Here's a pic of my dress:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Re: Pink Wedding dress
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: MissDyer

My dream dress was pink!  I had 4 dress contending as MY wedding dress.  Of the 4, 3 of them are pink.  Unfortunately, they were $5-6,000, so there you have it.  There's a lot of pretty pink dresses out there that are much cheaper I'm sure...all I'm saying is that PINK has got to be the cutest and most elegant color for a wedding dress and the only reason why I didn't wear one is because I couldn't afford the ones that I liked.  With that said...I'm so mad I didn't dye the crinoline pink!  Grrr...

In my profile album...I think I actually have a couple of pink bridal gowns photos.

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

KITTY!

That's It! you just gave me the most amaing idea ever! I was the same way I loved several PINK dresses, either it washed me out or was just too damn expensive. I wanted pink so so bad. The only one that I could afford looked like a 15 yr old ciencenera dress.  I'm 40 not 20. So I went with a classic ivory, but I'm wearing pink accents! I love the idea of dying the carolina!

Thanks so much!

NANETTE' & JAMES

TO BE UNITIED AS ONE SEPTEMBER 27, 2008 

CUTE

iloveaiden Posts : 49 Registered: 5/27/09
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: MissDyer

pink is awesome.. do it!
Created by Wedding Favors

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: iloveaiden

If you're brave, why not try finding a white gown at David's 99dollar sale and dip-dye the bottom of it with pink RIT dye yourself? If you have the $99 and are willing to give it a shot, the most you can be out if it doesn't work is....$99.

I feel like that was redundant but I don't know how else to say it. HAHA!

also, because I need something to do, totally googling pink wedding dresses for you:

http://redhotbrides.com/blog/media/blogs/redhotbrides/Raylia-Wedding-Dress-Kayla-W6229L.jpg
http://www.misquincemag.com/cm/misquincemag/images/i3/1607_B_PINK_S07-fb.jpg
http://www.partypop.com/Forums/images/432722.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3608/3310425146_49be588e88.jpg

My Planning Blog

iloveaiden Posts : 49 Registered: 5/27/09
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

that third one is beautiful..
Created by Wedding Favors

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: iloveaiden

http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/feature/slide/162195#slide_162350

Some pink dresses on this very site, in honor of breast cancer awareness. Warning: don't fall in love with the Oscar De La Renta one--it's $20,000!!

(why is his perfume $20 at walmart but his bridal gowns are bazillions of dollars?!?!)
My Planning Blog

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: iloveaiden

I love the first dress and the OP dress. Im not wearing a pink dress but I am wearing bright pink shoes under my dress!

wedding tickers

AJS52281 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/14/09
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

I was thinking of doing the same thing--wearing hot pink shoes under my wedding dress along with a hot pink garter -- what are your opinions on that even though none of my colors are pink??? My colors are fall colors--red orange and yellow--However my favorite color is pink!!

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: AJS52281

I say go for it. I mean they will be covered by your dress 99% of the time so its not like they will clash.
wedding tickers

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: AJS52281

Im wearing hot pink shoes under my dress!! :) so Im defenitely all for it but pink IS an accent color in my yellow wedding so I think If you will be wearing colored shoes then it might be better to have something that goes with your color scheme. I just love that pop of color with the shoes!! (and the dyed crinoline! what an awesome idea!!!)

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

There are many dress desingers that are now making dresses with a touch of color so you could still wear a white gown with pink as an accent color. I love the Alfred Angelo dream in color dresses. Here are some examples:

Duzzy Posts : 5 Registered: 8/6/09
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: creampuff

If you can't find a pink gown you like or still aren't sure, dye your crinoline/under slip pink. I've seen it done; so, did it too. You can only see it if you pick up your dress when you walk. Looks awesome, I think.

Duzzy

BlushingBridezi... Posts : 99 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: Stephorse

I think something like the pictures you posted would be nice.They seem to look more traditional, but the slight touches of pink aren't so bad. Other than that, I'm not 100 percent into the pink dress thing. It sometimes comes across as looking less formal and pretty much like a prom dress IMO. But to the OP, it is YOUR day...so if you want pink do what will make you feel beautiful.

Also, to the girl posted pics of her dress with the hot pink skirt: I LOVE the back of your dress. It is simply breath taking! I think something like that looks nice. It wasn't overkill, yet it was a bold statement!
-The Blushing BrideCool

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 4:43 AM Go to message in response to: creampuff

Pronovias Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-pronovias-c-420_473.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine