JFF-What about your FH bothers you?

Online Users: 1,341 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 63

Jesikaheryn Posts : 43 Registered: 3/16/08
JFF-What about your FH bothers you?
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 4:45 PM

I love my husband to be, but there are things about him that annoy me.  I know I cannot change a man (no woman can).  I love him and want to marry him despite the little annoyances.  I thought I would relieve the little stressers by complaining about the things that annoy me.

1.  He has 1 chore of doing the dishes. Can he accomplish that chore in it's 100% completion... No.  He "soaks" the glasses for days until I get sick of looking at the gross water and wash them myself.

2. His idea of "cleaning up the house" involves putting everything in the hope chest that the blankets are suppose to go in.

3.  Three days a week (when I work) he is required to feed the children dinner.  He will call me at work and ask me what he should prepare.  I give him several quick and easy meal ideas that include atleast 3 food groups.  What does he make?  Frozen pizza or spaghettios.  Any fruits? No. Any veggies? No.  I ask him why he didn't make something healthier.  His answer is "it's what they wanted."  They're 2 & 7!!!

4. He puts his dirty laundry on top of or next to the laundry basket, but never in it.  Why? He says he doesn't want to mess up the laundry process.  There is no process!!! Clean laundry gets put away.  Dirty laundry goes in the basket.  The children even understand the process.

Is there anything your HTB does that annoys you?

When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

Uniting our hearts, our lives, and our families.

mavjen Posts : 78 Registered: 10/21/07
Re: JFF-What about your FH bothers you?
Posted: May 4, 2008 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

My FH is a sports-a-holic.  When he is not watching an actual game on TV, it is all ESPN all the time.  He watches SportsCenter over and over again.  I finally realized one day that SportsCenter runs on a 30 minute loop and ESPN plays it over again until a game or another stupid sports show (I HATE PTI!!!) comes on.  He tivo's ESPN and games.

My FH works his butt off at the office and he is excellent at what he does, but he is so zapped of energy at the end of a long day at work.  So, all he can muster is to watch sports on TV.

It gets even better...he listens to sports radio in bed.  All. Night. Long.

I love him dearly but there are times I want to let out a primal scream.

2BBauer Posts : 478 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 12:24 AM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

Yeah this is kinda gross.  He chews on his fingers.  Like, literally chewss the skin off.  It is disgusting, especially to listen to him nawing on himself.  I don;t know why he does this but his mother says he has done it for as long as she can remember.  They tried putting clear nail polish and nasty tasting stuff on his fingers and he still does it.

He also smacks while he eats and slurps while he drinks.  He is kinda an annoyingly noisey person to live with, but I still love him!! Ahhhh, what we endure for love!

The first day of my happily ever after is 9-13-2008!!

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:11 AM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

Let's see...as much as I love SO much about FH, there are a couple things that currently annoy me.

1) PS3. He bought it a week ago and I already hate it!! I'm having to compete with a figgin' game for my FH!

2) Grand Theft Auto 4 and our sex life. Maybe TMI, but his character has screwed more women in a week than he's messed with me in a month. Grr....

3) In general...he isn't overly romantic. And I wish he was a tad more romantic.

But other than that, we're good.

Our Wedding Website: www.mywedding.com/chrisandryanne

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: May 5, 2008 2:07 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

You girls are cracking me up with these! 

ryanne~ I am sooo with you on the PS3 thing!  FH got one for Christmas and I actually like to play it sometimes too, but he is on it constantly.  He is funny about it though because he tells me that if I want him to stop just tell him because he loses track of time. I'm kind of glad he didn't want Grand Theft Auto, but I am not looking forward to Metal Gear coming out this summer because I may not see FH for about 2 months... (that's what happened when the last Metal gear came out.)

Other stuff, though:

1.  He empties ice trays and leaves them in the freezer, so that you think you have ice until you need it and you don't.  We fixed this one though because we are moving and now have an icemaker :)

2.  He refuses to turn on the light when he goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night because it hurts his eyes.  This would not be a problem, if he could see in the dark, but he can't.  His aim is a little off....gross.

3.  For some reason, he can never leave the house without going pee first.  I don't know why this annoys me, it just does. 

Obviously, though, these are all small things that can sometimes be a bit funny to me and they make up the man I love, so I can live with them.  Because otherwise I think he is almost perfect!

I marry the man of my dreams 5/2/09!

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: May 5, 2008 3:16 AM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

OMG I love this post!!

2BB- mine chews his fingers too, its so gross and sometimes his fingers even bleed. eeeeewwwwww.

The other is kind of my fault, I bought him the xbox 360 for an engagement gift. aaghhh, it makes me so mad because be turns it up loud and yells at the screen. Then he wants me to interested in the 5 minute conversation about bio shock when he cant even give me any opinions about OUR wedding!  

OK its kinda cute that he wants to talk me about stuff that interests him. 

o yeah one more thing-this may TMI but he constantly wants to have sex. Not be that way but after 5 years together I dont need sex every night to know he still wants me.

wow that feels really good

Laughing

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

Wow!  I really have election fatigue.  I saw this and thought it said "JFK".  lol!  Must end election, now!!  lmao!

OK, there are a few things about my BF that bother/annoy me.

1.  His sinuses.  I really have TERRIBLE sinus and allergy problems.  But he is one of those people who scratch their throat, and it drives me MAD!!!  I really hate that sound.

2.  His toilet.  It really is rarely clean.  I walk to the other side of the house to use the guest RR.  I have my own house to clean, I don't come to yours to clean it as well.  UGH!

3.  His home training.  OK, let me start by saying I LOVE HIS MOTHER!!!  She is a wonderful person.  But somewhere there were some things that were missed.  I know his dad wasn't as active as he should have been, and I can see where things are lacking.  Just things that I'm used to, like ALWAYS having a door opened for me, and NEVER paying for a meal, and stuff like that...just chilvary.  I correct him when it's something that bothers me.  And I will continue to do so.  I think the death of chilvary is partly a result of Women's Lib...and we've all fallen for it.  Let a man do those things for you.  Just b/c you CAN doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

Kiss 

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

Oh god, speaking of peeing, DH pees ALL the time. it drives me crazy. In the middle of the night, while we're out somewhere SEVERAL times. It drives me crazy. He doesnt even drink that much...I dont get it.

He also picks his nails. Like sits there picking and I can hear it. It makes me crazy. I always have to yell STOP PICKING!!! UGH.

And lately he's been doing this half sneeze thing. Where it starts out as a sneeze but ends like a vomiting/coughing noise. I yell everytime b/c I feel like he's doing it on purpose. And I have stopped saying Bless You when he does this...haha he doesnt deserve it!

Formerly Ama102707

hotforteacher Posts : 39 Registered: 4/7/08
Posted: May 5, 2008 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

Of cours, I love FH more than anything in the world but...

1. He laughs when he is nervous or uncomfortable. Bad enough when I'm telling him my dad is in the hospital, infuriating when I am already mad at him and he's rotfl'ing. Argh.

2. Shoes DO NOT go on the dining room table. So why are they always there?

3. How hard is it to put the clean, folded, clothes in the drawer. Instead they are ALL sitting on top of the dresser. 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

MrsAWarner Posts : 191 Registered: 2/18/08
Posted: May 5, 2008 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

Oh I do love this thread-you ladies are too much!

What about FH bothers me huh?

Well, he has this thing about silverware and washing it. We don't have a dishwasher btw.  I'll come into the kitchen and find him doing the dishes-which makes me happy because that, in and of itself, is VERY rare. Then I look into the sink and DUH-DUH-DUM (omious music) the bottom is covered in silverware. Apparently he just doesn't like washing it, so he doesn't. Apparently he thinks that I love washing it-I don't, but I wash it anyway. Aargh. I suppose just the fact that he took the initiative to wash the dishes should be enough, but I just feel like if you are going to do something, finish the job.

This also has to do with dishes-cups more precisely. As I look out the window into the back yard, I see a glass of Mountain Dew sitting on the picnic table. It's been there since yesterday. I will be going out to collect it soon. If I go into the garage, I guarantee I'll find one or two out there. There is one sitting here next to me on the computer desk. For some reason he is great about taking everything else to the sink-just not his cups. I don't understand this.

His socks. I have 2 hampers. One for clothes, and one for socks and towels. His socks are of course laying next to the bed on his side. The hamper for them is in the hall closet right outside of our bedroom door-next to the bathroom. Why can't they make it into the hamper?

I think that's all. Lol, I've discovered in 3.5 years of living with him that men are rather annoying, sloppy creatures. For all the times he drives me bonkers though, I still love him to pieces.

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: May 5, 2008 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

LOL, this thread is GREAT!!  I love my FH more than anything, but he definitely has a few annoying habits.  When he starts talking about a topic, he will not stop until he has said EVERYTHING that he wants to say.  Everyone else has moved on to a new topic, but FH is still prattling on.  LOL, it's actually kind of cute.  Also, he has a huge thing for chickens.  My parents have decided to indulge this and we now have a chicken teapot, chicken canisters, chicken salt and pepper shakers, chicken tea mugs, chicken towels and a stuffed chicken.  ENOUGH ALREADY!!  But since these are about the only things that annoy me, I think I'm getting off pretty light! 

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Heidi, my mom has a chicken obsession too.  I dont get it. I dont condone it. I never buy her chicken things, but my sister ALWAYS does. HAHAHA.  (just a side note)

I forgot to mention that DH is pretty socially awkward. And I know when I dont know people, I get nervous. But if he's out with me and a few people he doesnt know, he kinda says "woo!!" a lot, or laughs this weird laugh. And Im always like what the hell.....

Formerly Ama102707

dewdropinn Posts : 156 Registered: 2/27/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I am really bad with names. Sometimes we are out and run into somebody, and I will tell them his name and he will stand there, staring at me and make a big deal of my not knowing their name. We've talked about it before, how if I don't know their name I obviously can't tell him what it is, but he makes this huge deal out of it. 

The first time, I just didn't say anything and hoped he would introduce himself so that when he gave his name they might, and he got all mad and thought I was trying to make him uncomfortable. 

It just makes the whole thing worse because then I have to admit to somebody I don't know their name. The tough part is, I work in a tanning/hair salon so EVERYBODY knows who I am and I work in a small town. Half the time I know people by their member numbers... it's odd to say "number 37, this is FH"  

" alt="" />

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I think I forgot to mention the chicken welcome mat, and the chickens on our bedroom rug.  And he has chicken boxers.  My sister has threatened to give him a real chicken at the wedding.  She said it's either I let her dress like a pirate or she gives us a chicken.  I think she's serious, LOL.

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: dewdropinn

So funny!

I love my DH to death but here is a couple of things that annoy me:

He is constantly tapping on something. He plays the drums, so I would imagine he's always got a beat going on in his head.

He bites his nails, and spits them on the floor while we are watching TV.

He leaves toast crumbs in the butter dish, and leaves body hair on the bar of soap.

Married 1 year on 3/10/08

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine