September 2009 WIVES!!

Online Users: 1,287 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 811

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Re: September 2009 Brides
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 3:25 AM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Project: Home Depot is really a great place to work! And you make great money! I am currently working as a Behavioral Therapist. It is really fun and I make decent money. However, I make enough to support what I need. But if I want to save, I need another job. It sucks, but that is hon it goes. Once I get promoted, I wont need another job, but I don't know when that will happen... A few more months. Good luck to your FH! Saving is REALLY hard! I am still trying to learn!

ShoelaceGirl Posts : 33 Registered: 8/31/08
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

The 26th. We actually just postponed it a year for money reasons, so we've got a good bit settled. The ceremony & reception sites are booked. The dress is in the closet. The ceremony draft is written. Flower fairy outfits are being designed. General idea of food. I've decided to do the cake, so I'll be working on my decorating skills. Woohoo! I have jumped into planning full-on. I love it! I get to window shop with an actual excuse.

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: ShoelaceGirl

Hey Ladies I am having a planning thought that I wanted to share. What do you ladies think about guest books. I think they are a waste of time. You invited everyone already so you know their address. You are at your own wedding so you know who was their and who wasn't. So what are other ideas to replace the guest book. I was thinking of doing one of those wishing wells. Were you lay out pieces of paper and have a vase or box for people to put their best wishes to you in the vase or box. However I don't know how to do it because if I put it at a table(like where the guest book would be) people will just write quick little notes so the person behind them can go. What do you think?

SmileDon't settle for what you can live with,

Settle for what you can't live withoutLaughing

FallBride91909 Posts : 88 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

We are thinking about not doing the guest book as well. FH wants to do the picture matte that people can sign on. We are going to use one of our engagement photos.  I havent seen the wishing well done so I cant really give any advice on that, but the photo seems to work well from what Ive seen.

"When you figure out love is all that matters after all, It sure makes everything else seem so small." - Carrie Underwood

9/19/09 I marry my other half, my best friend!                       www.mywedding.com/ashleybrian

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

We're doing the picture matte thing too.  A friend of mine actually did that and he has it on his wall.  My FH and I love it, and it's nice because we'll see it all the time.  Guestbook would just gather dust or take up space on a shelf.

Misty

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

that is a good idea too. Well I guess I will work on it Please keep the idea's and thoughts coming

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 9:37 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

I just went to a wedding a few weeks ago. They had a guest book, but instead of being a traditional one, it was a big book with pics of them in it. The background was black in every picture and then they had a silver marker that you could write a message for them on. It was so cute! You can make scrapbooks like that at kodakgallery.com. They are really cute and very inexpensive. I have also heard of people doing a scrapbook page and they have it at the table they are sitting at. So no one is feeling rushed because they can do it at their own seat.

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 9:56 AM Go to message in response to: Necolei

We're doing the frame mat guest book as well. We found a large frame that holds three pictures, so there will be plenty of room for people to sign and write messages.

I like the idea of the wishing well but to be honest I do not think I would ever actually read them. If you're seriously considering this how about a recipe box instead. Send people recipe cards in their invitations. If you put something on the back which indicates that they should write a personal message to the bride and groom then you'll end up with the same thing - a bunch of messages, wellwishes and advice, and you'll be able to read them each time to cook the different dishes.

When is my wedding

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

I have never thought of that. Thank You all for the ideas

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

That is really a lovely idea. Of course, most of the peeps I am inviting would either provide something so complicated I'd never try it out (you know... with like 20 plus ingredients and 14 steps) or would provide something like "Take  box of Kraft macaroni and cheese, prepare according to directions.  Add one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of tuna.  Instant tuna casserole."   (No middle cooking ground there <G>)
wedding countdown

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Thats funny that sounds like what my family would probably do. Well actually they would probably just throw it out and say they never got it, or just say that they forgot it and never get it to me.

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Our wedding date is September 26, 2009. We have the church, reception hall, organist, musicians (our friends), photographer, DJ, and videographer (our friend) booked. We are mostly finished with our preliminary guest list. We have have the wedding parties picked out and the colors of our wedding (royal purple and green). 

We'll be sending out save the date cards in the beginning of December. I'll start looking for a dress in January or February. Soon after that I'll pick out the bridemaids dresses and then work on flowers.

So far, things are going smoothly and I'm trying to remain organized. I bought a file folder to keep everything in place. We have our budget pretty much figured out. 

We are having a cook out so our families can meet each other on the 27th of this month. On October 4th we are attending a marriage prep day. We're having a catholic wedding and this is one of the requirements. I'm really looking forward to it!

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: Lori82

Thats awesome you sound really excited and very very organized. That should help you and your FH not be so stressed out during the last few months. Congrats

MCR Posts : 11 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Hello September brides!

We are getting married on September 19, 2009!  I'm loving that this thread is up and will definitely be watching it closely.  I'm just wondering, where is everyone getting married?  City, State, Venue?

We chose Westbury Manor in Westbury, NY for our reception, but our ceremony will be in the Bronx, where we both live.  Any Bronx, Long Island, NY brides on this thread?

As for the rest of my plans, I've picked a MOH and started interviewing photogs.  I should probably get moving here, especially considering how much the rest of you have gotten done so far.  Anyway,  good luck to all of us!

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: MCR

Nice to have another bride on here. I'm from Colorado and we are getting married at the Crystal Rose in Littleton. It's a very nice wedding hall. It's all inclusive, meaning I pay so much per person and that will include. ceremony and reception, food, dj, cake cutting services, bar, all the staff, linens and chairs, all the glass and dinner wear, champagne toast, center pieces if I want to add those, So basically they take care of all the work and leave me all the fun stuff. Like dress shopping and flowers etc.. Anyways I'm sure that you will get everything done just remember most places you go it takes about 6 months to get your wedding dress in.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine