VOTE ON THIS ETIQUETTE QUESTION!

Online Users: 1,264 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 130

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: VOTE ON THIS ETIQUETTE QUESTION!
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 7:20 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Our management does not want to be in the business of differentating between tattoos with artistic merit, gang-related tatoos, prison specials or anything else.

Yeah, that makes sense. Things could easily get out of hand if you tried to distinguish between 'appropriate' and 'inappropriate' tattoos, and no employee would be happy. It's better to have a policy that is the same for everyone.

I just wouldn't want to be the manager who has to tell a combat veteran that he has to cover up the American flag tattoo on his lower arm... 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 7:37 AM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

Thank you!  You're sweet! 

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

toto Posts : 54 Registered: 8/18/08
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 8:46 AM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

"i don't know why but it read like it was OK to bash AOTB but not kelley and it's just really confusing why the brides here stick to cliques"

I just wanted to clarify.  I'm one of the ones who defended Kelley, but I'm definitely far from any "clique" that might be here.  I post very infrequently (on my old name - totobride), and when I do, I am hardly what anyone would call close with any of these women. Still, you get a sense of their personalities, which is why I defended Kelley.  Anyone who has read most of her posts would never peg her as someone who would attack others in any way.

As for bashing Aunt - I'm not one of the ones who did this, but I can see why she rubs some people the wrong way.  She tells it like it is, and sometimes it's just like she feels it is, but isn't that what we all do?  She just puts it out there.  Yes, she knows a lot.  Yes, she's going to tell you.  I've gotten a lot of helpful advice from her, and I'm sure I will continue to.  So bashing Aunt isn't okay, either.

And Maine has always been considerate and nice.  We all have bad days, and she apologized for it, so I'm thinking this topic should be let go.  

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 9:43 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Dear Linda Jo,

"Can't even stand the thought of a nurse sticking a needle in my arm,"

I'm a regular blood donor, and used to work for a company that made a blood analyzer. My own blood was drawn all the time when I was out demonstrating the blood analyzer. (It was a sample that I KNEW wasn't dangerous to ME!)

I still hate needles. I still look away and wince when my skin is pierced. You'd think I'd be used to it by now.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Dear Artbride,

"I just wouldn't want to be the manager who has to tell a combat veteran that he has to cover up the American flag tattoo on his lower arm... "

That's why they pay managers the big bucks. A skillful manager will figure out a way to make the point, but without insulting the veteran, nor dishonoring his/her service.

Besides. A veteran ought to be used to obeying orders from employment superiors. Even if he/she personally thinks the orders are silly.

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Yup, and not only that, I have to warn the nurse drawing blood that I have teensy, teensy veins. Some are good at it. And I almost always pass out when I give blood, especially on an empty stomach-so I know better now.

Now that I think about it, a pap smear creeps me out, too.

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Dear Artbride,

"It's better to have a policy that is the same for everyone."

True, and it's really great if the policy is equally applied to management and non-management employees. Some bosses make policies, then exempt themselves. If there is a true business reason to do so, then OK. But it's best for employee morale if the same rules are applied across the board, equally.

If I can't wear jeans to work, then neither should the boss.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Dear LindaJo,

"Yup, and not only that, I have to warn the nurse drawing blood that I have teensy, teensy veins. "

I would not only warn the nurse, but specifically ask for the most experienced phlebotomist in the joint. "Because I know my veins are difficult to find, would it be possible..."

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 2:35 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

OMG. . . ANOTHER ONE?!?!? 

KILL THIS THREAD!!! 

BabySono-1-1-1.jpg picture by Belle1974

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

Oh Robelle. Sweet sweet Robelle. If you only knew LOL. Another one - yes. And another,and another,and another. It bleeds all over the damn place actually. Its like Wheres Waldo? Try and find the Trainwreck threads and put them in sequential order. LOL. Ready? GO!!!! Have fun.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

LOL Kelley, I can't believe I have read this ENTIRE thread AND the other one and I am SOOO ready for some chocolate cake right now (only because I can't have a drink)!  I think I'll pass!!!  Stick a fork in me cuz I am done!!!

BabySono-1-1-1.jpg picture by Belle1974

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine