married!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
married!
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 9:06 PM

I'm back!

So my MOH flew in Wednesday to Raleigh, where we got married.  She came to where DH (!!) and I live to help me with last minute details and to hang out on Thursday.  She also took DH and I out to a really tasty sushi-Thai place we'd been wanting to try in lieu of a bachelorette for me, since my BM is only 17. Then we headed into Raleigh after that.  MOH brought a bunch of snacks and wine over to IL's house and we had tasty snacks and hung out while FIL and DH watched the Celtics and Lakers.

Friday, MIL, SIL, MOH and I went and got mani/ pedis at a really great spa. Then we split up to get ready for the rehearsal, which went really well.  

The rehearsal dinner was the most stressful.  My parents drove me to the hotel we were all staying at (I'd stayed at IL's the night before) and, when we got there, most of the people who were supposed to come to the rehearsal dinner were at the pool.  So Dad went and chatted with them until 6 p.m., when we were supposed to be at the restaurant.  So, I ended up being late to my own damn RD. I called DH and he made sure to have a tasty Amaretto Sour waiting for me when I got there. :P

After that, RD went really well.  DH's BM made a great toast, at the request of MIL.  FIL also made a great toast about DH's late grandfather, who died a few weeks ago.  My mum made a toast in French and English (her siblings are French) and gave me a really pretty locket, which I wore the next day to get married.  

After that, DH and I split to go look for the programs we'd made. It took us a little more than an hour, but we found them packed in his suitcase.  Then, he drove me back to the hotel in his mum's convertible, top down of course.

That night, I shared a room with my aunt, my mum's sister.  She snores.  Loudly.  Apparently, all  her siblings knew that, but didn't warn me to bring ear plugs.  So, I was awake all night listening to the loudest, most unhuman snores I'd ever heard.

Fell asleep around 5 a.m.

Got up around 8 a.m. because my aunt, assuming I'd slept all night, sent my mum to wake me up.  I actually had 3 alarms set (phone, wake up call, room alarm clock).  We hung out until Kyra and Natasha, the hair and makeup people, showed up, right on time.  MIL and SIL were late because MIL had to bring her own foundation and hairspray to the appointments.  I even told her she had to be there half an hour before she really did, and she was still late.  She's impressive that way.  It wasn't a big deal because Kyra and Natasha just got started on my mum and me.

They did my mum, MIL, SIL, MOH, aunt's hair, other aunt's makeup and me. Everyone looked fabulous.  Kyra took the braids she put in my hair and mimicked them in MOH's and BM's hair.

After that, we all got dressed. Mum, MOH and I took the limo, which arrived 10 minutes early (which was AWESOME, since we were ready) to the church.

Oh -- DH phoned me 6+ times between 11 a.m. and 1:15 p.m., but he claims he wasn't nervous.  Oh no.  Not at all.

After a call from DH, I get into the church without being seen by him.  My family and I take pictures.  His family and him apparently take pictures.  A bunch of people  -- family and friends -- stream in and out of the room I'm in, all looking more nervous than I was.

I didn't actually get nervous at all.  I think the reason is for me, with what DH and I went through these past months with him in the hospital, we were already married.  We were just making it legal, just affirming something that was already there.  

But anyway, the church coordinator lines everyone up.  FIL, as crossbearer, heads down.  Fr. Mark heads down. DH and BM head down. My brother, a GM, and DH's sister, BM, head down. MOH heads down.  Then, it's mine and Dad's turns.  

We walk down the aisle.  DH said my face was all smiles the whole way down.  He said he got butterflies in his stomach when he saw me.  Mission accomplished.

Dad kisses me when we get to the end of the aisle. He sits down next to Mum and I continue to meet DH.  We sit at the front of the church.  We hold hands and giggle through the readings, the hymns.  We listen to Fr. Mark's homily.  Then, it's the big moment.  We weren't miked, and afterward, everyone said they couldn't hear DH's vows.  I tried to project my voice and apparently was more successful.

We process out.  We did it!

More pictures, then off to the reception.

The limo ride was long, but that was nice.  We had some time to ourselves to talk and revel in the fact that we're actually married.

The reception was AWESOME.  The candy buffet Roxana, the venue's coordinator, did was incredible.  She even had cute little notes explaining what the candy was and why she picked it.  The appetizers were delicious... or so we heard.  We only tried one hot (tasty coconut shrimp!). 

We got announced by the DJ to David Bowie's "Golden Years." DH and I had our first dance to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' "You and Me," Dad and I danced to Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight" and DH surprised his mum with a dance to her fave song, Petty's "Breakdown."

The food we ate was AMAZING.  The flowers incredible.  Everyone went above and beyond for us, and almost everyone said they had the best time.  Even we when we left said it was the best wedding we'd ever gone to.

After dinner and the most delicious cake ever, we danced the rest of the night.  The men all enjoyed the cigar bar.  

Our honeymoon was great too. We hit up the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We hit up Biltmore (America's largest private owned residence -- owned by the Vanderbilts), downtown Asheville and a hike to Linville Falls.

We have pictures now too, which my mum took: http://integrity.smugmug.com/gallery/5238226_gGgxY#P-1-12

-Ness

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

robyn1113 Posts : 182 Registered: 8/2/07
Re: married!
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

You look wonderful, Nessie! The colors are fresh and you and your husband look so happy!

Congrats! 

I finally AM Mrs. Garza! Laughing

When is my wedding

Our wedding photos: Robyn & Rolando Garza

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

You looked lovely!  I love the details on your dress and the bouquets were perfect.

Congratulations!

Love2uKiss

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

CONGRATS!!!!  I love the pics.  Your BMs looked SO happy for you and you looked beautiful!!!!  I loved the church!  And you and your DH looked wonderful - happy to be married and having a good time!!

futuremrsmason Posts : 239 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

your wedding was/is lovely, lochnessie! I wish you and your dh much happiness!
Wedding Tickers and More From LifeTicker.com

AdorablePlanet.com AdorablePlanet.com

lmc07 Posts : 271 Registered: 1/4/07
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 5:11 AM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Congrats on your beautiful wedding!! You look stunning in your dress - really beautiful!! And your DH hat is perfect....so unique and stylish.

I wish you all the very best for you and your husband!! ....and? Did you get already used to call him husband?? ;)

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Congratulations! I'm so glad your own wedding was the best one you'd ever been to; that is so awesome. I love the green you chose, too. Beautiful wedding! :)

Michelle and Larry

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Thanks, everyone!

And lmc -- not quite used to calling him husband yet.  In fact, I called him my fiance today!  Oops. Embarassed

-Ness

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Gorgeous pictures Ness!! You were such a beautiful bride!

And That shade of green is gorgeous!! Congrats!!

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Thanks Ryanne!

-Ness

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 19, 2012 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 3125 is just $409.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine