Pink Wedding dress

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 31

creampuff Posts : 14 Registered: 4/25/08
Pink Wedding dress
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 7:10 PM

Did anyone see Gwen Stefanis wedding dress by Jean Paul G? Well he had pink in it and I just love this idea. But is it tacky since she is a singer and I am just a chick from C.T.
Amy

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Re: Pink Wedding dress
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: creampuff

I haven't seen the dress, but I don't think it's tacky to have a pink wedding dress. I saw a pink and white wedding dress in a store in my area that I would love to have, but it was a little pricy. I love the color pink anyway.

Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 4:02 AM Go to message in response to: creampuff

Theres someone on the boards that had a white and pink dress and it looked really cute. It really showed off her personality. I wouldnt think its tacky at all.

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

sarahrose Posts : 84 Registered: 12/4/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 8:58 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

sarahrose Posts : 84 Registered: 12/4/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 9:01 AM Go to message in response to: sarahrose

I posted Gwen's dress for you above. I really liked it actually - mostly because I thought it really fit her personality and it was tastefully done with the gradual fade to vibrant pink. 

I think a pink dress can look nice on anybody if they just do it tastefully. Like maybe a lighter hue that just hints at being pink or if you want to use a brighter pink, just use some accents with that color.

GlamBride08 Posts : 101 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: sarahrose

BRIDES had an entire line of pink dresses to promote breast cancer awareness. They were gorgeous! They were all in varying shades of light pink. I def. don't think it would be tacky, unless maybe you did the whole dress in hot pink. That says prom to me. Anyway, I think they are 100+ ways to do an elegant, gorgeous pink dress!

The future Mrs. Skaggs

When is my wedding

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: creampuff

I WANTED IT SO BADDD! really I do love pink. But when I put a few dresses on I looked washed out. Cry  So I went with pink accents instead. I say go for it!

NANETTE' & JAMES

TO BE UNTIED AS ONE SETPEMBER 27, 2008 

CUTE

slyoung00 Posts : 15 Registered: 4/2/08
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: creampuff

Your wedding day is about you and your FH. Not only that, your wedding is also a reflection of the both of you so I say......If you want your dress to be like Gwen Stefani's then you do just that. It's your wedding and you're going to be the star that day so I say go for it. I bet you will look beautiful! By the way, I loved Gwen's dress too! :)

http://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/2265f4fbaca3cb37.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: creampuff

It's really particular dress...
Romantic Paris Wedding Dress @ Colorbridal

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: creampuff

Like the other posters have said, it's YOUR wedding day and it's supposed to be a reflection of you, your hubby and your love for each other. Add your own touches and personal style into it. Good luck!!!

My wedding dress was a beautiful shade of a light pink called "ice pink". Although it wasn't nearly as bright as the pink in Gwen Stefani's dress, no one thought it was tacky. In fact, everyone complimented how unique and beautiful it was and told me that they couldn't have pictured me in any other wedding gown. It "fit" me.

classydame Posts : 91 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: creampuff

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: May 1, 2008 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

JosesGirl,

Is that your dress? If it is, I agree it looks beautiful on you.

Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 2, 2008 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: JessyNChris

Thank you! Yes, those are pics from my wedding. I ADORE my dress and wish I could wear it again!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: May 22, 2008 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: creampuff

Gwen's dress is beautiful. I totally don't think it's tacky at all. Especially even if "a chick from C.T." wore it. My dream was to get married in a pink prom dress. Instead, I altered my cousin's wedding dress and added a pink skirting. I can send you pics if you want. Just let me know.

Ms. Pinky

MissDyer Posts : 6 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: creampuff

I too am a PINK lover! I love HOT PINK but was a little nervous to not wear white to my wedding. But anyways I am dying my crinoline hot pink with RIT dye or you could buy it like already pink but I like DIY projects. I think it looks cute in pictures when the bride lifts up the skirt of her dress a little and shows the unexpected pop of color. Google it to see what you think. Dyed crinolines - it'll show lots of pics.
Chellie Bean ~ Waylon-Do

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine