Scared of Marriage?

Online Users: 1,326 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

AliW Posts : 5 Registered: 4/14/08
Scared of Marriage?
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 4:07 PM

Hi everyone,

In the last 4 months I have seen my alcoholic father relapse, my parents split and my found out of my dads infidelity for 12 years. Now I"m planning my wedding. And I'm scared!!

Were any of you scared of marriage? I'm not scared of marrying my man, I love him very much, but marriage in general scares me a bit. Actually a lot lol. I do feel ready, but with all this stuff, it's definitley not what I expected to be feeling before my own wedding.

What have some of you experienced before?

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Re: Scared of Marriage?
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: AliW

I was more scared that we had a plan for a wedding but as to where we were going to live, if my husband was going to medical school, where I was going to work, we had nothing!  That was the most frightening thing ever!  I had images of us in a cardboard box because DH never secured an apartment for us.  We have been married for 10 months today (yippee!!) and it certainly hasn't been easy but it has been great!  

GlamBride08 Posts : 101 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: AliW

I'm sorry you have had to go through all of that. How awful. I completely understand that you would be scared of marriage. With a divorce rate of what, like 50%? it's amazing that everyone isn't freaking out! LOL!

Know that you aren't alone in what you're feeling. I think everyone gets a little scared/nervous at some point. It's a huge change, and it would be weird not too.  Remember that your lives are different from your parents, learn from their mistakes. You love and trust your FH and if you have the faith and willingness to put in the effort to make your marriage your work everything will be fine. Good Luck!

The future Mrs. Skaggs

When is my wedding

AliW Posts : 5 Registered: 4/14/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: GlamBride08

lol! Yes sometimes I'm wondering if I'm the only one that's scared! It's good to hear that I'm not alone and it's even normal to be freaked out a bit. It comes and goes though. Sometimes I'm so excited I scream in my car lol and sometimes I'm like HOly Sh*t!!!

Ali

Message was edited by: AliW

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 6, 2012 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: AliW

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4907 is just $319.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine