The UN-ROMANTIC HUSBAND CLUB

Online Users: 1,243 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 202

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: The UN-ROMANTIC HUSBAND CLUB
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: ginmal

Gin youre kidding me!! Roses AND a card?? On two seperate days? WOW. Ummm yeah that would NEVER Happen to me. Ever. But maybe perhaps there is a glimmer of hope - if your unromantic DH can after all this time do something like that - than perhaps there is hope for a Better tomorrow. Sniff sniff.

Yeha my DH says that about flowers too "Theyre just gonna die." Uh huh. And so are you! But I love you anyway.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ok, I know I can't officially be a member yet... but my FH has no concept of romance either.  His idea of romance is calling and asking "what are we having for dinner tonight? I'll go to the grocery store while you're at class so you can make dinner."  To clarify- the romantic/nice gesture is him going to the store while I'm in class until 8 pm so that I can make us (*cough* him *cough*) dinner. 

And the farting... oh geez the farting... Honestly, between how often the bathroom stinks and the farting all around that house sometimes I feel like I have to leave in order to keep my food down.  Oh yea, and he farts first thing in the morning and says "aaahhhhh... good morning hunny".  Makes me want to vomit.

So, have I achieved "trial member" status???

=D

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Ashley Im proud to say that YES you qualify for trial membership status LOL. Seroiusly - all you girls who have the FARTING Dhs, I do not know how you put up with that. Thank GOD thats one thing DH is really good about. I mean - hes not one of those men who thinks its funny or okay to just fart all the time. THANK GOD because if he was I would NOT put up with that. Im totally not kidding. That is f'ing disgusting and would be a COMPLETE turnoff and moodkiller for me and I wouldnt even be attracted to him if he did that. Its just GROSS!!! I would yell and turn into a major bitch if my DH did that purosely and didnt care. Its NOT cute or funny. Its just rude and sick and STINKS and oh man - that would not go over well in my house LOL.

DAmmit now I cant remember who said the stuff aboutthe T-shirts and the Monster Trucks etc. Sorry - cant see the names while I reply, but YES YES YES you qualify too. Thats freakin hilarious!!! Thats unromantic AND tacky LOL. Poor thing:( lol.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Love it! My coworker (who is not married but in a serious relationship) and I had this EXACT same conversation this morning.  She is upset because she has been dropping hints (and sending emails) about concerts she wants to go to and since her birthday is coming up, thought it might make a good present. 

DH is not completely unromantic, he has sent flowers on two occasions - Valentines day when we had a long distance relationship, and thanking me for taking care of him when he broke his back.  He's not into suprises, b/c he can't keep them.  He's never successfully suprised me (proposal included, although I let him think I was) but he's just not good at hiding it.

He also farts, but usually when we're walking or something and he makes sure I am not downwind (how romantic).  We were at a cookout with a group of friends the other day and he was ripping them, good lord.  He never really did it like this until we were married.  How romantic.  On the otherhand our two dogs can stink out a room so luckily DH doesn't outstink the two dogs.   

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: uno

I know this is semi-off topic, but I have to ask because this is a HUGE deal to me.

Do y'all ever fart in front of your husbands??? Call me old-fashioned, but I will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER do that (if I can help it!). I just think all the romance is lost (as well as mutual respect) when you're at a level of thinking that's okay to do in front of each other. Granted, if it's an accident that's a totally different story.... But, I still want my DH to think of me in a certain way, and farting definitely doesn't add a level of gracefulness! 

Anyway, call me crazy but that's just something I can NEVER do! Of course maybe that'll change once I pop out a few kids and totally let myself go. :) JK :) 

SmileSee our wedding slideshow at: http://www.josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer/

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

I may have accidentally or silently let one get by, but I try not to.  I'll go into the RR.  But this weekend, we went to an outdoor concert and I had some cold nachos...GROSS...and they gave me gas pains so bad I could barely walk.  I talked about them all weekend long, and told him if I had to do it, then he was just gonna hafta deal with it.

"And there you go!!" Said the ULTIMATE old hag...

I'm fresh out of tickers.  Kiss

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

lurking

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

As far as the unromantic stuff goes...well, that would be my DH. LOL. The most romantic thing I think he has done is the night he proposed. He fixed me dinner and bought wine, lit candles on the table, it was all very sweet. Until he opened the freezer to get the wine out, he had put it in there to chill some the night before, it had frozen and burst the bottle. There was wine on everything! Then he gave me a silk flower. A, as in one. After that he was taking me home in my car, and we hit a deer.  Yeah.  Then a couple of months later, we decided to pretend we were going on out on a "first date" and he was late, but brought me the same silk flower again.

Someone mentioned a birthday card. I have to tell a story on my dad. A few years ago, (while I was in High School), my dad came home from work and asked me if I had wished my mom a happy birthday. I told him no, and he walked on through the house and went to the bathroom. When he came back out he asked me why I hadn't told her happy birthday. I told him it was because today was his anniversary and mom's birthday wasn't for another two weeks. He had bought her a birthday card and everything. Mom was just happy that he remembered that day was special for some reason!

Prsnfd Posts : 8 Registered: 1/23/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hi,

I have been lurking for a long time sigh mostly coz I did not have a typical wedding 

Anyway.... I just got married a couple of months back..and it took this thread to get me to write

My DH's proposal went something like this

us in the car, him dropping me to work

DH: Hey wanna marry me?

Me: WHT!!

DH: Yes or no

Me: Yes confused & shocked look

DH: good, now here is ur work , bye!!!

So there u go that was my proposal..and Yes he is an engineer..all Logic no emotion (surprising though he is really considerate and sweet...but NOT romantic :()

So do I qualify for a trial membership?

Message was edited by: Prsnfd

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

Hey-I'm married and really happy with my semi-romantic husband but I just HAVE to agree word for word with you iheart! I will make an excuse to leave the room!

He he I can't even stand THAT "F" word! 

Linda Jo and Dean July 19, 2008

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I got flowers ONCE.  We're going on ten years.  ONCE!!! 

No daily phone calls/text.

No cards.

No whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

No massages.

No planned-getaway-anything.

Flatulence issue (a man thing I'm sure).

No sweet love notes.

Uh....at this point, I would die from some type of coronary problem if hubby did something romantic. 

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Ahhh....the sweet topic of farts....what such a sweet smell! 

I'm trying to break DH's habit of burping when he is around me & at times he doesn't even excuse himself......So I tried to teach him a lesson....I started to...um..ya know...pass gas...Do you think it would stop him for burping so loudly....My dad is the same way...so now, when he burps, my response is "just like daddy" and sign.....

btw...he does get grossed out at time with the passing of gas.

The La Kickin' Loosers are gonna kick everyone out of our way of reaching the top prize, so watch out!

DutchBride Posts : 118 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 10:21 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

My FH buys me flowers once a year, if I am lucky.  His excuse is 'they just die'.  WTF?  I'm just going to die, too and so will he if he doesn't get his act together.  Hah.  I loooove my FH but he isn't spontaneous or romantic at all.  I knew that when I said yes, though.  Grawr.

I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & that the Eskimos has a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me when you sleep & there are no words for that -Brian Andreas

trixy612 Posts : 46 Registered: 11/5/07
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

Well, I've been with my FH for 7 years, engaged since November. I'm in the same boat. as you. I call him, he doesn't call me. I've gotten flowers twice. Carnations for our first anniversary. I complained enough about flowers so he did surprise me this Valentine's Day. No get aways. I want anything romantic, I do it myself. 

As for the passing of gas, I've learn to give it right back. LOL. Doesn't like it on some days, but hey, pay back is a bitch! 

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

you're lucky - he'll blech and not excuse himself. he prides himself on the fact that he can blech louder than his other 4 brothers - it's kinda gross, lol... he burped really loud at the buffet lunch with his family a few weeks ago... his dad was a little grossed out! LOL...

as for me farting in front of him... i have and i do, but mine aren't nearly as loud or as potent as his - most of the time you can't even hear mine, let alone smell em unless you're trying to! LOL... my BM that's getting married last week said that you know things are good in your relationship if you're not afraid or embarrassed to fart in front of your man... granted, i doubt she meant fart loud and such enough to make the man pass out from it, but im sure you get what i mean, lol... 

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine