Average Carat Weight

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 120

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Re: Average Carat Weight
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

Total weight is about 2 carats.

It's a 1 carat diamond, with lots of pave diamonds in two adjoining bands.  

I don't know what the average weight of a diamond in an e-ring is, but the average price of an e-ring is $2,700.  

Vote!  http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: FallenAngel516

amen sister!

I have a 1/5 round solitaire. Retail=$300. I don't want a bigger ring, although I wouldn't mind a solitaire wrap to go with it. Im just happy to be marrying MY man!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

mine is 1.33 carat solitaire, colorless round. 

all diamonds are beautiful....i love e rings!!! 

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

When I was looking at rings (for ideas;-) most of the stones that I was intersted in were in the .33 to .45 range (I am more interested in the quality than the quantity).  FH didn't think they properly reflected how much I am worth (as if any diamond could measure that).  He selected a 3-stone diamond ring for me.  My center diamond is .67carats, VSI, H, Very Good Cut and clarity.  The two side stones are  .31 carats, SI, I, very good cut and clarity.  FH saved up for several months to pay, supplemented by me fixing him dinner every night and exchanging the movie theater for DVDs.  I forbid him from spending more than $2500 on a ring (yes, I really did) because I find it hard (in my lifestyle) to justify spending more on a ring than a year's worth of groceries, good used car, or our wedding.  I don't know how much he ended up spending, but I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the ring he bought.

Love2uKiss

KristylovesPete Posts : 301 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Mine is a 1 carat total and I love it!

I never wear jewelery, until now, so I didn't want a solitaire because they stand up so high (something I told me FH).  Again, I'm not used to something like that and worried I'd damage it or something if I stuck my hand somewhere (purse, back of a drawer or where ever) or that I'd accidentally snag it on a sweater or something and ruin the material.  I know, probably sounds silly.  :-)

Anyhow, my ring is a total of 31 smaller stones and is only slightyly tiered from the outside in with accents on the band.  

I agree with some of the PP's in that I'm not a flashy kinda girl (again, I don't usually wear jewelry) but the way my ring sparkles is fantastic!  I was uncomfortable with it at first but I've grown used to it!  :-) 

I Love my Peter Pete Pete

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Mine is .91ct  round with .41ct stones in the band for a total of 1.32ct and I absolutely love it!!! 

MissR Posts : 139 Registered: 7/17/06
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

My ring is a 4ct cushion cut diamond in a platinum setting with channel set diamonds on the band.  

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: MissR

Hello all- 

Our average so far is 1.078 Carats including mine which is 1.1 which i forgot to mention earlier. Keep posting and we will recalculate!

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

dewdropinn Posts : 156 Registered: 2/27/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Mine is .3 ct

The "average" will always be skewed higher because of extreme outliers,  so the number we get from averaging sizes is going to be larger than the size of the mid-range random ring you would find on somebody... if that makes sense.  

" alt="" />

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Aww I don't know what other thread you are talking about, I'm not on here enough!  Haha, I'm going to go searching thru to see if I can figure out what one (o:

My ering is 1 carat and my wedding band is .25 carats - I love them both to death and still stare at them all of the time. 

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

My center stone is a rectangular princess cut and it is .57 carats.  There are two smaller stones around that and then I have 26 chips on the rest of the ring.  The whole ring is a total of 1.07 carats and then I get two bands that are each 1/7 of a carat.  I love my ring.  When I first saw the diamond, which my FH bought overseas I was a little disappointed because it looked really small.  However, when we put it in the ring, I love it and sometimes I even think it's too big.  I'm not all about the ring though, the important thing is that we get to marry each other.
http://tac.families.com/ezb/1039358.png

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

My center stone is 1/4 carat marquise with 4 very small round diamonds along side it on a white gold band.  I LOVE my ring.  I think it's total weight is still under 1/3 but when I get my wedding ring along side the e-ring it might go up to 1/2 carat.  The only complaint I have about my marquise is that it gets caught in everything and the points are sharp so sometimes FH might get a bit cut up from it.  But I still wouldn't want any other shaped stone in my ring.
When is my wedding

DCTexan Posts : 170 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

My ring has three princess cut stones.  The center stone is .99 carats and the two side stones are .25 carats each, so the total carat weight is almost 1.5.

I love my ring so much!  I am still amazed at what a great job my FH did in picking it out all by himself!

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: DCTexan

(Like I said on the "other" thread I'm think the average is 1/3 to 3/4 carat)

Mine is 1/4 ct. past/present/future

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

URL=""IMGhttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/8d168531c3fa9d71.gif[/IMG][/URL] Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

3 stone just over 3.10 carats.  A huge surprise to say the least.  I had picked one out at the store that was just about .5 and that's what I expected.  I asked FH why he went so big and he said the ring was a refection of him more so than of me.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine