ceremony and reception back home?

Online Users: 1,355 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

bec21 Posts : 4 Registered: 1/22/08
ceremony and reception back home?
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 10:43 PM

My FH and I are getting married on the Outer Banks.  We asked his brothers to be in the wedding and they can't go.  They want to be included and suggested that we do a ceremony reenactment before the reception.  I thought it might be a good idea, that way others who can't go or aren't invited to the wedding get to feel more included.  Anybody do this or know how to word it on an invitation?

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

misses Posts : 91 Registered: 8/2/06
Re: ceremony and reception back home?
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 1:56 AM Go to message in response to: bec21

I had this same issue and the salesperson from Invitations by Dawn gave me a great suggestion, My Invitations read as follow:        Fiance's Name followed by my name , will be joined in holy matrimony on July 11, 2007 at Breezes Runaway Bay, in Jamaica. Please join us for a reception when we return on Saturday July 14, 2007 at six o'clock p.m. at the Reception hall name and address. And instead of rsvp envelopes, I chose to use the reception card for the rsvp info. It read: A favour of reply is requested by June 30, 2007. Please reserve by Email: add address or website  or by phone: add number. This way I didn't waste extra stamps.                                       

I had the wedding of my dreams.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Re: ceremony and reception back home?
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 1:49 AM Go to message in response to: bec21

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine