Winter Honeymoon Ideas??

Online Users: 1,263 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 3

lookoutthewindow Posts : 32 Registered: 5/22/08
Winter Honeymoon Ideas??
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 1:51 PM

Hi,

My FH and I live in Michigan, and more than likely there will be snow on the ground after our December 27th wedding. We would really love to be able to afford to go to Florida or someplace warm for our honeymoon, but finances are tight. If we do have to spend our honeymoon in Michigan, I don't really know what we could do. Does anyone have any good ideas for winter honeymoons that don't include skiing (neither of us can ski due to bad back/hip from previous injuries)?? Thanks for you help.

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Re: Winter Honeymoon Ideas??
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: lookoutthewindow

Where in Michigan are you from?  I am from WI (you could take the ferry across or just drive down from the upper peninsula) and Wisconsin Dells has some indoor water parks and other fun attractions even in the winter. Also, in the winter you get better rates because that is considered the off season.

Check out these resorts:

http://www.wildernessresort.com/ 

http://kalahariresort.com/wi/Default.aspx

These two have indoor water parks, but you could stay at the Holiday Inn and get day passes if you are on a really tight budget. Both of these hotels are REALLY nice imop.  

http://chulavistaresort.com/ 

This last one has the option of being all inclusive, I haven't been there (yet)-but I hear it is worth it if you plan to do some drinking!

travelwisconsin.com has some good links too. 

What about Chicago? I am sure there are some fun "big city" things you two could do. The Shed Aquarium, fun clubs, nice restaurants, nice hotels, etc.  

Good Luck! Let me know if want more Wisconsin suggestions. Door County is beautiful also-but a bit boring for more than a few days!

rqz7 Posts : 27 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: lookoutthewindow

Are there cabins with nice cozy fireplaces anywhere near there that you could stay in?  Or tour the local bed and breakfasts?  You could bring board games and puzzles or something and just relax and enjoy each other's company.  Or instead of skiing, could you try snowshoeing or something like that?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: lookoutthewindow

Dear LOTW,

I am in So Calif, right now, where it was 111 degrees today, so consider the source.

A honeymoon holed up in a cozy B&B with a fireplace inside and snow blowing outside sounds wonderful. Find a place with room service, and bring poetry books or board games. Read aloud to each other. Play Monopoly and throw certain sex acts into the bargaining when he lands on your Park Place. 

You need not leave the room.

I also like the idea of a city honeymoon, say in Detroit where you hit the museums by day and gaze into each other's eyes by night.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine