The UN-ROMANTIC HUSBAND CLUB

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 202

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: The UN-ROMANTIC HUSBAND CLUB
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:06 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ummm could we please stop talking about FARTS? Im starting to feel nauseus and sick to my stomach over here. I cant believe how many of you put up with this issue. My DH does not do this and I could NOT take it if he did. This isnt the fart thread ,enough with the farts already!!!! LOL.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:53 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

FART. Oops.

FutureMrsKelley Posts : 3 Registered: 12/29/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 2:01 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Tim totally belongs to this club- or rather I do. He has done some really cute stuff. But considering we've technically known each other 10 years (even though 4 1/2 of those we were apart) his romantic side was much stronger when he was 16. He has done a few really nice things since we got back together, but having our daughter kind of puts a damper on things. I got a really romantic love letter about a year ago. For valentines day i got a really cool gift but he was away on business so it kind of cancelled the gift out because I would rather have had nothing and hung out with him that night instead! I'd be okay with the unromanticism (not a word but who gives a poop LOL) if I didn't hear stories from his mom or other people about these really cool cute little romantic and creative things he had done for random ex gf's - not even serious gf's- random girls he was trying to impress LOL. One of these days, he's going to bring me home flowers......probably not but I'm hoping if I put it out into the universe it will come back smelling like the peonies my bridal bouquet was supposed to be made of!!! LOL.

KristenCool

When is my wedding

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:48 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKelley

LOL FutureMrsKelley, I know exactly what you mean! FH and I have been friends for over 10 years now... back in the day he used to write me these cute little love poems back in jr high and even several years ago he used to write really good poetry... but he hasn't written anything like that in years!

It's like I know he's capable of being a romantic guy cuz I've seen him do it in the past, but for whatever reason he doesn't do it anymore... ><

at least he didn't propose the same way his dad did to his mom, while they were sitting on the couch...
Him: "So we should probably set a date..."
Her: "Date for what?"
Him: "For the wedding, of course!"
Her: "Did you just propose?"

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

MissyF Posts : 275 Registered: 9/23/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 9:25 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I wouldn't say that my husband is un-romantic (he just has a different variety of romance than the classic guy), but I will openly admit to being annoyed with couples I know where the guy LAVISHES gifts and surprises on his lady. It's not the gestures that bother me, it's the flaunting of money. I mean, maybe all of our husbands would give us the world IF THEY COULD AFFORD IT. But the vast majority of us newlyweds are pinching pennies, so a Mac'N'Cheese dinner is as romantic as it gets sometimes. Even flowers can be pretty expensive, especially if you have a favorite. Anyway, even if we did have the moolah, I think I'd be weirded out if my husband was buying me diamonds and cruise tickets all the time.... I'd probably get suspicious and ask him why he's trying to buy my love.

Woman to my man. Slave to my budget.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 9:31 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Haha...quick question. Does anyone else have an unromantic husband who THINKS that he's romantic? Mine does.

He really was pretty romantic when we first started dating. Now, not so much. I used to get random flowers and cute (small) presents for no reason. He'd write WONDERFUL notes when he'd get me a card. Now, not so much! I get flowers maybe once a year, if that. He does call me pretty frequently when I'm at work, but it's usually for a reason, even if the reason is nothing more than, 'I'm bored. How's your day going?' We email back and forth when we're at work, which is fun...but not cute love notes, it's usually more funny stuff, when it's not, 'Can you buy milk on your way home?'

I do love that he doesn't feel like he HAS to do romantic stuff to impress me or to make me love him or whyever men do romantic stuff....but it bugs me that he's usually TOTALLY UNROMANTIC, but he still thinks that he's romantic. Every time I say something about it, he'll say, 'What are you talking about? I'm totally romantic - I get you random flowers all the time!' Yeah - EIGHT YEARS AGO! Where are my random flowers NOW???

And just to gross Kelley out some more, he's also a farter. And I do fart in front of him (doesn't seem fair that for him to fart and me to have to hold it in or run to the bathroom), but I don't fart like he does. Honestly, I think men in general must have some sort of digestive problems, because their farts are SO GROSS!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 9:32 AM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

PS. I was trying to figure out where the fart topic came from. Hi, Iheart! LOL to your topic. I have to say, I'd originally intended never to do such a thing, but I was thwarted early in our relationship: we'd been dating two weeks when we visited Germany on a study abroad trip: the diet of meat, pretzels, potatoes, and no fruit or veggies did not sit well with me, and the poor fella (along with some other friends) had to support me all the way back to the hostel, with me crying and stopping every few minutes. He was being all sympathetic, and then he said, "You really just need to fart." I cracked up laughing in spite of the pain.

Anyway, I try not to, but sometimes it just happens. He's the WORST, though. I mean, he doesn't even try to avoid or hide it. And then he blames it on barking spiders. Strange man. 

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: MissyF

HEY MISSY! Haha, for sure there are times you just can't help it. But I just can't ever see myself just lounging on the couch and letting one rip. Just not my style :) 

Okay, Kelley---I am SOOOOOO SORRY I hijacked this thread and turned it into a farting topic!!!! You have full reign to do that to me when I start a thread next... just no farting--we've already done that here! :) 

SmileSee our wedding slideshow at: http://www.josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer/

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 9:48 AM Go to message in response to: Prsnfd

I think you people need to start your own FART THREAD. Since you are all soooo obsessed with the disgusting topic. Bleh!:)

PRS your story made me laugh. Nice proposal LOL. Yes you qualify - your post made me laugh too Kitty. Flowers ONCE in ten years. That is pretty pathetic lol. My DH AT LEAST does get me flowers on my bday and Valentines Day - he just isnt very imaginative at all - he does the same exact thing each time lol.

and Missy - (I think it was you) its NOT about money or flowers or lavishing me with gifts. Id actually be uncomfortable with that. No. For me - being romantic is being spontaneous - saying "Hey I made plans for us this afternoon" and taking control and taking me outside across the street for a picnic in the park. Or writing a sweet card and sending it through the mail even though we live together. Or a voicemail saying Hey I miss you today. Or cute funyn things too - making me breakfast in bed, stuff like that. And again - I ONLY need these things once in awhile, not all the time. But I dont get them EVER. And It is something I crave and really want in my relationship. I just really believe that spontaneity and romance is part of what keeps couples happy. You cant just get in a rut and start treating each other like roommates, ya know? Thats what I DONT ever want in my marriage. So for my part, I try to keep things alive by doing little things and finding ways to let him know I love him, I care etc. Be a little creative. I just really need that and honestly the TINIEST thing would make me smile and be happy for days. It doesnt take much AT ALL. Thats why I dont get why he doesnt just do it because it would make me so happy if he did. Clueless LOL.

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hi Kelley, I just wanted to say that if it sounded like I was accusing you of being materialistic or shallow, that was not my intent at all, and I am so, so sorry if it came off that way! I knew exactly what you meant about being sincerely romantic, monetary issues aside. I think I just had a very specific couple (friends of ours) in mind, in which the guy has A LOT of money for his age, so he tends to throw it at his girlfriend. It's a very particular case, and I don't believe I've seen anyone on this board (except the Crazy Money Girl who started the shopping thread, remember her?) who I would say is in a similar situation. Again, my apologies if I failed to communicate my actual meaning.

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: MissyF

since we got a dog my DH blames his farts on the dog!!  I will give him credit though as sometimes it is the dog BUT not when the dog is acrosss the room and the smell originated at the couch!!

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

Hehe...I accuse DH of having stinky dog farts. We don't even have a dog. I have NEVER noticed a cat fart. Do they?

Sorry Kelley, but I'm incredibly juvenile when it comes to the subject of farting. I still think farting is pretty funny. I could do without the stinky husband farts, but I giggle incessently every time the subject of farting comes up.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: MissyF

Okay I tried Ladies I really tired, BUT I just have to post!

See when we met and for the first year it was all about me and my needs, practicly the red carpet treatment....SUCKER! All of a sudden slowly but surely BOOM! It happend, I lost him somewhere between the most gooshy romantic man in the world to your everyday Joe Shmo. LOL.

Going on three years, and it seems like we've been together forever.  Not in a bad way.

I am so with all of you ladies and the FART thing tho! REALLY NOW! since when "is it okay" to do that????? I'm 40 and I still run to the bathroom to let it out! But him OMFG! it's like musturd gas or something! LOL. And the "bedroom" romance, Ha! "it's Kissies?" or lets "play". Or "PINCH" the boob thing?!?!? WTF is that supposed to do?? I'm still wonder where is the man that touched carressed and made out with me for over an hour before we "played". S I G H =) Anyhoot, it's okay tho..I'm know I'm not  as much a tiger there as I was before, lol we've talked about it and said "AHH , at least we are at it 3 x's or more a week"  But once in a while we still get a lil "freaky" and it's pretty wild.  I once told him that flowers were a waist of money. Stupid me! lol.... so when I do get them it means a hell of alot.

His proposal was the most romatnic thing ever! to me at least.. it's was Christmas Eve after my BIG family dinner! And the only ones that knew were my kids.

Anyhow, I can't wait to hear more about the "GUY'S" so let it rip GIRLS! ..and I don't mean farting! ..LOL    

NANETTE' & JAMES

TO BE UNITIED AS ONE SEPTEMBER 27, 2008 

CUTE

ginmal Posts : 396 Registered: 1/11/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I am the complete opposite Iheart...LOL. I fart, belch (and I am quite the belcher...I put a many men to shame) and I also have no problem crapping in front of my DH. We have been together for 8 years, and I am sorry but EVERYONE farts. If me farting will change my DH's (or anyone elses) perspective of me then I just find that sad. Everyone burps, farts, shits, pee's...etc. I am just as human as anyone else, and I will be damned if I am going tohold in painful gas to attempt to appear more "lady-like".

I have actually met a girl (a few of them) that tell me they NEVER have farted. And even a few who have tried to tell me they do not shit....Um, yeah, right.

Yes Kel- Flowers and a card within a week from eachother...can you believe it???? I am and still am a bit shocked. But, I doubt that will last for very long...you know. I am sure he is set in his ways of being un-romantic and all. But, a girl can have hopes and dreams right??

Bless your own day, leave mine alone!Innocent

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Okay we have now gone from farting to CRAPPING LOL. Gin - Its not even about DH for me, its just gross. To me. Im the type of person who closes the bathroom door WHEN IM HOME ALONE! I also give MYSELF a courtesy flush because I just find it disgusting and cant sit in there with that smell. Im weird I know, but I will NEVER be comfortable pooping or peeing or farting or anything like that in front of DH or ANYONE for that matter. Its just a private thing tome, which is why Id like to stop discussing it before I get sick LOLOL... I have a very weak stomache and this is all making me sick so I beg of you all plllleeasssssssseeee stop talking about poop and farts and other gross bodily function things!!!! Im about to Gag LOL.

Our best friends got married 2 months before us. The husband , my friend Kevin, is soooo cute and romantic with his wife. Its actually touching. He does the most creative things. For their first year Wedding Anniversary, he had a Video made of him lipsyncing The Beatles When Im 64 and it was totally professional loking - I gotta find it and post here. It was sooo cool and so sweet. I love stuff like that. Now I dont expect DH to be THAT creative but at LEAST TRY!!!! Make an Attempt!!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine