September 2009 WIVES!!

Online Users: 1,278 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 811

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
September 2009 WIVES!!
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 11:18 AM

I keep seeing posts for other months, so I figured it was time for us to represent.

What is your date?

How far along are you in the planning?

{color:#ff0033}Misty

{color}Create a wedding ticker

http://johnandmisty.ourweddingday.com

Edited by: CatStandish on Oct 16, 2009 10:59 PM

Re: September 2009 Brides
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 11:28 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Responding to myself <G>:

Our date is September 26, 2009.

As far as planning, we're doing really well in concept.  Nailing stuff down is another story.

Favors: Nearly done.  We're doing CDs.  My FH is in charge of them.  He's working on determining the play list, which will be a combination of ceremony music and reception music.  He's ordered the lightscribe (so that we can burn an image on the top of the CD rather than do lables), and we'll probably be using the wedding logo that he designed on it, as well as listing the songs included.   He has ordered the lightscribe CDs, and the paper envelopes they will be in.  He'd like to have the playlist set by January so that we can start burning.

Invites: We've picked them out.  We're doing our own, and since we do not need to mail for a while, we're watching them locally to see if they go on sale.  If so, we'll snatch them up.  Otherwise, we'll buy when the time is right.   FH has bought a color laser printer, so we can do the burgundy ink on the invitation (or whatever color we eventually choose.  Our color scheme is Autumn).   We'll be using the wedding logo on those, and just have to determine the phrasing.

Wedding Rings:  FH has designed those too.  The wedding logo is a take on our rings.

Aisle decoration:  FH is making something, and he's already working on it.

(Yes, my FH is VERY involved.)

Tuxedos:  They're actually renting kilts.  FH has already picked out the place (as there are not a lot of them).

Flowers:  We need to set up an appointment with a florist friend of mine (whose floral designs frequently appear in a regaional bridal magazine).   My heart is set on having him do them, so I hope he's able to give me a good price.

Photography:  We have lined up a good friend.

Attendants:  All have been asked.  I have to choose which will be my MOH though.

Dress:  January is when I plan to do this.

Cake:  I know someone who is a baker/decorator.  She's looking into getting us something for a diabetic cake (FH is diabetic).  I am waiting on an estimate from her, but we have chosen our cake topper.

Venue:  Reserved!

Officiant:  Asked!

Unity Candles:  Picked out, but not ordered

Food: We're still working on this.

All in all, I think we're doing pretty well for 1 year, 1 month, and 1 day (according to my ticker)

Misty

Create a wedding ticker

Mairi Posts : 1 Registered: 4/24/08
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

October 2009.

Gods....I read your post and I've barely started on ANYTHING!!

Venue: Picked...sorta. Want to do RenFaire, but we're not sure what kind of food is offered, if they'll let us bring in outside caterer, etc.

Dress: NO CLUE!!! LMAO!!  I love Italian Ren, Hollywood-Ren, Medieval, "wench", Elf, Fairy.....

Invitations: Decided on.  Nothing else.

Attendants: None, we both have children from previous marriages, so we are doing a family ritual.

Flowers/Decorations: Still in planning stage.

Photography: Haven't even looked at it yet.

Favors: Know what we're doing, need to get started on making them.

*sigh*  Well, maybe after we move into our new house I'll be able to focus!

That which does not kill me had better run damn fast.

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: Mairi

If you're trying to do yours at the Ren Faire, you might want to check http://www.sofisstitches.com/   They have all sorts of Ren Wear

Misty

Create a wedding ticker

FallBride91909 Posts : 88 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Cat, our wedding date is 9/19/09! I would like to be a little further along than I really am, but I still think we've got a good handle on everything.

We have our officiant picked and booked. We have our photographer booked and we have already done our engagement session. The venue has been chosen and the cake design has been decided on but we havent seen the baker yet. Our cake is included in our wedding package so that is saving us over $500!

We are in the midst of finding a DJ, we are setting up some meetings for this month. I am about to start setting up meetings with florists. We have our ceremont site picked out but cant book if until November. I have requested some quotes on limos and we need to chose one.

Lets see, I have my dress, the BMs all have theres already!  We have our centerpieces decided on. Now when I am out and about and see stuff on sale I pick it up. We also know what we want to do for our favors. I just have to order them. 

Ok, I guess I have more done than I thought. We are doing a choreographed dance so that will take alot of time to come up with.  When I think about the one year mark being right around the corner I start to freak a little bit. The holidays are crazy for us, as my parents are divorced so we have to of course make the rounds! I figure we only have about 7-8 months of planning.  I want to be done with everything and tying up loose ends by the end of June 09. But I am very glad that FH is taking an active role in the planning!

"When you figure out love is all that matters after all, It sure makes everything else seem so small." - Carrie Underwood

9/19/09 I marry my other half, my best friend!                       www.mywedding.com/ashleybrian

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: FallBride91909

Our Wedding is on September 27th 2009 and I have pretty much figured out everything. I have not bought anything yet but I have about planned it all.

So how are you guys doing on waiting another entire year. I'm so ready I wish it was Aug 2009 so my wedding was just a month away.

SmileDon't settle for what you can live with,

Settle for what you can't live withoutLaughing

Message was edited by: Necolei

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

We just decided our table decorations yesterday, and that means I have an entire skillset to learn.   Basically, I am going to make mosaic pillar candles in our colors.  (I love mosaics and I could not decide whether next hobby should be mosaics or candlemaking.  FH said "why not both.  Make wax pieces, do a mosaic, and wrap it around the candle.)  so, that's what I'm about to learn to do.

Misty

Create a wedding ticker

http://johnandmisty.ourweddingday.com/

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Hi September ladies! My date is also set for September 26th, 2009. Although, we are thinking of moving it up a couple of weeks to the 12th. So far we know pretty much everything that we want. It's just a matter of getting started on contacting vendors now. We are going to book our venue next month. I am making our Save The Dates and have been working on those. I am also looking into making our invites. I ordered our guest book and that just came in a couple of days ago. And we are hopefully going to be taking our engagement pictures next month too. So that's all for now. Nice to see lots of other September 09' brides :)

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Hello ladies! My wedding is September 12, 2009. I wish it was sooner! I really don't have much done!

Dresses: I found my dress, but have not bought it yet. I want to go to a few different locations to make sure that the dress really is the one. I know what I want my BMs to wear, David's Bridal has one I like but my BM that tried it on didn't love it, so I am still on the look out.

Location: I had narrowed down the venue to two, but then looked at another one online today and now have three to choose from. So right now I am looking at The Derby Club in Ventura, The Westlake Yacht Club, and some park in Oak Park. All are in southern California.

Catering: My sister's best friend own one of the largest catering companies in Westlake and he has a ton of connections. He will be doing the catering for us and he will also do the tables, chairs, centerpieces, and alcohol. He has connections for photography and DJ so I will probably go with one of those.

Cake: My best friend wants to make our cake for us. She is taking some classes this year at the community college. So we will see how that goes! My mom is not to thrilled with that so she went to the local baker and asked how much they would charge for a wedding cake. Shoot if she wants to pay for it to be done by a professional, she can! 

We are on a big time budget! I am looking into getting a 2nd job so I can save for the wedding. If all goes as planned, I should be able to save almost $10,000 and then FH will put in $10,000 also. We do not want to spend $20,000 on the wedding though. We will see what happens! 

Congrats to all and happy planning!

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I know what you mean with the whole budget thing. FH and I are paying for the majority of the wedding. So, he is working a part time job 3 days a week and that check goes straight into the savings account. Any extra money I get I put in there. Our wedding budget is gonna be between $8,000 and $10,000 and so far we have $3,500 saved up. It seems like we will never get there! 

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Looks like you're also my date twin!  9/26/09!

Misty

Create a wedding ticker

http://johnandmisty.ourweddingday.com/

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Project where is he working? I was thinking about going to Home Depot because I have worked there before and the pay is good. I am just really dreading the idea of getting a second job! But I have to do it. My FH has money in his savings account, but it is for our down payment on a house. He is going to match whatever I save though to put towards the wedding.

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 6:13 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Yeah, I have finally found a date twin. :) Either that or if we move our date to the 12th than I will be Mrs.Schultz's date twin.

MrsSchultz- Yeah, I have heard that Home Depot pays pretty well. I'm gonna try and see if FH wants to maybe find a new part time job. He's working in a restaurant as his part time right now but the pay isn't very good. He just went there because it was a quick hire (he knows the guy who manages the property). But, I want to look into getting him a better job. If he's going to be working two jobs he may as well be getting paid as much as possible right? I feel bad because he's the only one working a second job. I never have a set schedule at my full time job so I'm not really able to get a part time. Saving money isn't as easy as I thought it would be....

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Project you should tell him to check out Depot. They are always hiring and they pay very well. If he has any experience managing then he may get even more money. They also promote like crazy. I have no clue what he does for his full time job, but Home Depot may even pay better! They also do bonuses and tuition reimbursement which is huge. I really want to get into bartending because the money is really good there, but I know if all else fails, I can rely on Home Depot. Plue they are very flexible! I am with you on saving money being difficult. It is so hard. My FH is so good at saving his money and I don't get it at all!

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 6:47 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I just sent him a text message and asked him what he thought about the Home Depot idea. He doesn't really like working at the restaurant but Home Depot would be much more up his ally. He was working full time for a home entertainment company. He would go and do all of the wiring and hook ups for sound systems and things like that. He recently switched jobs and now he is working for Ace Electric. They are paying for him to go to a 4 year trade school and when he comes out of that he should be a certified electrician. He just started classes a month ago. Yeah, bartending can definitely earn you a lot of money! Where are you working right now??

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine