APRIL 2009 BRIDES!

Online Users: 1,249 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 973

Puglover27 Posts : 103 Registered: 2/12/09
Re: Congrats Mush and LilMiss!!!!!!!!
Posted: May 2, 2009 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Wedding cake help please. I figured I would ask you all since you just got married. I have to put my cake order n next week and am still waiting on RSVPS. I could have up to 150 people at wedding currenlty at 70.
How much cake did you order? Was it enough, too much, too little? How did you decided how much to get? I don't want to over order because I heard a lot of cake goes to waste and I have read other brides bought the little baggies for cake and it turned out to be a waste because no one used them.

KPM Posts : 577 Registered: 1/20/08
Posted: May 3, 2009 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

Pug - I'm not much help there as we had cobbler. sorry................

When was your deadline for RSVP's

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

Posted: May 3, 2009 9:10 PM Go to message in response to: KPM

RSVPs are not due until the 9. My fiance and I went to a wedding last night and thought the cake was gross. I think the fondant ruined the taste and cake was dry. This got us thinking of our own wedding cake. Fiance wasn't imporessed at our tasting- cake too dry for him etc. So we decided instead of spending close to $500 on wedding cake, we will get a smaller cake and then two sheet cakes from Costco. Since we don't need to finalize our cake plans until the 9th we should be good. Everyone love the Costco cake at my bridal shower. This will save us about $300. Plus since we are saving this money it won't be as bad if people don't eat the cake whereas if I spent a lot on cake and no one was eating it or most went to waste I wouldn't be happy.

Thanks for the reply.

MichelleandRob Posts : 194 Registered: 5/12/08
Posted: May 4, 2009 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

I had cup cakes... We had about 65 people and I ordered 100 cupcakes and had about 25 left over. I am sure this doens't help with the cake size - sorry.

Posted: May 4, 2009 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

I think you are on the right track here. Too many people (bakers) get wrapped up in the visual of a wedding cake when in the end, it gets cut up and eaten no matter what it looks like. I have never had a bad cake from Costco and once it is out on the table, no one is going to know where it came from.

Posted: May 4, 2009 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
APRIL 2009 WIVES
Posted: May 4, 2009 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

Pug- I ordered enough cake for 80 people and had 50 guests. I wanted people to have a good slice of cake instead of the see through slice. We also did buttercream frosting instead of fondant. Your sheet cake idea sounds GREAT!!!!

Michelle- As always, I'll look at the pics from home and report back to you.

wedding ticker

Wedding pics at www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Re: APRIL 2009 WIVES
Posted: May 4, 2009 8:38 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush- thanks

Michelle- Great photos

Posted: May 4, 2009 11:27 PM Go to message in response to: KPM

KPM: Great pictures!

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: May 4, 2009 11:39 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

Finally got to see your pics, Michelle. They look great. I envy your long hair. Gorgeous. Your cupcakes are making me hungry even now. lol

wedding ticker

Wedding pics at www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

ChristyBride Posts : 59 Registered: 1/7/08
Posted: May 5, 2009 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

Pug,

I had 75 people at my wedding but ordered a cake that would feed 100 (that includes the top layer). So, at the end of the night, we took home the entire top layer and had a bit of the bottom layer left over. Everything else was taken. I was so busy on the night of the wedding greeting people and having such an awesome time that I did not even see the cake being served. I'm glad we had extra to take home so I was able to actually have a slice of cake on Sunday morning at the champagne brunch at my parents. Order more than you think you'll need. It won't go to waste if it tastes good. :)

preview image

ChristyBride Posts : 59 Registered: 1/7/08
Posted: May 5, 2009 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

Michelle, I love the pictures of your day! Thanks so much for sharing! You are so talented - that aisle runner and monogram are so good - wow! I love the way you wore your hair - so beautiful. Everything looks like it came together well and you are beaming with joy. Congrats again!

preview image

Posted: May 5, 2009 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush and Christy: Thank you for the compliments. Funny thing about my hair... a co-worker does not believe me when I say it is all mine and even a friend of my mom's who was there said "I know your daughter has a lot of hair but was that all hers?" hahaha!!

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: May 22, 2009 12:18 AM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

Yay! My photographs are up online. My photographer was amazing!

http://adarosett.photobiz.com/cart/ PW 041109

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine