I'm Married!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
I'm Married!!!
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 11:48 AM

Hey everyone!

We got married on July 12 in Troy, MO. Everything went better than I had hoped, considering all the drama with our family and friends this last year!

On Thursday (July 10) we did a lot of running and decorated the hall. It took 6 hours, but we finished it and I was SO happy with how it turned out! We had originally wanted to use green at the recpetion, but changed our minds at the last minute and went with a white, silver, and pale pink color scheme. It turned out SO much better than the green would have!! The whole room looked magical!

Friday was really busy. My mom insisted on doing one last family picture before I got married. And no, we couldn't do it after the wedding. So we got pictures done in the morning, and then my sister and I ran around doing some last minute things until my out of town BM and her hubby arrived. After they arrived, we all jumped in my car and met my MIL at my studio to pick up a piano for the ceremony. After that, we went and picked up the last two GM gifts that had been getting engraved, made sure we had everything to decorate the chapel, and went to the rehearsal. The rehearsal (once it got started) went really quickly and smoothly, and then we went downstairs to eat. The dinner was really informal, but really fun at the same time. Everyone loved the food and we got a chance to talk and chill for awhile. After the rehearsal, DH went off to track down his out of town friends who had gotten lost on their way to town, and we stayed at the chapel to decorate. During the decorating, we realized we needed more candles, so we went to buy dripless candles, only to discover that nobody had any!!! So we ended up buying regular candles and two sheets of plexiglass to put on the carpet under the candleabras. So after a bit of running, we met my DH and his GM and his out of town guests at my ILs house and ate the rest of the rehearsal dinner food (good thing!! we had a TON left over!) and then everyone migrated over to our apartment to hang out. I was midly annoyed because I had about 20 people in my house that I didn't plan on having and I had stuff to do!! So after a couple of hours, I told FH that they all needed to leave. Thankfully, he obliged and promptly kicked everyone out of the apartment. But because he had people over, our playlist for the DJ didn't get finished, and neither did the new directions from the chapel to the hall, which DH said he would take care of!! It was irritating, but thank God for my BMs hubby!!! He really stepped up and helped get stuff done! He and DH got all that done the next morning.

So Saturday morning, I got up at 8, woke my sister up and dyed her hair (it was definitely neccessary!), ran to the store for some breakfast stuff, and then realized that I hadn't gotten my nails done the day before like I planned, so we had to rush around to find someplace that would do it for me! So we found a place, and my sister and my BM went back to the apartment to get all of our stuff so they could pick me up and we could leave. Well, it worked...except for that they went to come get me and couldn't remember where the nail place was!! My poor sister just about went into hysterics! But they found me and I ate my breakfast on the way to the chapel (biscuits and gravy!! my DH makes the best!). So once we got there, I was able to sit right down and get my hair done and from then on, things went smoothly...until I went to get dressed. At that point, we realized that my crinoline was about 30 minutes away at the apartment!! So a friend of mine ran and got it for me--and got pulled over for speeding on the way back!! Fortunately, she explained what was going on to the officer and he let her go without a ticket! So my crinoline got there just in time! Somehow my BMs got it on me without having to take off my dress...don't know how they did it, but they did! lol. My mom got a bunch of funny pictures of that whole ordeal!!

So while my crinoline was being rescued, my DH and I met in the chapel for some pictures by ourselves. Thankfully, the dress looks good both with and without crinoline and since I didn't have to walk for pictures, the photographer just fluffed my dress out and I stood really still so it would stay that way!! But as I walked into the chapel and saw DH all dressed up, I started crying. He just had a big grin on his face (he said I looked beautiful--like a fairytale princess!) and laughed because he didn't understand why I was crying. But he was sweet about it, and stood there making faces at me trying to get me to laugh. :) After we had some pictures by ourselves, we brought in our families and the wedding party for pictures.

So finally, after all that...it was time to walk down the aisle!

Many of you probably know something of the situation with my parents, where my dad had made up his mind not to walk me down the aisle. Well, he changed his mind and asked me on Thursday if he could walk me down. Of COURSE I said yes, and cried like a baby over it!

So we walked down the aisle and ther ceremony began. It wasn't too short, it wasn't too long, the readings and music were beautiful, the vows were perfect...there were absolutely no mishaps!! My sister said she could see DH's face the whole time and she said that it about made her cry because she could just see how much he loves me. I know I almost cried several times during the ceremony, so again, DH stood there making subtly funny faces at me so I wouldn't cry!

Finally it was all done and we were married!! lol.

After the recieving line, we took more pictures and then did all the driving off pictures of us in DH's big truck. During the interval between the ceremony and the reception, we went to the hotel and checked in. Then we went over to the hall, where we took even MORE pictures (DH said he lost his vision completely from all the flashes) and then the recpetion started.

The food and cake were great, the music was really good...everybody had a great time and we didn't want the night to end! But unfortunately, it did. :)

We just kind of chilled on Sunday, visited with the family members that were still in town and finished packing. We left for our honeymoon on Monday, and we got back yesterday.

So that's my wedding story. We had so much fun and my only regret is that the day went by WAY to fast!!

Here's the pictures I have so far--we should be getting more this next weekend.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=138449&l=68b62&id=605385444

love4greys Posts : 396 Registered: 1/22/07
Re: I'm Married!!!
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Congratulations! You looked so beautiful!  I absolutely love the picture of you two outside and you are pulling him by his tie!  Totally cute!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

YOU LOOK GORGEOUS in the picture that DG posted!!! Very pretty with the bubbles ... I will search through the facebook ones later tomorrow when I have more time. Just wanted to say Congrats to you right now though and Im sooo happy your dad walked you down the aisle. Im sure that meant the world to you.

Welcome to Wife-hood. I dont think thats a word.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Montereybride08 Posts : 494 Registered: 1/25/08
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Congrats!! The pictures turned out great! It sounds like the whole day was wonderful with lots of memorable quirks! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. You looked beautiful!

October 18th, here we come!

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Congrat!! You look beautiful!  Great pictures!  Best Wishes to both of you!
Until I marry my Rockstar!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

The pictures are gorgeous!   Congratulations!!  I wish my day would hurry up and get here--I can't take the stress of the last-minute stuff----I just want to go with what we have! 

http://www.mywedding.com/caryandmike/

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Congratulations!  Glad that you could avert all of those potential crises and that you had a great time.  Your pictures are beautiful and you and your DH look very happy.  I too love the bubble picture, it's too cute.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

I wish every bride on here would share her story like this!  Your pre-view photos look really great and I can't wait to see more.  Congradulations!

When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

www.chrisandsarah2008.net

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 10:58 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

You look GORGEOUS!!!  Sounds like everything went well.  The only question I have is are the bridesmaid dresses Alfred Angelo dresses?

When is my wedding

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

Amy--Yes, the bridesmaids dresses are Alfred Angelo. Its one of the newer styles that they released early this year. The style number is 6551 and we got it in Clover.

Thanks everyone!! We had so much fun on our wedding day!!

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

You look gorgeous! Congratulations, and I'm glad everything went smoothly for the most part... I LOVE all your pictures!!! 

When is my wedding
SmileSee our wedding slideshow at: http://www.josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer/

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

ryanne - congrats! I wish I could see your pics here at work :-(

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Congrats - I'm glad your day went well!!

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Congratulations Ryanne!!!

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Hooray and a huge congrats!  You look like you were having the time of your life!  My fear is that the engaged-hood is dragging and the wedding day will fly just like DG said.

Oh well, I'll be in "wife-hood" soon enough.  FYI, I love it when people make up words so carry on, Kelley.  lol 

Can't wait for more pics.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine