A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

I love bridal shows. It was SO amazing. There were SO many booths though. Around 1800. After a point I was like, no more photographers and no more cake people. I cant deal with anyone anymore! Steph and I had SO much fun!

So, I want an outdoor wedding but my date is December which is winter and in Canada, FREEZING. Well, I thought of something! I could do it outdoor and get a tent with space heaters. At the bridal show, I was at a booth and there was this one, Rachel A. Clingen Wedding Design, who specializes in decor and TENTS! So beautiful. So, I think I might get my outdoor wedding after all!

I have a list of people I really liked and I categorized them and I want to take Chace to meet them! So, we are going to set up appointments! I found 6 possible venues for our wedding! There is this one place that is SO beautiful and its a garden and there is There is this one place Moments in Love. It is photography and videography and their portfolio was SO good.

Kj- I am doing a wedding planner. Well more of an event designer/planner. I found 8 people I really like!

Chic- I am sorry I ditched my 2010 wedding date! But, its ok. You have a lot of time to save, get more ideas, and find great vendors! Oh, and it is ok! You are allowed to have a life outside of this place!

Nat (21) Chace (22)

What is meant to be, will be.

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

natasha: glad to hear you had a good time at the bridal show!

project: how was your bridal show?

chic: like natasha said, you're allowed to have a life outside of here! lol. although, i don't at this particular moment! school for me starts tomorrow and im searching for a job with more hours.

well the fire house was a bust as well. im bummed out, but at least our choices are narrowing down! i found two more photographers i really like, a string trio for our ceremony (like them, don't know if we can afford them), and spoke with another wedding planner. i have appointments out the butt right now though!
tuesday- wedding coordinator
sunday- vidoegrapher and bridal show thats supposed to be the biggest in the area
next monday- videographer
end of the month- open house at a reception venue

plus i have to go in some time and look at those dresses. here's my question to you ladies: how early is too early to shop for a dress? my wedding is in one year and four months. i'm worried i'll find a dress that i love now but either a) i'll order it early and have problems or b) i wont order it and come back later only to find its no longer there. i'm not in any big rush to find a dress, but since i'm looking for something very particular i want to make sure i have plenty of time. what do you think?

gosh i talk alot!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

audra2013 Posts : 145 Registered: 6/18/08
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

KJ: An old firehouse sounds like an amazing site for a wedding. You could probably do so much with it.

Natasha: Yay you still get your outside wedding. That sounds like fun.

Ok so here's my bridal show story:
It was a 4 hour show and it took Josh and I 30 minutes to get thru it. So we left but had to come back at 3:45 to see if we won a honeymoon. They called out like 10 names and none of the girls were there so I was the next name they called. I go up on the stage and they have 3 cakes on a table and they say pick a cake and stand behind it. So I pick the middle cake. 2 more girls get called and they tell us we have to dig into the cake to see which one has a key chain in it. Long story short it was the last girl to get called up who had to take the last cake who won it. I was SO close. My chances of winning went from 1 in 400 to 1 in 3 just by being called up and I'm soo bummed I missed out on a & day 6 night all inclusive beach trip! So we're definitely going to more bridal shows to try and win something!

wedding tickers

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: audra2013

audra: aww that sucks! be for warned though, there will ALWAYS be a catch.

example 1: i get called say we wont a free crystal set. except by "set" they mean set of toasting glasses. a 2 day/3 night hotel package was also including. except we had to go to a meeting for a hour or so where the company show cases all their dining sets and such. well, the only time they had was when kevin was at work and we BOTH had to go to win. soooo we didnt get it

example 2: i won up to $200 off a wedding dress purchase. catch was that you have to go in before january 24th and be one of the first 7 girls to buy their dress. then you dig in a basket and pull out a piece of paper and you can get anywhere from $50 to $200 off your dress.

so its worth filling out those pieces of paper, but don't get your hopes up too fast!

im so freaking bored!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Kj- I dont think it is too early for you to be searching for a dress. As you said, you are looking for something particular and it might take a bit to find that dress.

So, I was looking at dresses and I love this dress.

While it may not be the taste of some, it is a Pnina Tornai. Her dresses fit SO amazing. I cant wait to go try them on and get my dress. But, I do LOVE this dress.

I also wanted to say I am going to be SO busy! I start school tomorrow after missing a week! Ugh. Then, I have my job and then hopefully, my new job! Oh man.

Nat (21) Chace (22)

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Well, I just scheduled ANOTHER appointment. This one is for save the dates & invites. My loving fiance reminded me that our save the dates go out in August. August seems so far away... but apparently its not.

Kevin wants to be a part of the dress shopping because he says they're some things he just can not stand and he won't like if I get. I'm okay with that because I trust his opinion over any other, plus I don't want to get something that he doesn't like. Its important to me that he thinks I'm absolutely beautiful on our wedding day. So what we've decided to do is that he can come with me and help me narrow down my choices. But he won't know what dress I'm getting because we both want it to be a surprise on the wedding day. My mom thinks its the most absurd thing she's heard. Oh well...

EDIT
Natasha: I think that dress is really unique and beautiful. I say if you like it, go for it!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Edited by: KJsGirl on Jan 11, 2009 7:35 PM

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Natasha that is one sexy dress! I want to look hot on my day too! I don't think my cellulite would look so nice in that dress though hah!
Kj- like I said on facebook, it can take a year to get a dress and I've even considered getting that dress I treid on. Its never really too early unless you plan on losing/gaining alot of weight. Go with what looks good on you and suitable for the wedding day. I orginally wanted a winter wedding so a big fancy dress would have worked, now in my summer with no air conditioning wedding, I would die of heat! Go shoppping, if you find something at a great deal or the most amazing dress ever, go for it. I guess you just can't regret your decision, because if you have lots of time, then you may think about it too much. I dont think its wierd at all to have him go with you. I showed Nathan dresses and we have some very different tastes. He likes ball gowns, and I mean like 4 meter trains! I'm sure he will like whatever I pick out though!

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

man! i am so stinkin bored! my house is clean, my laundry's done, my dogs are asleep, my wedding info has been organized ... there's nothing left to do!

i have another question!! i'm not planning on losing or gaining any weight between now & my wedding. however, i do have a little pouch around my belly --about 5 pounds I'd say. That I'd like to turn into muscle. I want to have a nice flat stomach in my dress and not worry about all the pics having that little extra belly fat in them. any tips on good ways to tone the overall middle section? like waist and stomach?

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Yoga? Pilates? I dont know!

I love it! I love the corset and the beadwork. It really is me. I am going to go to NY on Feb 13 and go to Kleinfeld and try on dresses! Yay!

Nat (21) Chace (22)

KatyG Posts : 21 Registered: 9/28/08
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Well, just for an update I lost the baby, it's kind of what brought me and my fiancee' back together. When he found out what happened it was really emotional. I was very very upset and still am. But it's in God's hands.
We've decided to go to Tuscany because, I know this sounds really corny, but you've heard of the Twilight series right? well Volterra Tuscany is the place where the Volturi live, and we're both major nerds and read a lot. And we kinda compare ourselves to Edward and Bella, I'm completely uncoordinated and have horrible balance, and he's like perfect, at well everything, and we see what happened between us, when he left, as what happened in New Moon.
I know. Really really corny, but we love it.
We're going to have a ceremony here still, but it's going to be a small, homey celebrationg.

The Future Mrs. Glenn!

Photobucket

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: KatyG

Good gosh Natasha! You just finished travelling! lol. No, I'm happy for you .. and jealous :)

Katy: I'm really sorry that you lost your baby :( But as you said, its in God's hands now. Perhaps it was just a test for you and your FH. Remember "if He bring me to it, He will bring me through it." Tuscany sounds cute, especially with your special meaning behind it. Whats the date?

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

June 23, 2010. It seems so far away, but yet it's so close at the same time. We're both very excited. A little less than 18 months away.

The Future Mrs. Glenn!

Photobucket

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 10:34 PM Go to message in response to: KatyG

Here are some pictures of where we'll be getting married

The Future Mrs. Glenn!

Photobucket

Edited by: KatyG on Jan 11, 2009 10:34 PM

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Hey Girls!!! I am glad to hear everyone who went had fun at their bridal shows!!!

KJ~ that free toasting flutes was from Celeberty china wasn't it? They called me the other day on my way out the door and was like you won!!!!! I got all excited cuz I thought the girl said an all inclusive trip or somehting. Then today I was looking through all the stuf I got at the show I went to last week and I found their flyer that says for being at the bridal show and if you go to a showing you get that stuff.....I was like oh yea I won......

Chic~Its ok you can have a life outside of us.....we may be a bit jelouse.....but we won't ban you. lol.

Natasha~ That dress is amazing! It was a dress I saw on Say yes to the Dress that made me HAVE to have a corset top.....I think with your outgoing personality you can pull that dress off with NO problems. It may however offend some people, but who cares I am sure if they mean anything to you they will thinkyou look beautiful.

Oh yea KJ that sucks both sites ended up being a bust today :( I am kinda glad our site was so easy to pick out.... And I don't think its to early to start looking for dresses you oculd end up like me and have no idea what to get.....But you are a step ahead of me all I knew when I started was I wanted a corset top, and tuxedo buttons.....But since weight shouldn't be an issue with you if you find a dress you can't live with out tomarrow I don't see any problems....unless your like me and can't make a descion if your life depeneded on it......I tried getting my FH to help me pick out dresses and I made him look at some with me to just get an idea of what he likes....turns out he highly dislikes pick ups, he thinks they look way to wrinkled like you fell asleep in the dress then went to your wedding.....so heres to hoping he likes my dress, I am not to worried though I found a pic of a girl in a dress with simalure pick ups to mine and asked what he thought of it and he said it was really nice. We have a day of coordinater, but its only because he comes with the site, well techinacly I have to, the caterer will set up everything in the dinning room for the reception for us too,,,,,

Christina~ I guess I kinda went over your questioins the other day... I have heard of trash the dress photos and think they are nice, but i don;t think its something I can do... But thats just me..... And I don't know if it was you who asked about the first look photos... I had contemplated doing them, but our service starts at 10am.....so I don't think with getting ready there will be time to do them...I had asked my fh if he wanted to do them or if he perfered seeing me comming down the aisle to him first....as a typical boy he really didnt care.....

So I got a call from my MOH earlier today she couldn't remember the exact date of the wedding and was putting the time in for time off for it so she called and we started talking and she wants to help so much, but we live over an hour away, she works full time and has 2 little kids so its really hard to get together to do planning. She offered to do the inventations since she works at Walgreens in the photo center, but I want real fancy invites so I felt bad saying no you can't do that.....but i am going to try and make an effort to include her more in the planning.....I hate being so far from her we have been insperable since the 6th grade, met in 3rd grade then 9th grade she moved away so we didn't see eachother for a while since we didn't drive, but every year for the 4th of July and usually her bday I would go see her then I started driving and would go up there more, then a few months before I met fh...well it may have been a year, I would go stay the weekend with her and her hubby....THen I moved even further and I have seen her ONCE in the past year in a half!!! SOrry I needed to vent a little bit, I just hate growing up and being away from friends, and not having the time to see them :(

audra2013 Posts : 145 Registered: 6/18/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 1:31 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

KJ: We must've been posting at the same time! Sorry the firehouse didn't work out. About the dress, 12-9 months out is the time that most girls should start looking for their dress. Most wait. I think if you're looking for something particular (by the way, what are you looking for, exactly?) you can definitely start now. The key to making it work once you find your dress- no matter how much time until the wedding- is to STOP looking at dresses after that. Throw out your bridal magazines (or at least skip over the dresses) and stop looking. Then there's no room for 'oh this new style just came out'. I also got the free toasting glasses and hotel stay. The glasses are nice-but we're engraving them because they're obviously very plain. The hotel stay sucked. We didn't use it, we were going to but there was absolutely no where we wanted to go that they offered, so we let it expire. Oh and I get grooms in David's all the time. Sometimes they pick out THE dress and sometimes they just get choices narrowed down. So its not absurd.

Natasha: I LOVE that dress. I saw what must've been a cheaper version or something last year and wanted to wear it but I figured since we already have a child together I shouldn't get tongues wagging anymore. I think it's very elegant and tasteful in the way it shows off skin. It's no worse than those plunging neckline gowns or backless gowns. Do you think its the one?

Katy: I didn't meet you yet, so I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Audra. My wedding date is 06-13-09 and I have next to nothing finalized. I LOVE your destination wedding idea. Sounds fabulous. I'm glad you and your FH are doing better, and I'm very sorry for the loss of your child together.

So this week my hours pick up at David's a ton for bridal christmas. I'll probably be working 7 days a week every week for a couple months now, but hopefully I'll find time to catch up here (I'm sure I will) So Josh and I have planned to meet with our photographer next Sunday to hopefully get a deposit down and finalize that (as long as I don't get scheduled to work). We're also hoping to meet with our cake baker and ask my pastor to marry us and counsel us, all on Sunday. That would be 3 HUGE things out of the way in one day!! Also today, we put a deposit down at men's warehouse so that every guy will get 40$ off their tux rentals and Josh's will be free. It was a special promo they were doing just for the show-better than the promo they do at David's which is 20$ off. So that's great.

question: When do you order your tuxes and how in the world do you decide what tux to put them in? All tuxes look the same to me! Oh and also post all the websites you girls have found most helpful in the planning process so far. Websites with pictures, or ideas, or projects, or things to purchase, anything!

wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine