Need ideas for hunter/camo wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

huntergurl23 Posts : 2 Registered: 4/17/08
Need ideas for hunter/camo wedding
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 11:36 PM

I'm getting married in 05/09 and I need some ideas for centerpeices that are Buck hunter themed or realtree camo if anyone has any ideas for a hunter/camo wedding olz let me know I would greatly appreciate it

Undecided

futuremrsmason Posts : 239 Registered: 3/21/08
Re: Need ideas for hunter/camo wedding
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: huntergurl23

how hunter/camo are you going?

I recently shot a wedding in which the BM's were in DB Olivine, the groomsmen and groom wore mossy oak vests.

as far as centerpieces, she went with a more rustic theme, with browns and greens, and did candles on wooden candle plates

What are you envisioning for your wedding, and that will give us a better idea of how to help!

Wedding Tickers and More From LifeTicker.com

AdorablePlanet.com movingannouncementstore.com

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: huntergurl23

I can send you some pictures--just contact me through my website.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

huntergurl23 Posts : 2 Registered: 4/17/08
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmason

I'm planning on doing an all hunter wedding. My fiancee and I both hunt .  We are getting married at church then are having the reception at a local hall.  I would like to go camo for everything I was going to do camo bridesmaids dresses but I was talked out of it so other than the bridesmaids dresses we want everything and anything that has to do with Whittail hunting

Undecided

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: huntergurl23

I work at a David's Bridal and every now and then I get a bride doing camo, it is pretty fun. I would suggest the olivine green color, someone else mentioned. Also, a lot of camo brides like the persimmon color which is kind of a hunter orange.  

As for your tables you could order camo fabric and use that for table cloths, or get a hunter orange fabric and use it for table cloths. Whatever color you do not choose for the table cloth use it for napkins, things like that. Your centerpieces could be miniature antlers of some sort, not sure if you are deer hunter or something else. You could also do orange candles or camo candles (I am sure some exist). I think playing with camo and a hunter orange is really helpful because camo alone can get a bit overwhelming, but adding that orange makes things stand out and still keeps the hunter theme. 

I hope this helps, I never hunt or anything so I am sorry i cannot give you better advice! 

2BBauer Posts : 478 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: huntergurl23

I think the centerpieces would be kinda cool if you used some long grass-like greenery and cat tails...that's what I pictured when I first read your post, but it might be more appropriate for a duck hunting wedding.  I've never heard of this and it sounds kind of cool...good luck with everything!!

The first day of my happily ever after is 9-13-2008

SocalGal Posts : 456 Registered: 6/3/06
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 3:43 AM Go to message in response to: huntergurl23

My first thought would be to do some birch candles on a wooden plate surrounded by oak leaves (since they come in the traditional camo colors).  Since camo tablecloths might be difficult to come by, I'd go with chocolate brown tablecloths with white napkins (kinda like a white-tail, at least in my head), or olive tablecloths with brown napkins.  I agree with PP that all camo can be a little overpowering, but using those browns and greens as solid colors with some camo accents thrown in (like the cake, for example) will still get the idea across. 

But then I did a little bit of research, and found these centerpiece bowls (the picture won't post, but here's the website  http://www.ducatalog.com/pod/1078).  They're glass bowls being supported by resin white-tail antlers.  You could do any sort of floral arrangment in them, or I like the idea of filling them with moss (or camo fabric) and doing the birch candles on top.  Or, keep it simple and just do some floating candles in them.  I don't know what your budget is like, so if you can't afford or don't want to do them on every table, you could alternate between those and just clear bowls with flowers/candles/whatever surrounded by twigs for a similar but less costly effect.  Good luck!

True love never has a happy ending; true love never ends.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 12:51 AM Go to message in response to: SocalGal

The show the PP was speaking of is 'My big fat Redneck Wedding.' Didn't know they had it on E! as I saw it on CMT. I'm obsessed with everrything bride. lol

I saw on another episode that the archway was decorated on moss (washed of couse so u don't get redbug bites) and lots of oaky green accents. It was really cute. The flower girl spread leaves instead of petals. The hall had the same mossy décor. I think it would be super cool to build mini campfires as centerpieces & put an LED tea light in the center to make it glow. Instead of camo table clothes (maybe a bit overkill on 10 tables), you could do camo napkins (or bright orange) and camo bows on your chairs. For your table names, why not name them after some of your fave hunting camps?

I'll agree w/ PP to do olive for the BM dresses & then maybe tie camo ribbon around their bouquet.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Bling3 Posts : 54 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: May 28, 2008 2:02 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Ok, I am also doing a camo wedding to a degree. We are getting married in 2010 and during the hunting season. My fh is a big hunter and I am big in fishing. The men and my ring boy are wearing camo vests. My moh is wearing the color olive. I am wearing a cream color wedding dress. We want an outdoor wedding ceremony on a boat that we fish on. The reception will be at our favorite place. For the favors I pickedsmall pine trees that the guest can plant on their own. The centerpieces will be simple and have flowers and branches. Our cake will be a simple 3 tier square shape cake with different color green leaves on it. Our vows will include hunting and fishing. My boutique will be flowers and branches.

I also considered using a vase with flowered branches where I can hang the seating arrangements. But I am on the fence with that.

FutureMrsTEH Posts : 1 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: huntergurl23

We are having a "camo" themed wedding, but incorporating my dream of a "daisy" wedding. We thought that since daisies are a country flower, it would work well. My bridesmaids ordered dresses from DB in "Fern" and the guys will be in realtree mossy oak vests and ties with black tuxes. My dress is from DB and is ivory/champagne and looks very "old west like". I also ordered a camo garter off ebay (it even has a gold deer charm hanging from it) and the throw garter is also camo! I am considering getting my bridesmaids camo garters as well. We are decorating the tables with candles and flowers arrangements. Half of the tables will have mason jars filled with daisies, milkweed, twigs and feathers and the other half of the tables will be 3 different sizes of mason jars with candles, on a 1 inch round log plate. My placecard holders will also be made out of tree branches, sliced into 1 inch pieces. We are having white tableclothes, but our long tables will have burlap runners and our round tables will have 2' x 2' squares of burlap in the center for the centerpiece to sit on. I thought the burlap would look tacky, but it actually looks gorgeous with the yellow and white daisies! We are also using old milk cans and placing "weeds" and tall grasses in them for decoration as well as old egg crates and wagon wheels for decoration. Our wedding is "camo/outdoor/country". My bridesmaids and I plan to do some target shooting/trap shooting before we get our hair done on the wedding day! My bridesmaids have yellow and white daisy bouquets with red milkweed and pheasant feathers. My bouquet will be ivory roses, white gerbera daisies and greenery with pheasant feathers as well. We are also hangin mason jars filled with daisies on shephards hooks down the aisle. All of my flower arrangements will have pheasant feathers in them and my hair will also have a pheasant feather in it. Just some ideas....we both LOVE the outdoors and my FH wanted to wear camo, so we googled a lot of images and ideas and this is what I came up with. Try to google RUSTIC CENTERPIECE...you will get an idea of what the candles on the log plate looks like. Good luck!

ScottandLindsey Posts : 3 Registered: 2/17/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: huntergurl23

I am having the same theme for my may09 wedding! for our centerpieces we are having tall vases surrounded by greens and in the vases we are having some decorative rock and a used ( and cleaned) shotgun shell with a floating candle on top. We are also incorporating a fishing theme and in some of the vases we are having a fishing lure instead of the shotgun shell. I hope that helps!

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: ScottandLindsey

It is kind of difficult for me to vision a "hunting camo" themed wedding. However, I googled it, and this was what came up. My only recommendation though is try to remain classy with it and don't go overboard.

I don't personally care for these myself...but others may!

Click here to view this image in a new window

birch branch centerpiece

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine