excited for it now.
I had never really "invisioned" my wedding and so I wanted to come on here and then I found this forum!

So hello, I will probably be stopping in and seeing what it's like to be planning a wedding and learn from all of you guys, since I will be in the same boat as you guys in a couple of years.

I'm not sure what you guys consider as "young brides" but I will be in my early 20's during the planning of the wedding and the wedding itself.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Audra~ The biggest help i have found really is the knots guest list and budgeter....for pictures and ideas I have been using google like a maniac.....

Natasha~ I can't wait till you get to try on that dress.....Hopefully you will love it as much on you as you do in the picture. I wish I could go back and be more excited about dress shopping, but i hate trying on clothes so I was really self consious.....and the dress I FELL in love with I couldn't get anywhere in the state, so all the pictures of dresses I looked at I could get didn't compare, then I started getting excited about some at Davids, to be told that to try them on I would have to order them because they don't cary the samples of them in woman sizes....But at least I found the dress and LOVE it!!!

KJ~ Aw hun I hope you both got some sleep and worked it out. I know I get really excited about school and what to get everything together as early as I can. I hope your having a good first day!

Welcome to.......I am sorry I forgot your name. You are not the only one on here having a long engagement....Chic...if she ever has time for us lol.....isn't getting married until their both done with school in I beilve 2011. I don't think there has been a guidline of how young is youmg, I am 22 and feel just fine here so you will be A ok....Have you thought of any ideas for your wedding yet? I to was never one that invesioned her wedding all her life...I figured I would get married in my church....and thats all I knew...oh and the colors would be some sort of purple....I am keeping the purple but not getting married in the church... I had started thinking abut what I wanted...and then when I found my venue that changed everything so now i am planning my wedding around my venue.....does that sound silly??

Ok DAMN YOU CANADIANS!!!! So last night when we went to bed we watched the weather and they said we had a canadian cold front comming through it would snow most the day, but only a light dusting, probably no more than an inch wake up this morning at 5:30 and theres at least 3 inches on the ground its comming down hard its windy as all hell......and ontop of all that it started as rain so under all the snow is ice!!! Usually it takes me maybe 20 minuets to get to work, usualy around 15......I left my house at 8:30 thinking that should be early enough.....I didn't GET here until 9:50!!!!! This is nuts!!! But it cleared out as quickly as it got in......its now 10:45 and blue skys.........UGH!!!

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Welcome to our new brides!

Autumn - I just read yours so I mostly remember what you said! I say 10-01-10. It looks pretty and October 1 is a GREAT day! LOL! Its my birthday so I am biased! I am Nat. I am 21 and my fiance, Chace, is 22. I am getting married Dec. 19 of this year. We are very supportive of each other and we are glad to have you join us! I understand having an outlet. Not one single person in my family has been married before the age of 25. Except for one cousin who was married his 17 year old girlfriend but she was pregnant at the time. I think he was 21 or 22 when he married her. My family tried to talk me out of getting married so young but I know what I want. My sister isnt even married yet and she is 24. I love this place because I dont feel judged, or no one is trying to rationalize with me!

I am in school as well and we were going to wait until I finished but we couldnt settle a date. We were going to elope but we got "married" intimately and are doing the legal aspects of it. We finally just picked a date and its set! The girls can tell you how crazy I am and my life!

So, I am extremely tired. Today was my first day of class but I missed a week of school so I missed some classes. I started at 9 and finished an hour ago. I am trying to clean our house. I have to take down all our Christmas stuff, unpack, and just clean. We have no groceries and I refuse to buy any food until this house is liveable again!

Nat (21) Chace (22)

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Oh! Questions! Ask away. I am SO bored. I am taking a LONG break from cleaning!

I have a brother and sister and they are both older. I have a million cousins. Well, I am adopted. From my adoptive family, I have like 25 cousins. From my biological family, I have like 13. But my adoptive family is more my family so whatever. I am glad I didnt elope because my mom would have killed me! Chace has one sister who is younger so she isnt getting married for a LONG time!

I also work but I have an interview tomorrow for my new job which I hopefully get. My other job is at Chace's family company which is huge and I make my own schedule.

Nat (21) Chace (22)

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Welcome Autumn. I am Laura and 18 and my Fh is also 18, his name is Nathan. We are the youngest of the bunch, so we are waiting unti we are 21. I also would like to graduate college before getting married. We will be getting married aug of 2011. I think that 11-11-11 is cool, but that Remeberence Day here in Canada so I couldn't have that, plus it gets pretty cold by mid-november. I like alot of your ideas and thing that hints of halloween would be awseme. I am really bored right now so ask questions away!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Verterns day, in my honest opinion is a bit disrespectful for a wedding. There is usually drinking and stuff, but maybe if you included a silent moment it could be doable. I just know lots of people who go to church on that day. Many other people dont look at it though too, so I dont know. It may be different where I am from too.
Honeymoon- we wanted to go to Hawaii, but it is very expensive. We will probally go to Mexico or something then. I spent about a week in Greece and it was very beautiful and wonderful. We went in summer and it was HOT! I like that though and I think that summer would be best, you have to really see all the little islands like Crete and Santorini, not jsut Athens!!!! It is completly normal to wait to go on a honeymoon. We may even wait to go on ours or just have 2! We may do something kind of summery, like a cabin/lodge thingy where we can go hiking, horseback riding, sexing haha and then wait until winter and go on a hot honeymoon!! Its really up to you. People may care about your wedding and the details of it, but most people dont relly care about your honeymoon. I have had maybe 3 people ask where I want to go.

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

It is different then, here it is a Holiday and everyone closes down. Us patriotic Canadians, hah. Anyways, we got engaged in the end of Novemeber andwaiting until Aug of 2011, so thats 2 years and 8 months . It honestly is driving me crazy, but I really don't have any other choice. I just focus on the postive aspects of waiting and let of my wedding urges here! Some days I wish he would've waited to propose so i wouldn't get so ancy, but I love being engaged.

Random questioin: Does anyone feel that people expect them to be so in love when they got engaged? My friends think its wierd that we are not all over eachother. They are on top of thier boys, but really PDA was never my style. I love him dearly but i feel like sometimes there is an expectation of us to be so mcuh more inlove. They have obviously never planned a wedding and understioiod the stress of it, neither have I really, but just saying.

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Okay. I'm calm now, so I finally could read everything.

Katy: I'm sorry about your baby, but as you said its in God's hands now. Remember, "if He brought me to it, He can bring me through it." Your wedding spot looks gorgeous! I'm jealous :) Our dates are pretty close to each other -- mine is May 30, 2010. So I know how you feel! Its far away but yet its really not.

Audra: Honestly I have NO clue about tuxes. Luckily since Kevin is friends with the girl who's family owns a Tux & Bridal shop, I don't really have to worry about it. I did just call him and ask him some questions for you though. He says that tuxes don't take nearly as long as dresses and if you can get all the men to go in at once (groom, best man, groomsment, fathers, and whoever else...) then that is MUCH easier for everyone because there's less confusion. He said based on your area he would reccomend going into a shop no later than 4 months prior to the wedding. Most shops can do it in less than 4 but since he doesn't know your area he said just play it safe and go in at 4 months or early...the worse that can happen is they say, "you're too early come back at this time." As far as styles go, any respectable shop is able to help you. They can speak with the men and ask what they feel comfortable in, they can ask what the formality of your wedding is, what time of year, etc... And then they'll just go from there. Its like the brides who go into a dress shop saying, "ummm...I don't know what I want." Its prefectly okay and they can help you. Hope those tips are helpful! :)

Natasha: Chace is going to DROOL if you get that dress, lol.

Brighter: Welcome to the boards! Its okay to not be "officially" engaged yet and still be here! Chic & I were both on here months before our FHs popped the question! You're also not too old to be here :) You're about the same age as the rest of us. Most of us are in school and/or working as well.

Autumn: Welcome! Read what I said to Brighter because its applies to you too. As far as a date goes, I think 10-01-10 is pretty cool. I wouldn't do 11-11-11 because its Vetran's Day. While your schools may not close for it, I think it is still a respectable thing to honor. But I agree with Chic, if you do choose 11-11-11 be sure to honor the Veterans for a moment.

So how's school going for everyone? My classes will be keeping me busy! I'm looking forward to it though because I like having responsibilities and always having something to do. Kevin & I are much better today. When I finally went to bed at 4am, I woke him up and apologized and he apologized too. Then today he let me sleep in until 1:30pm. When I woke up the whole house was organized and the dogs were happily playing in the back yard. It was nice. Well...his friends are coming over in a few hours and that's when I'm going to do my school work. For now we're just going to cuddle :)

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

So, I had to write down things so I could remember everything.

Autumn- We are practically the same age! Are you a typical Libra? I am a Libra down to the very last word! It is ridiculous. Even the physical aspects of a Libra is me! My interview is with a financial firm. For our honeymoon, our original plan was to go to I think Singapore and the Maldives. You HAVE to go to Santorini. It is SO beautiful. Also, Venice is an amazing place. We were going to go there after our original wedding which was going to be in Italy. But, plans changed! You must also go to the South of France. It is SO much more amazing than just Paris. Although, Paris is beautiful. There is this little hot chocolate place by the Louvre that is amazing. It is called, I think, Angelique. And, the best crepes in Paris is across from the Eiffel Tower. Amazing! And no! Lots of of people wait to go on their honeymoons. Sometimes, it isnt practical to go right away if they cant! But, my Politics teacher in high school went on a 2 week Mediterranean Cruise during school. So, you can see about time off and what you can do. I wouldnt recommend Europe for December break unless you dont mind the cold. Because it does get cold.

Chic- I was NEVER into PDA. I am turned off by people who do it. No offense to anyone, but its tasteless.

Kj- That is the reaction I am looking for. I want him to drool over me in that dress. Also, how is your dog sitting business going?!

I guess it might be a good thing my dress budget is so high because Pnina Tornai dresses are from $5000 and above.

My question to everyone is, are you guys leaving from your wedding to go on your honeymoon or going within the week of it?

Nat (21) Chace (22)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine