The UN-ROMANTIC HUSBAND CLUB

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 202

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Re: The UN-ROMANTIC HUSBAND CLUB
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Crapping in front of him???  eek! I'm with Kelley... I have to have the door closed whenever I'm in the bathroom and he knows to wait until I'm outta the shower even if he just has to go pee... I'm weird, I know. But I definitely like to keep all bathroom stuff behind a closed door with no one inside but me.  And ya, I'm also one of those girls that won't fart in front of him.

Funny story...  We had been dating for over 4 years and I had never farted in front of him.  Well, this particular night I was hanging out at his parent's house with him (like usual) and we were kinda wrestling.  He pinned my legs over my head (I was laying on my back) and without warning a very loud one came out.  I was mortified!!! He ran around the house laughing while his parents kept asking what he was laughing at.  He laughed so hard for practically 5 minutes and finally managed to say "Ashley farted!!!" Needless to say, the whole family started laughing and I ran out of the house crying and drove home.  LOL... The following week I saw the Sex and the City episode where Carrie farted in bed with Big and I laughed hysterically!

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thank goodness you thought of this Kelley, now on to the requirements let's see:

A. You are married (all who are engaged to be married can also join/post and become OFFICIALLY inducted once they marry.)

Check.

B. Your husband is not romantic at all.

Well he has his moments of ridiculousness which could be interpreted as cute, I think of them this way out of sheer desperation, but to the rest of the free world he wins me a "Check."

C. You are jealous and/or envious of all other wives out there whose husbands apparently send them flowers at the drop of a hat "for no apparent reason" - buy them cards or leave cute little notes on the mirror or fridge - call during the day just to say how much they miss you - and other nauseating things to express their love.

Double Check.

And I love how it has been A,B,C, and then randomly 4 Lol.

4. You mock men who are romantic but in actuality - you are just a tad bitter about it because in theend - you realize that your nonromantic husband is probably never going to change.

I try not to let other people clue in on my bitterness but...."Check."

Glad that your DH's proposal was at least romantic Kelley that sounds really beautiful (:

Mine however was a rushed and flustered "Would you hold onto this for me?" as he opened his hand to show me the ring (the ring itself had extra importance as it was his father's wedding band from his marriage to DH's late mother so I knew what a precious heirloom it was when he asked me to have it) and then he had to quickly rush out the door cause my parents had already reminded him twice just how late it was and how they wanted him to leave, yes I was living at home at the time....ugh.

In actuality though I can't really complain about my proposal because it was very "him" and anytime I think about it I pretty much melt, just thinking of the look of sheer joy and nervousness on his face when he said those words...........see I'M a romantic, why can't HE be too???

When we were dating he would do little cute things for me but they were mostly due to the fact that he knew how romantic I was. On our 3 month anniversary (and just to let everyone know we were rather serious from the get go about our relationship so it's not like we were still just casually dating at 3 months) we were gonna end up being apart because he had to work all day and I was going to be working all night and he wanted to get to bed early for work the next day.  I had my period at the time and for some reason was ULTRA emotional that day and was upset we weren't even gonna talk that day so when I got home from work he was there at my house with flowers and a cake with sparklers in it that they lit and we blew out together.  I thought that was sweet.  But this was at the BEGINNING of our relationship and he had consulted with my mom as to how to cheer me up so the ideas weren't really original in his head Lol.  But like I said I grasp at straws trying to interpret romance somewhere.

But since we've been married I think he has gotten me flowers once and it wasn't on our anniversary it was because I was feeling really low at a particular time and he wanted to cheer me up so I will give him that.

But for our one year anniversary I wanted it to be romantic and sweet because it NEVER comes again.  Your ONE YEAR anniversary is a ONE TIME thing.  So I wanted to go for dinner and talk about silly romantic stuff and reminisce and exchange gifts that day and then feed each other a piece of the top of our wedding cake we had saved.

This is how the day played out:

1)  We exchanged gifts 5 days early because he didn't want to try and find a place to hide my gift from me, even though I had already been hiding his gift for a week.  He got me a digital camera, which I did love because my old one was a piece of crap.  But no card, no flowers, nothing else.  I thought maybe on the day of our anniversary a card or flowers might appear but nope.  And he knows how important just cards are to me.  I would rather a written card alone than a gift and no card.

2)  The day of our anniversary he accepts, without even consulting me first, an invitation from his grandparents, whom I can't stand as she is the nosiest, bossiest woman alive, to go out for dinner with them for our anniversary.  Okay, this is one day, one day that is kind of ours' why can't you let us have it????  I would have gladly gone out for dinner with them and tolerated her the next day and they could still say they were taking us out for our anniversary but no they asked to take us out the day of and he said yes!!!  And when I was completely dumbfounded that he did that he couldn't understand what I thought was wrong with that!!!  So we sat around listening to his grandma gab and I don't think we really once had an actual conversation the two of us at dinner.  Oh and his sister came along as well because his grandparents hadn't seen her in a while either so they wanted to kill two birds with one stone.  Yeah.  Nice romantic dinner just like I wanted and had TOLD DH I wanted.

3)  When we went over to my parents' place as they were the ones that froze our top tier since we didn't have a deep freeze, he proceeded to plop down on a couch that 2 or 3 other people were already sitting on and where there was no room for me to sit down next to him at all.  He didn't do this on purpose he just never thinks of these kinds of things.  We don't always sit RIGHT next to each other on other occasions we visit my folks so why not sit on opposite couches today?  he must think.  And then when we finally get to have our cake he doesn't want to cut it and complains when I ask him to come up and cut it with me like we did on our wedding day.  "Why can't someone else do it?  Why can't just you do it if it's important to you?"  And when I suggested we feed each other some like we did the day of he wouldn't do that at all but instead complained again "Why?" and just served himself a piece of cake on a plate and started to eat it.  My very unromantic dad backed him up on this one with an echoing "Why?" as well that didn't help at all.

4)  We finally get home and are alone for once on our anniversary and he is tired and so we just go to sleep like any other day:  Me lying there awake still thinking and trying to at least have ONE meaningful conversation with him for the day and him complaining that he's tired and had just almost fell asleep when I started talking.  He then proceeded to just roll back over and within seconds he falls asleep and starts snoring, leaving me to ponder why on earth I married an unromantic.

Sounds like a great anniversary huh?  I am so in this club.

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

And I win the award of longest post in the whole stinking universe....again.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

And I love how it has been A,B,C, and then randomly 4 Lol.

I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE THAT STAR!!! Thats hilarious!!! LOL.

And yes that was a long post. But I did read all of it. And you definately belong in this Club. Welcome Aboard!

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

ooo ooo ooo i want to join! i'm married and have an unromantic husband who in fact thinks he's way romantic. i only get flowers when i'm either A: mad at him or B: infuriated with him and i only get presents on my birthday and christmas and its always something i need not want. 

get this yesterday i'm at work and he texts me and says "i have a present for you!" i was so excited and thought about it all day, i get home and he hand me a floppy disk i left in his car and says "here's your present" so disappointing!  

i will give him this one though - he was going out of town for 2 weeks for a business trip for the first time and i was way sad and kept telling him how hard it would be. when i got home from work he had left flowers and a card on the table that said, "when you read this i'll already be on the plane, i just want to let you know taht i love you and will miss you" so i guess i has his moments even if they're rare are far between.  

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

DH surprised me with a dozen roses yesterday when I got home from work...and they're dead already. $10 bouquet from Wal Mart but it's the though that counts, right?!?!? 

SmileSee our wedding slideshow at: http://www.josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer/

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

DH surprised me with a dozen roses yesterday when I got home from work...and they're dead already. $10 bouquet from Wal Mart but it's the though that counts, right?!?!? 

HEY - how did SHE get in here with her Romantic Tales of Roses for NO APPARENT REASON?? SECURITY!!!! LOL.

Im sooo freakin jealous. Yeah Walmart Roses are better than NO roses at all.

Savex Welcome! MY Dh does the SAME thing with gifts. Its always stuff I need or practical stuff or things like a DVD or CD which is great sometimes but how about a sweet romantic gift? I actually like when we take each other somewhere as a gift,which I always suggest to him when my Bday is coming up. Ill say "Why dont you surprise me by taking me somewhere? Plan a night out for us" and he goes"Where should I take you?" AAAHH!!!!! Im not going to TELL you!!! THats the whole point - that YOU plan it!!!! And again I do this ALL THE TIME. I will get us tickets for a Bdway show or a Yankee game, US Open etc -something I know he would love -and Ill just give them to him as a surprise. If I didnt take the initiative to do those things, WE WOULD NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE!!! No joke. 

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Message was edited by: kelleyiskelley

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

***sigh*** Count me in!!

My hubby used to be way so romantic...over the top! Not even going to write about it...it will make me cry.  Now-a-days, nada, zilch NOTHING!!...I thought for sure his proposal would be uper duper romantic(I knew all about it from my best friend)...It was sooo boring...wow, no magic there!!

I got a blender for my b-day, Yes, I needed a blender...but this is coming from someone who LIVES for b-days!! A Blender??!!

***sigh***

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

we're the same way kelley! i love to be surprised so i hint about planning some romantic trip or dinner, he never does. i usually dont even get to go out on my birthday, i still make dinner like every night. i guess i'm just the romantic one in my relationship sigh

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

........thought that might, just MIGHT qualify me a LITTLE bit.....

**tiptoeing out....**

SmileSee our wedding slideshow at: http://www.josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer/

Prsnfd Posts : 8 Registered: 1/23/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ahh...Presents.......sigh

For my sweethearts Birthday (it being the last one as a Bachelor) I searched High and low for a Wii and managed to find one 3 times the normal price....I hid it for weeks and then gave it to him on his birthday! which he loved, and then we set it up and had tons of fun playing

Then a couple of Months later comes my Birthday. The day before he asks "what do you want for a Present?' ...wth!! did I ask you that Q.....so I said "don't ask me that ...surprise me" BIG MISTAKE 

Next day (my last birthday as a single girl) he gives me drum roll please a Video Converter!!!!! ...

I dont know what it does, how it sets up or where I am going to use it........might I add..not being used!

So much for a Romantic suprise!

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

is it sad that last week, while waiting in the check out at walmart, i noticed they had a thing of roses for like $12.99 in the floral case and quietly wished he'd bring me flowers?

what's funny is, if i see something i like and can afford it, ill buy it for myself. one time, i went shopping with my mom and sis, and found this really pretty bracelet for like $10 so i bought it. I get home and he's like 'why'd you buy that?' and i told him cuz i wanted to and was like "hey! if you give me the money for it, we can say you bought it for me!" yeah... he didn't go for that idea... so i bought a new watch online too cuz the one he got me, well... i probably shoulda tried it on cuz i have tiny wrists and the one he got me isn't adjustable (it's a mesh wire band) so i can't make a quick fix to it and i hate having it sliding around on my wrist. so i bought another one i liked that has links that i can take out to make it fit much better. again he was like "why'd you get that?" so i told him and again added that if he wanted to give me the money for it, we could say he gave it to me... but nope, he didn't wanna do that!

grrrrrr 

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Hehe...we were at the grocery store over the weekend and I noticed some interesting-looking flowers. (Much nicer looking than most grocery store flowers). I got ALL EXCITED when DH hobbled in that direction and said, 'Ooo - what's this?' But alas...he was looking at the display of store brand Vitamin Water BEHIND the pretty flowers.

And with him being hurt and stuck at home going stircrazy, you'd think he'd have some time to write me love letters or pack my lunch or something nice like that! (Actually, he normally packs both our lunches...but that's because I forget to pack my own until I'm ready to go out the door and then whine that having to pack my lunch makes me late). Anyway...I'm trying to convince myself that it's incredibly romantic that he finished the thank-you notes and sent them out (yes, the ones that he forgot to do 3 months ago, and then asked me last week whether they had ever been done) without me having to ask him more than once.

So Kelley, can I be in the club? You never said whether I qualify. I'm just going to assume that I do, despite my participation in the farting conversation that grossed you out so much.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Yes Art - I shall allow you to be a member LOL. Even though Im jelaous that at one point,your DH WAS romantic. Mine never was lol. Ill just live vicariously through others.

And PRS you crack me up. All your posts in here are so funny.

We are members of COSTCO and they have really nice flowers there. Everytime we pass them I make a comment like "Wow those are REALLY nice flowers arent they hon?" "Huh? Yup- right right." Grrrrr. He will never get it. For such a smart man sometimes he can be really really dumb.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Whenever my hubby goes to any meeting or gathering -- he frequently goes to events at our old law school to talk up the school to accepted students -- he brings me flowers.  Why?  Because he takes the centerpieces after the event is done.

So whenever he comes home from with a pretty vase and flowers, I know he must have had an event to go to that day.  Thoughtful!

Anyways, I know I have no business here. . .but I have to say, any of you who never get flowers/notes/special phone calls but DO get someone who does the dishes, vacuums, or folds the laundry -- YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

Flowers don't clean.  Oh, how I wish that they did.

Okay, I'll let y'all be now.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine