Outdoor Wedding Seating

Online Users: 1,305 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

KendrahLee Posts : 1 Registered: 4/12/08
Outdoor Wedding Seating
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 10:44 PM

I am getting married next spring outside in a beautiful historic garden. The reception will be in a tent adjacent to the garden. It should be about 120 people. I am having difficulty figuring out how to seat people. I am leaning towards having a buffet dinner reception, and am wondering if having a head table for the bridal party would be too difficult logistically.  I want to be able to sit with the bridal party but since I am having 5 bridesmaids and my fiance is having 5 groomsmen I feel a round table may be too small... Many in the bridal party are married so I want their dates also to be sitting with them too. I just would like some ideas about seating options for outdoor receptions... any ideas??? 

Tee0324 Posts : 41 Registered: 6/7/07
Re: Outdoor Wedding Seating
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: KendrahLee

My fiancee was in a wedding last summer that had 24 people!  They chose to do a tiered head table, with three tiers and the bride and groom being seated at the top tier.  Hope this helps!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Outdoor Wedding Seating
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 8:56 AM Go to message in response to: Tee0324

I just helped coordinate a beautiful outdoor wedding like you are describing. The reception had about 80 guests and was underneath a large tent. Depending on the layout of things; a head table might be too large for the space you have. My couple decided to go with a small round "Sweetheart Table" ...which is an intimate table for the Bride and Groom only. The Wedding PArty table would then be another round table next to your table. This way you can most likely seat the WP members with their dates. (most venues have diff sizes table ...so each table doesnt need to be the same number of chairs/seats.)

Hope this helps!

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

BL6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will CHACHACHA our way to the TOP $ PRIZE!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine