So it didn't happen....

Online Users: 1,285 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 174

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Re: So it didn't happen....
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 1:39 AM Go to message in response to: FallenAngel516

Fallen: Its so funny that you say that your fh was worried about the proposal. That is my bf BIGGEST fear!!!! He is so afraid of messing it up because that is one of the things that EVERYONE wants to know. I have told him that I am not high maintenence (SP) and that I would be happy with him just asking. I dont need him to go all out and I definately do not want him to be stressed out about it. I think he is getting more comfortable with the idea. SO we will see.

Ok now a little update for the rest of you. Last night HE brought up the whole engagement and wedding thing. I have been so good as to not bring up anything to him. I have been hiding the fact that I have been on here lately too! Well last night he was trying to get me to eat chicken(I am a vegetarian) and he was joking that he was going to send the ring back if I didnt eat the chicken. (I DID NOT eat it!) So he told me that the ring should be here sometime next week. Probably on wednesday!!! And that he doesnt know when he will be popping the question! I dont think he will be able to hold on to the ring for too long, so I am hopping to have exciting news for you all by next weekend!!! Wish me luck!

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 2:29 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Ooh mi god finally !!!hahaha Yea keep us updated

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 6:10 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

How exciting!!!! I can't wait to hear the news!

Good Luck!

I marry the man of my dreams 5/2/09!

flowr Posts : 72 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

i was prying through my boyfriends emails (BAD, i know) for some indication of whether or not he got a ring. i saw a picture of the ring on an email!!! i guess that means he got it or will be getting it soon!!! i CANT WAIT for the porposal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

Oh my god that is so freaking exciting!!! I wish I knew my bf's email so I could check it! I begged him to show me what it looked like, but he said no. I think you should post a picture of the ring on here so we can see it!!!! I need something to get me through the week since I think the proposal will be coming sometime in the next week or so!!! Was it an email from a website that he had mailed himself? Was it exactly what you would have wanted?

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

flowr that's so exciting!!!  Keep us posted!

Before my FH proposed he told me to get my finger sized and asked me what kind of "holder" I wanted for the diamond.  When he called the setting a "holder," I knew I had to be pretty specific so when I went to the jeweler to get my finger sized, he wrote down the information of a setting that I loved.  He wrote it on a blue piece of paper that I passed on to FH and he put it in his wallet.  After that, everytime  we went out somewhere and he opened his wallet to pay,  I'd try to peek in and see if that blue paper was still there (if it wasn't it would mean he had been to the jewelry store!).  It drove me crazy!!!

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 11:29 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

I am going crazy! I haven't been able to sleep in the last week because all I can think about is how and when he is going to propose!!! I am considering no brides.com until it happens!!! I am psycho right now!!! Anyone who has been through this have any ideas to help me get my mind off of things? I have tried hitting up the gym, I went to disneyland with some friends on sunday and all we talked about was wedding stuff! One of them is engaged and they all were wondering when my guy was going to pop the question. And at night I hang out with some girl friends and we watch the TV shows we are addicted to. I need some serious help!!!

flowr Posts : 72 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: May 1, 2008 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

i wasn't trying to pry, but i asked to use his computer and when i clicked onto gmail, the computer automatically logged him in bc it "remembered" his username and password!!! he had forwarded the email from the ring guy (at blue nile) to his personal account! i saw the picture, but didn't forward it or anything bc i was so afraid of getting caught!!!! it is exactly what i wanted! round solitair with very small diamonds going around the finger as the band. the email wasn't a receipt, so i'm not sure if he purchased it yet. i think it will happen at the end of may bc he arranged a special dinner then celebrating us moving in. we'll see!!!

futuremrsschultz, i think it is especially tough for you to wait bc of your friends!!! having them talk about it, etc, would make me crazy!!! i am not freaking out bc my friends are all single. plus, i have not told any of them about seeing the ring. if i told them it was coming very soon, i'd prob go crazy too!!! i have no prob waiting till the end of may. if i dont get it then, i know i'll be very dissapointed, so i really hope it comes then. i really think you should tell your friends not to talk about wedding stuff for a while, so that you can get it out of your mind!

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: May 1, 2008 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: flowr

I had a dream last week that he proposed.  But before I could see the ring, I woke up!  UGHHHH!!!  I told him about the dream and asked him what he thought it meant.  He said, it meant that I should keep hope alive.  He really sucks!  Who knows when it'll happen for me, but congrats to you ladies as you move forward.  Yippee!!!
Kiss 

Posted: May 2, 2008 1:30 AM Go to message in response to: flowr

Flowr I wish that by my friends not talking about it I would stop thinking about it, but thats not going to happen. I dont hang out that much with the one friend of mine that is engaged. Some of my other friends talk about it too but I am still so consumed with the whole thing. Its all I can think about even when my friends are not around. I am just going to cross my fingers that it happens soon so I can start getting some sleep and stop thinking about when it will happen.

MrsB2Be08 Posts : 58 Registered: 7/24/07
Posted: May 2, 2008 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I am just going to cross my fingers that it happens soon so I can start getting some sleep

Just enjoy it when it happens.  But, I don't know about the sleep issues - I didn't sleep well for 2 weeks afer we got engaged.  I was too excited :)

J & E's Wedding Plans - 2.28.09

DCTexan Posts : 170 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: May 2, 2008 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: MrsB2Be08

This thread is hillarious.  I am so happy to hear that I was not the only crazy girlfriend.  Like Fallen said, one day it just hit me and I knew I wanted to marry him.  Then it became an obsession. 

Pamilin, I was laughing so hard when I read your post because that's exactly what happened to me.  He'd say let's go out for dinner tonight; I'd be thinking this is it.  We'd be out at the store, and I would think, now would be a good time for him to propose.  Whenever he didn't propose, I'd get so mad!  So irrational!

And, to make things worse, my FH would say things like "eww..marriage.  I'm so not ready for that."  Apparently though, it was all a big scam.  He already knew that he was going to propose for a whole YEAR before he did!  Are you kidding?!  A year?!

Anyway, when he finally did propose it was so out of the blue for me.  I honestly didn't see it coming.  It was the most romantic proposal I could have ever wanted and he did it all himself without me knowing anything about it. 

I know it's hard, but all the advice you've been given about letting him do his thing is really the best way to go.  Trust me, once he finally does propose, it will be the most amazing experience!  Good luck!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: May 2, 2008 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: DCTexan

Oooops-I have no idea how I got this thread! Sorry ladies. Good luck to you all, by the way!

Message was edited by: RanAway2Maine

Michelle070508 Posts : 64 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: May 2, 2008 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Schultz don't be to worried if you really think he's ready he may just be looking for the 'right time' who knows what that means to boys their are crazy!! LoL 

Trust me my FH took me out to 3 or 4 "special dinners" where i thought i knew what was going on before he popped the Question!! Turns out he had the ring in his pocket for ALL of them and was just so nervious and didn't know how to start or what to say... He even got all of our friends together to go out to dinner with us on TWO of the occasions. they told me after he finally got up the nerve that the first night after dinner they didn't know what to do when he asked them to go out with us Again... they all thought he had changed his mind and were scared to death to even mention it to him!! LoL

It will happen in due time... be paitent, i know that is easier said than done!!  Good Luck!

My McDreamy and My McDog ... what else could a girl ask for??

Michelle and Travis 07-05-08!!

Posted: May 2, 2008 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: Michelle070508

Michelle: like you said it is so much easier sad then done. And just when I think I am doing soooo good too (not talking about it) my bf will mention something. He will jokingly say I might have to send back the ring or I can still cancel my order. It is driving me crazy. I think he might already have it because he keeps claiming that it hasn't shipped yet. But last week when he said he ordered it, he said it would be here in 7 to 10 days. Well he ordered it exactly 10 days ago. I just need to stop talking about it to him even when he brings it up. Then maybe he will think I lost all hope. =)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine