So it didn't happen....

Online Users: 1,281 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 174

flowr Posts : 72 Registered: 3/27/08
Re: So it didn't happen....and then it DID!!!!
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: hisgirl14

I can't believe your girlfriend said that to you! She's probably just jealous!!

it is SO funny how guys get so excited and can't keep a secret! It is such a big deal for them, and i'm sure your BF is just really excited. It seems like he will do it next weekend, but try your best to relax. I know it is REALLY tough bc you are probably really excited by the whole thing.. and you should be!! Try to relax and not drive yourself too crazy! i guess the good thing about worrying is that I lost a couple pounds without even realizing it! i tired on my skinny jeans and they fit! I told my fiancee that and he asked me if i had fat jeans. I said no! just skinny and normal jeans! haha...

Don't stop looking at wedding websites, etc. It is great to get some ideas for what you like!

hisgirl14 Posts : 20 Registered: 12/31/07
Re: So it didn't happen....and then it DID!!!!
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

thanks guys. I'll let you know what happens.

lol i know about the losing weight thing. my appetite is very affected by my emotions. and i have been so wacked out lately that i havent been that hungry.  

and no i am not going to stop looking at wedding websites. i have been getting so many amazing ideas! not to mention the fact that i have been planning this thing off an on since i was like 8 years old. Laughing

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Re: So it didn't happen....
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I know this is a pretty old thread, but reading all of your posts, I feel like I'm reading my own thoughts!  I have felt the same way!

FH and I met shortly before high school graduation when we were both 18.  Fast forward more than 6 years, we've been through a lot of rough patches and such but still got through it.  Nothing could shake our love.  And while those times were hard and sometines I wish they never happened I am kind of glad that they did because they shaped us and showed me we can get through anything and we do truly love each other.

We started looking at rings over a year ago, shortly before I registered here.  FH didn't always want to get married (to anyone.. nothing to do with me, just his parent had a nasty divorce and his mom is very bitter and cynical about it so he grew up exposed to that, ya know?) FH wanted me to know how serious he was that he wanted to get married.

So all these months I have been DYING!!  I started looking here to get ideas and such but after several months went by it was too hard or me so I hadn't been on here for a long while.

FH really wanted to get me an amazing ring. I told him I didn't care how big or how expensive it was.  I just wanted it to sparkle and not be yellow gold was all.  But he said it was an ego thing that he wanted to get me something special, especially because he knows how sentimental I am and would probably never want to "upgrade"

So all this time I was waiting for him to save up because neither one of us wanted him to go into debt over a ring.  He is very wise with his credit which is why his score is near 800 by now.

Then a couple of months ago we started talking more and more about it again.  He promised he would propose before the end of 2008 and the wedding would be in 2009.  I really want a winter wedding and I think January is perfect so back in June I asked him if Jan 09 was feasible and he said yes, he would try his best.

Then my sister Michelle (not blood related but I live with her family so we have a sister like relationship, and in fact she introduces me to people as her sister and doesn't even specify that we are not related) anyway he told her mid june it would be within about 3 months.  I don't feel like she "ruined" it because I figured if an early 2009 wedding was feasible obviously he would be asking soon.

So I started getting wedding books and bridal magazines like crazy.  I have tons of pages ripped out of things I like.

Then last week we went to get a ring made using some diamonds from his mom and from my mom's wedding set.  I love how special and sentimental it is and it saved him a TON of money that we can use for the wedding and buying a house.  I just wish we had the idea sooner so this could have happened months ago!!

The ring should be ready by Friday but could be ready at any time.

I am dying of anticipation but I'm trying not to think about it! 

myweddinginchic... Posts : 2 Registered: 2/28/07
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Ok so I totally support all you almost-brides!

At least you know that it for sure is going to happen. Just think of it as your BF expressing his love for you by trying to create the perfect story-book proposal for you!

tnichelle1485 Posts : 119 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I know EXACTLY where you're coming from! When you said that you HATE surprises and have to be in control of everything...that is me exactly! My BF is planning on proposing very soon. He has the ring...well it's in layaway or he's working on a payment plan or something (at least that's what he's telling me), but he hasn't given it to me, yet! I hate waiting for it...it's so painful...lol...literally painful!! I can't stand it! At first, I wanted an elaborate proposal, but now...I just want the damn ring...haha:*)

The BF and I are going on our 3rd dating anniversary (the day before Thanksgiving-although our official anniversary is New Year's Eve)...Anyway, I'm hoping to get the ring around Thanksgiving...mainly cuz that's the next holiday coming up (he told me I'd get it around the holidays).

fingers are crossed for all of us "soon-to-be's out there!!

We're getting married on "Loving Day!"...June 12, 2010...I Marry My One & Only

Edited by: tnichelle1485 on Nov 19, 2008 9:12 PM

Marriageisagift Posts : 1 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

FutureMrsSchultz wrote:I feel a lot better now!!! Thank you all. I really thought it was going to happen yesterday because we celebrated our anniversary a day early early, so he gave me my gift on sunday morning. Then on sunday night he left a card and a huge bottle of champagne on my side of the bed, but then didnt want to drink the champagne. SO last night when I got home he popped open the champagne. I swear when I heard that pop I kept thinking ok this is it. I even checked in the mirror to see if I looked ok incase it was on film or pictures were taken (I am out of control!). But when I walked out into the living room he handed me the glass said "happy anniversary", gave me a kiss and asked me to watch a basket ball game with him. I am pretty sure you all are right. He knows I am waiting for it. He knows I stalk brides.com every day! I just hate the anticipation!

Hi,

I feel you. I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years and 3 months now. We have talked about marriage and the future, but still no proposal. We are actually using a heir loom (from my grandmother), that will be updated, but he has not proposed yet. The other day, he took me into the jewelry store, to get my finger sized. So, I don't know....it could be right around the corner. The anticipation is killing me!!!! The other weekend he surprised me and took me to a nice Cuban restaurant, so I thought for sure, that I would get a ring.....but it didn't happen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The good news is, we have pretty much set a date for next year.

Edited by: Marriageisagift on Nov 25, 2008 10:25 AM

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: Marriageisagift

It will happen! Try to find some girls in your shoes to talk to about your situation. That is what I did and it helped me sooooo much!

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Oh wow! I thought I was the only one that bugged her boyfriend for a ring!!! I have been with my gf for 5 years! I have anticipated a ring during every special occation! Finally we went ring shopping together and my ring will come in time for Christmas! I can't wait!!! I wish I can share my excitement with my family and friends now but I can't. I want to wait until my ring is actually on my finger lol.

Sharkgirllovesc... Posts : 39 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 3:54 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

AHHH!! Seein all you went thru makes me feel less alone now!!

I've been putting together this "scrapbook" (just a binder with sheet protectors & I rip out pages of things I like & have dividers and everything) for about 4-5 years now, with no particular guy in mind, just things I like.

Then I met Chris, I knew he was the one....I mean he's told me he wants me to be his wife & have his kids, etc.

From the beginning of this year to now, it's been a rough rocky ride. EVERY time a friend tells me they are getting married or are preg, I would break down I have been wanting another kid since my daughter was one (she will be 7 in May). Chris told me he wants us to be married first & I told him I would respect his wishes but I really don't want to get preg after 30 etc etc. I'm 26 (just a few days ago!) and he's 31.

My daughter's father & I have become really good friends this last year thru his heart break of his fiance ending the relationship. A few months ago, she came back into the picture & they are having a fast relationship/engagement/wedding. They got back together at like the beginning of Oct and their wedding date is January 23. When he told me, I just sat there and cried. My bf told me he is trying real hard to save up to buy me a ring (he doesn't believe in payment plans or store credits, he tries to save and then buy everything outright).

Then he started asking me questions middle of Nov, what would I like my ring to look like? Would I like it this way or that? And I was having a convo and I said, well Nicole is probably going to be 9 by the time I have another kid & he said "Why do you say that?" I told him, well hypothetically, if he were to propose then, then I would ideally like at least 6 months to plan & he wants to be married for at least 2 mo before getting preg & by the time I deliver, my daughter would be close to nine. He mumbled "Well if you didn't take so long planning...." So my best friend said that he was probably going to do it soon.

Our 1 1/2 year anniversary of our 1st date came & nothing. I got real upset. He looked at me and said "Do you just want to run off and get hitched?" I said no, he said I didn't think so. Then he looked at me and said "Will you marry me, do you want to be with me forever?" I said "Yes of course I do" he said, ok we won't tell our families until I get that ring on your finger.

I figured maybe Thanksgiving. But nothing. I was upset and he told me 1-He wants it to be its own special day so not an anniversary, birthday, or holiday (which sucks cause all of those happen this month). and 2-he knows I will say yes but he also does not want to put me in a position to say yes (ie in front of family) I told him I didn't care if it was just the two of us or a thousand people, that as long as its heartfelt & he makes it the best HE can, then I will be fine with that.

Then the other day he told me he is doing everything possible to get me my ring soon....so the official waiting begins.....EEEK!!

Oh and we have pretty much set a date too, our true anniversary Independence Day of 2009

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 8:05 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Oh wow sharkgirl....I am kinda in the same boat as you except I don't want kids until I am in my mid 30's lol. But I know exactly how you feel because my bf has taken forever to get my ring! He doesn't like credit either and likes to buy everything with cash or his ATM card but we decided that we should just pick out my ring together and he will have to have a payment plan with the jewelery store. I picked out my ring and now I am just waiting for it to come and for him to purpose so we can tell our family and friends. The wait is killing me though!! I think Christmas Day will be the day :-D

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine