to those with emerald cut diamonds

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

BlushingBride03 Posts : 220 Registered: 7/15/06
to those with emerald cut diamonds
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 10:26 AM

who has one here? do you like it?

the reason for my question is, long story short- i had my heart set on a princess cut, but since my bf is a bad liar i am almost positive he's bought me an emerald cut already.at first i was really upset because i didn't like them. i know that sounds petty- but i will wear it the rest of my life, i want to like it. after browsing through some photos it's starting to grow on me, but i'm still not sure I love them.

anyone who has one and loves theirs, i'd appreciate some encouragement or photos! I have a feeling he's proposing to me soon! yay!!!!

Soon-to-be Mrs. S.Daisypath Ticker

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Re: to those with emerald cut diamonds
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

I love my emerald cut engagement ring. I get compliments on it all the time. I also like the princess cut diamonds, but honestly, it feels like EVERYONE has them. My diamond is unique and I feel like I'm the only one with a ring like it. I love the clean lines. The emerald cut diamond doesn't sparkle like the other cuts do, but I love it anyway. My wedding band is alternating baguettes (to match the lines in the emerld cut) and princess cut (to add sparkle. It's perfect IMO.

rings

rings

willmarrybarry Posts : 84 Registered: 4/15/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

linz is totally right - emerald cuts are unique and gorgeous. I wouldn't trade mine for anything else.

willmarrybarry Posts : 84 Registered: 4/15/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

linz is totally right - emerald cuts are unique and gorgeous. I wouldn't trade mine for anything else.

Posted: May 16, 2008 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

Well I think that once the moment comes it wont matter what the ring looks like because your breathe will be taken away and just the moment will make you look at the ring and love it every time. I also think that you are wearing the ring for him not for you.. remember when you look at the ring you want him to be who you think of not that you had picked it...thats what makes it so special!

But... I think that emerald cut rings are beautifully unique and you want a ring that will stand out and be noticed.  

All the luck in the world! 

Jenn

FutureMrsDorsey Posts : 1 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

I have a similar story.... I too am a big fan of the princess cut but received an emerald instead. My FH (bless his heart) thought he had purchased a Princess. He didn't realize it was an Emerald until I mentioned it. He offered to exchange it, but I did'nt want to seem ungreatful so I kept it; and now we are all one big happy family.... Give it a little time and you too will love Emerald as much as I do. Best of Luck!

Trip over love, you can get up.  Fall in love and you fall forever! 

Message was edited by: FutureMrsDorsey

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

I wanted a princess cut, it's one of my favorites, but Fh said "everyone has one" then I saw an emerald cut and fell in love with it. I thought it was unique and not everyone had one, not a diamond one at least. I had shown him several rings that I really liked.  But the funny thing was when He gave me my ring 1 year later, it was neither one of the shapes we had looked at. It was in the shape of a heart 1ct center stone and another ct in princess cuts on the sides. Now that's not something you see everyday.

But for my birthday he bought me an emerald cut pink saffire to wear on my right hand and I love it! I get compliments ALL the time on the cut.  

I hope you like it, you never know you might even get the princess cut you wanted. 

NANETTE' & JAMES

TO BE UNITIED AS ONE SEPTEMBER 27, 2008 

CUTE

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine