First Words....?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24

dyminbride Posts : 87 Registered: 5/6/08
Re: First Words....?
Posted: May 10, 2008 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

We had been looking at rings before so when we went this time I just figured we were looking again.  Til he told the guy that we would take the ring.  I slipped off the stool in the store and I said"WHAT!"  the guy laughed and Shawn ;laughed at me and went to pay for it.  Then in the car I said" I can't believe you just did that"  Then I was looking in the bag and all I saw was a white bottom.  I didnt see the ring box.  I yelled and he stopped the car and said"what is wrong?"  I told him they forgot to give us the ring.  HE said"Shake the bag Heather"  I did and the box was white and blended in.  "He said well we better just put that on you now before you loose it again!"

I said OH yes!

He said well I guess you better start calling everyone you've ever met and tell them we have a wedding to plan!

Call me  MRS ROBINSON!!Kiss

Message was edited by: dyminbride

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: May 10, 2008 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: dyminbride

I said, "there's earrings in that box, right?" He opened the box and I said, "seriously?" like 10 times. LOL.

Then since he did it at my work he had to leave and I had to work for like 6 more hours!  What a sweet little bone-head. Kiss It was perfect, though, since that is where we met. 

Message was edited by: deansbride

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Posted: May 14, 2008 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: deansbride

My first words were "Are you serious?" he said "Do I look like I'm serious?"  I said "I don't know."  He's holding the ring out in front of my face and all I can say is "I don't know?" OYE!  

Cake Topper

Jumping in to the adventure of a lifetime - 06/07/08

ChevyGirly Posts : 19 Registered: 11/3/06
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

I actually didn't say anything for a while. He got down on one knee and asked "will you marry me?" I just sat there nodding my head for a minute. The next thing to pop out was "Are you going to kiss me or what?" =D

"O magnify the LORD with me..." ~Ps. 34:3

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: ChevyGirly

Well, we were under the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree and he got down on one knee in the 20degree cold - I couldnt hear anything he was saying because the crowd of people were all applauding and yelling etc - but when his mouth stopped moving I believe I said "Uh - huh. " And then lots and lots of hugs, kisses, etc and more applause from strangers. I was crying so hard that I couldnt even speak. Out of happiness of course:)

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

All I really could say was yes! My jaw just dropped and there was nothing else I could say! I just kept staring at the ring! I had waited for so long, so I was just so surprised when he finially did it! It was a wonderful day!

Aimee2011 Posts : 3 Registered: 1/25/09
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 2:33 AM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

lol since like the 3rd month of us dating we new we would get married we talked about it all the time he would ask me a million tmes as we were laying in bed and i would always say yes someday but not today lol so it isn't like it was a surprise to me at all i only has one condtion that he had to talk to my dad first then he could seriously ask me so to my surprise he asked dad said ok well i donno what they talked about but they talked. i knew the day was coming because we paid off the ring together and i knew the day t was getting back from beng sized we went together and picked it up and had lunch in the food court and he said Aimee will you marry me i said of course i will. and that was that lol knew from the moment i saw him it would come to ths lol :)

link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/
image noborderhttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;6/st/20110423/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-3/k/6c0e/event.png[/image]

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: Aimee2011

I immediately told DH yes then kissed him. I hadn't even looked at the ring. He pulled away and asked "Are you going to take the ring?" I looked at it and said, " You lied to me."

Two or three weeks before that, DH and my cousin had gone ring shopping together. I knew they were going. He stopped up at my work after their trip and was all mopey. He had told me it was going to be longer than he had expected, things were more expensive than he had thought. For the next week, he moped around and I tried to console him. My cousin and I had been discussing what they had found. I really wanted emerald cut, but DH had never been a fan. My cousin told me DH hated the emerald cut, wouldn't even look at them. They had me convinced I would have to wait a while and I would be getting a princess cut.

So, when DH proposed two weeks later with an emerald cut, I was shocked. He had even been dropping hints all week that he was going to do it, but they had been such great actors, I was convinced he didn't have a ring.

You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. ~ Sam Keen

BrideofFrankens... Posts : 31 Registered: 1/14/09
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

we had kind of a funny engagement which involved FH writing out "wheel yumm airy me?" so my first words where a dumb "whaaaaaat?" and "oh my gosh!!!" followed by sobbing.

he finally had to ask, "so is that a yes?"

of course it was!

AshleyNJoey Posts : 15 Registered: 1/11/09
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 11:46 PM Go to message in response to: BrideofFrankens...

Joey asked me on my birthday, Dec 24th 2008. The way he did it was soo cute!! That morning, at 7:30 am, my dad called me to see if I was up yet; he knew what Joey was planning and was eager to see if he had asked yet. Quite frankly, I was pissed that I was awake at 7:30 am on my birthday - I just wanted to sleep in!! By this time, Joey had woken up, so I waid something about being hungry. The first thing he asks is "You want some pancakes? I'll run and get them." (I love McDonald's panckakes and sausage, so I was game!))

So he gets back with my pancakes, and I realize there is NO SYRUP in the bag! Not good. I told him I would just wait until we went to lunch to eat, because I was not eating the pancakes. He tried to convince me to use the syrup we had at home, and then offered to go back to McDonald's to get me some syrup, because everyone knows you cannot eat McDonald's panckaes without McDonald's syrup! Again I told him I would just wait until lunch. He kind of got a little panicky, but not enough to make me think anything. Then he started digging through his bag and found the syrup. Yes! Breakfast was saved!

Then I saw something on the top of my pancake! I was irrate! I thought there was a bug or something on my food!! I almost through the pancakes across the room, but then I actually looked at the pancakes! I just kind of stared for a second, then looked up at him. He just looks and me and says, "So, will you?" And I looked at him and said, "Yeah, eventually."

I know, not the most romantic, and most people would not like a proposal like this, but to me it was perfect!! He is not a very romatic, mushy-gushy type of guy, so anything along those lines would not have been him. Anytime I tell people about it, I just say "It was very Joey!" And everyone goes, "Awww! So sweet!"

I couldn't have imagined it any other way - other than my response! lol I could have done better on that, but considering the whole pancake ordeal I had just gone through...! He was just glad I said yes, and later admitted that he was terrified that I would tell him no, even though we had been together for 5 1/2 years! (He thought that, since I want to wait until I am done with law school to get married, that I would say no and he would have to do it all over again in a couple of years! I guess he doesn't really realize how long it takes to plan a wedding!!)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine