Oh no! Getting my period the day before my wedding!!

Online Users: 1,257 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

nevertoolate Posts : 17 Registered: 6/5/08
Oh no! Getting my period the day before my wedding!!
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 10:31 AM

I was just counting days and realized I'm in trouble! I'm getting married on September 6th. We're actually TTC so going on the pill (even for a short time) isn't an option for me. 

Has anyone dealt with this???  I guess my fiance will be ok with it, (he really doesn't have a choice) but I was really looking forward to "being together"  on our wedding night as husband and wife :(

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Re: Oh no! Getting my period the day before my wedding!!
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

i know what you mean - ive been about 2-3 days early for the last 2... if it keeps up like that, ill be getting it the day of my wedding ><

im really hoping i either get it earlier or later, as the first 2 days of mine are the worst. 

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

That's a good question, I might start around my day too. Birth controll isn't an option either. My tubes are tied so getting pregnate isn't the problem.  FH is bumbed out thinking there just might not be Play" that night. 

NANETTE' & JAMES

TO BE UNITIED AS ONE SEPTEMBER 27, 2008 

CUTE

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: nanette927

My girlfriend suggested doing "it" in the shower, but that's not really the type of night that I had envisioned! 

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

I could be dense, but what does TTC mean?

Why not talk to your doctor? He might be able to suggest something?

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

TTC=Trying To Conceive

I suppose I could speak to my dr., but offhand I can't thing of anything that would suppress my period without a chance of long-term affects. It took several months for my cycle to become regular when I quit the pill, and time is of the essence because I'm 43!!
I guess I'll just have to make the best of it?!

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

I don't know if this would help.  In my younger stupid days I had intercourse without a condom or the pill so I was very scared of being pregnant so I went to the hospital and the gave me the morning after pill.  It makes you period come faster within a day or two so my suggestion is go to your doctor or the hospital and tell them you had unprotected sex and you don't want to get pregnant.    I know it's a lie but it's the only suggestion I have.

Until I marry my Rockstar!
Message was edited by: bridesrocks

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: bridesrocks

bridesrocks-- I have no idea if your suggestion would help the OP or not... she should probably talk to her doctor, especially since they are ttc and the morning after pill is heavy on the hormones (or so I think).  I just wanted to point out though that I think you can get that pill without a prescription now.  It's behind the counter with the sudafed and such.  

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: bridesrocks

I don't really have any advice for you since you're not on the pill ... if you were on the pill you could skip the "sugar" pills and go straight to the next pack to avoid getting your period but it may mess you up for the following month ... as for getting it off the pill ... the only thing that I can think of is it may not come that day due to wedding stress and so on ...

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

If I have my period and we want to have sex, we usually have it in the shower. You could just try spreading a towel over the bed if you want. Sure, it'll be messy, but will you really care if you're just happy to be married?

Honestly, I wouldn't be worried about messy sex - I think we'd just deal with it that one time. I'd be more worried about being too bloated to fit into my dress, or trying to hold up my dress in the bathroom while trying to change my tampon. (Bet you didn't think of THAT yet, huh?)

Of course, if you're trying to get preggers, there's always the chance that you'll conceive this cycle and you won't get it at all. And there's also a chance that it'll come late or early due to pre-wedding stress and you won't have it on your wedding day after all. I wouldn't stress too much about it. It might not even be an issue - and if it is, you can always work something out.

Honestly, even if you WERE willing to go on BC to avoid the period, I doubt that it would do much good this close to your wedding. I shifted my period by two weeks so that I'd avoid the wedding and honeymoon, and for the first two months with the new cycle dates, I had some serious spotting at my old time of the month anyway. Luckily, it shifted before the wedding, though.

You can always try calling your doctor to see if she knows anything. I'm not a doctor, but my guess is that anything that would make you skip your period probably involves hormones, which you don't want to mess with if you're trying to get pregnant.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

I really don't see any way around it, (unless I'm pregnant now, or get pregnant this month.....). So I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered the same problem and wasn't able to make the most of their wedding night!

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

Hey you're right-I never thought of the bathroom thing!! But...that's what the MOH is for, right?! Yowee!!

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

HLYflute,

I agree she should talk to her doctor first before doing this. 

It's been years that I did this so things probably did change...They always change! :)

Until I marry my Rockstar!

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 1:27 PM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

Well, maybe I'm just not an over the top romantic, but (unless you're a virgin), your wedding night is just another night in a long lifetime of having wonderful sex. Half the brides around here say that by the time the wedding is over, they're too tired to have sex anyway. So, if you're squeamish about having intercourse when you have your period, then you'll have it a couple of days later. And, meanwhile, there are other ways (ahem!) to have fun!

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I'm a regular user of the towel-on-the-bed method during my period. Messy, but still fun. If you're squeamish maybe you could, um, get him close with your mouth and he could finish up inside?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine