BC recommendations?

Online Users: 1,310 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 24

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Re: BC recommendations?
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: DCTexan

DCTexan - Not to disagree but having your period has a lot more to do than "only useful if you are trying to have a baby." Lots of hormones go along with having your period.

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

PALMETTOMOON Posts : 532 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: DCTexan

Thank you Texan for clearing up some myths floating around out there. 

Depo is an absolutely safe and effective method...and while longterm use MIGHT cause a decrease in bone density, it is easily countered by taking a calcium supplement...something we could all benefit from anyway.  And, no, your period serves no purpose except to tell you that you are not pregnant when your progesterone and estrogen levels drop...this is accepted medical fact.   

The IUD had previously not been used on women who had not been pregnant because insertion of the device would be more uncomfortable, since their cervix had never dilated.  This limitation has actually now been dropped. 

Remember, each woman will react differently to the various methods of BC, positive or negative.  You need to choose one that fits with your lifestyle, your schedule, and your body...not always the one that works for your friend.  If all your friends are on the pill, but you can't remember to take yours everyday, well, you need to choose a different method...otherwise, you might as well not be taking anything at all.

www.mywedding.com/lizandkevin

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: PALMETTOMOON

I am also a depo user and a big fan. The potential bone loss problem can also be compensated by doing resistance exercise to build up your bones. I would recommend this to all women regardless of b/c as muscles decrease as we age if they are not exercised properly, which also leads to the slowin of the. Bone density decreases without adequate calcium and weight baring exercise.

Prior to my taking the depo I was in a severe car accident that left me with lower back problems and when I would get my period the pain in my back was so bad I felt like i was being stabbed. I do not miss that sensation at all.

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

should read "which also leads to the slowing of the metabolism". poor typing skills not a result of b/c! lol.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Today, my ob-gyn told me that my period served no real purpose.  the nurse I was talking to ahead of time said "obviously, you're an intelligent person and you know you don't have to go through with a period if you don't want to be pregnant."

When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

www.chrisandsarah2008.net

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 2:21 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I know someone who got pregnant while on an IUD.  So you never know.

I'm a pill girl.  It really isn't that hard to remember to take a pill once a day.  Almost all of my friends are on the pill...and none of them are pregnant :P  (Only those off of the pill are pregnant)

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 6:40 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

A-Line Sweetheart Neckline One-Shoulder Strap with Ruffles and Split on teh Skirt Floor Length Zipper Chiffon prom dress
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $129.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-sweetheart-neckline-oneshoulder-strap-with-ruffles-and-split-on-teh-skirt-floor-length-zipper-chiffon-prom-dress-p-31970.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4912 is just $359.99.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4912 is just $359.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine