DO I HAVE TO INVITE MY DAD'S WIFE?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 41

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Re: DO I HAVE TO INVITE MY DAD'S WIFE?
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I would invite her. I agree with a PP you don't have to like her, but still...How does your mom feel?

When they sit in the pew it should be your mother on the aisle, your father in the middle, and his new wife next to him: furthest away from you and your mother.

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

futuremrsmason Posts : 239 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 2:25 AM Go to message in response to: kroberts

real or not... me too.

You should definitely invite her. However, if you DO feel that strongly about it (and I'm sure you've already done this) talk with your father about how you are feeling.

Also, and this is something tacky-me (as opposed to the well-behaved me that normally wins in most situations), if it comes time, and you STILL feel this strongly, let her sit with the rest of the populace. Yeah, its kinda pissy, but it happens... It burns, it'll prolly upset her, but its your day, not hers. Her being your stepmother for a year does not merit a family position if you don't wish it.

Exp. (note, the nice me will prolly win out on this one, too, and NOT do this, I just really really want to): FH's grandfather's funeral was last week. While helping his mother, she asked if I would mind coming with FH to the family viewing (its a 30 min drive, and FH and his grandfather were very close) Of course I didn't mind, but the deceased's partner/confused-on-what-she-is immediately clarified that that time was just for family and her. I didn't say anything at the time, but I was fuming. I brought it up with FH, and originally she would be in the place of his grandmother, (our plan if his grandfather made it to our wedding), and now she will be seated in a regular pew, and NOT with the family...I know its a little different, but its just an idea of how you could handle the situation by pleasing everyone, and still having your vindication over the situation...
Wedding Tickers and More From LifeTicker.com

AdorablePlanet.com AdorablePlanet.com

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 8:49 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Haha, Kelley, that first comment had me laughing.

I honestly think that this was either a 'bot, or a stubborn individual who is choosing to ignore sound advice.

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 9:22 AM Go to message in response to: Lorilee

Hehehe.... thanks Lorikee!:)

Where on earth is the OP? Why do people ask questions and then never return? Why am I talking to myself?

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Tongue out  LMAO @ KELLEY!!!

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: pissed08

It's no surprise pissed08 didn't respond back.  It is obvious she's a spoiled ass brat who will never grow up.  She probably read the first response and slammed her little computer shut and stomped her feet.  Hopefully her poor dad realizes what a rotten daughter he has and cuts her off soon.  I don't think I could live with myself if I were her.  I agree with the other posts.  She needs to give her poor dad the money back and pay for her own wedding.  She also needs to go find a real job of her own and stop living off of him.  I wonder if her mom is as big of a bitch as she is.  I am betting she is.  Well, atleast he got away from one of them.  And if this spoiled brat doesn't grow up and stop acting like a jealous little girl over her daddy's new wife - he'll eventually get sick of it and be done with her too.  GROW UP YOU BIG BABY! 

Message was edited by: auntofgroom

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Another thing that amazes me is that someone who is such an  ugly person actually found someone who wants to marry her!  No wonder you are just getting married at 28!  AMAZING!  I feel sorry for the future husband! ROFLMAO!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

No wonder you are just getting married at 28!

I appreciate the bashing of the OP, but this isn't cool at all. Welcome to the 21st century. We don't all get married at age 20 anymore. A lot of women like to establish themselves in a career before getting married. The idea that age 28 is 'old' to be 'just getting married' is a VERY antiquated idea and I won't sit here and listen to somebody bashing others for it.

Other than that, I'm in total agreement with you, though it seems silly to keep beating this dead horse when the OP has obviously left the boards and went back to mooching off her parents.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Wow - okay I completely agree with Art - 28 is not old to be getting married for the first time. I'll be 28 when I get married and I am not spoiled. I think 28 is a fine age to get married or really any age over 18 (sorry young brides I am not trying to offend the younger crowd but come on at least be old enough to vote before you say "i do".)

Alright that is really all I have to say to that - I was enjoying this thread until that comment...now I'm a bit insulted and upset...I think I shall go back to the eat poop thread so that I can have another good laugh.

When is my wedding

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

Sorry I offended some of you about the age comment.  I didn't mean it the way it came out.  I was really just disgusted with the original girl who post this and meant that her spoiled rotten attitude might be the reason SHE was not engaged or married before now.  Yes, people have different lives and take different paths and whatever age they get married or if they do at all is fine as long as they are happy.  This girl just obviously thinks the world revolves around her and clearly puts herself before anyone and everyone.  I should have just left it at I'm surprised that someone would even ask her being as immature and rotten as she is.  Sorry.... Message was edited by: auntofgroom Message was edited by: auntofgroom

Message was edited by: auntofgroom

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

Hmm-I guess that makes me ancient getting married for the first time at 41...sniff...

Shannon1002 Posts : 1 Registered: 8/2/13
Posted: Aug 2, 2013 6:17 PM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

I'm so happy to see this thread of common sense replying to this question. Despite five years of our concerted efforts in outstretching invitations to our home and our lives, my stepdaughters refuse any relationship with their loving and doting father and me - - EXCEPT when they want money for lavish vacations to Egypt, South America, or handouts when they have shopped-til-they-dropped and run their bank accounts dry. When Dad didn't shell out, the sound of crickets were all we heard from their end of the phone line. Their mother, bitter to the point of stealing my 8-year-old son's medication for his autism and Tourette Syndrome, has fueled the animosity with the daughters to a toxic level. Despite the mother's immaturity, the daughters are old enough to make independent decisions, and have chosen cruelty over acceptance and embrace of their father's new life. If their mother and father were miserable and loveless, what does that say about these adult children who seek their own personal relationship fulfillment, but wish solitude for their own parents unless they are miserably together? Very sad.

After not speaking to her father for three years (except to ask for money and help with moving out of the dormitory from the college that her father solely paid for her to attend), his oldest daughter recently notified her father that she is getting married, but does not want me to attend the wedding. Thankfully, he stipulated to her that if he attends, so do I. We haven't heard from her since.

These young women have chosen to hate me, of whom they have never met despite my eagerness to do so, and my sweet children with autism. They make cruel remarks about my sons and I, and yet never once have given us the chance to know us. Isn't five years long enough to get used to the idea that Dad has moved on, and to be a part of this extension of their family? We are family, and love and cherish their father. Is that really such a crime? If they truly love him, they'd see that it isn't - - and that we are pretty nice people to know.

Thank you to each of you for supporting the extension of love and family - - which entails Happily Ever After for Dad, too. Dad deserves to be happy!

Edited by: Shannon1002 on Aug 2, 2013 6:19 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine