APRIL 2009 BRIDES!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 973

geogirl Posts : 30 Registered: 4/4/08
Re: APRIL 2009 BRIDES!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

OMG LOL, you are all so organized already!  We just set the date last week, April 10, 2009, which is subject to change based on when his kids are off school (they're in the UK and you can't take them out of school there) and what venue we decide to use.  So it's April 10-ish. 

I'm really excited to marry him.  He's the love of my life and the man of my dreams.

So far we're working on our budget and interviewing wedding planners two weeks from now when he's in town. We've been throwing ideas around and have decided on an intimate wedding with an Old World, European feel. I want a Mason jar with wildflowers kind of wedding.  :) 

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

Your biggest supporter has to be your FH!!  I lost almost 40 lbs last year.  I had the same problem that it was his lifestyle that encouraged my fluffy increase.  He get off really late at night and I would eat my dinner at 6, then dinner with him at 11:30 or so....just a snack.  lol.  That snack put 35 lbs on me in a 2 yr time.

All I did was count calories.  For the first 2 months I really just counted my calories.  I had a journal.  Never went over 1200 a day.  I didn't exercise the first two months because I had no real energy and wanted to focus on my diet first.  Lost 27 lbs in 3 months.  After that, began to exercise and lost the rest.  I still only eat 1500 cal a day, with 1 free day a week to eat whatever. 

My FH had to adjust to my diet, eat my food, and just be super helpful.  He actually lost 30 lbs as well.  He hates jogging, and he would go every day.  He proposed when he knew I was comfortable with myself.....I'd always tease him that I couldn't marry him fluffy so don't ask yet.  It was my personal motivation.  How he started out his proposal was kinda goofy "So are you going to look at rings with me now that you're skinny?"  I said "no, that's your job."  Then he said a whole bunch of other stuff while actually proposing.  It meant the world to me that he knew my health was very important, and he was my biggest supporter.

Soon2bMrsBlackw... Posts : 43 Registered: 11/12/06
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

Hey if you are lazy like me lol--you could try the diet Ive been on. It would also help you just be healthy---I have family history of diabetes, heart disease, strokes, high blood pressure!!! and this diet has really helped me!!! (no im not a spokes person for it ahhah i swear!)

But its the south beach diet.

I know that you have more than likely heard of it! It was hard for me to start off. I LOVE food. i used to be a compulsive over eater--I would eat anything fried--and coated in sugar.

I started this diet on January 1st (new year's resolution!) and have lost 20 lbs so far.

This diet is somewhat difficult at first---you have to be dedicated to eating the right foods--and there are cut backs on what you can eat--No fried foods--no sugar in 1st phase and sparingly in the next two phases---no beer or liquor--but you can have one/two glasses of wine a day! lol

but there are MAJOR cut backs on what you can eat. It was hard at first--but now i dont even crave any of the food I used to. I dont feel deprived (like i used to!!!!) and i just feel healthier--my skin is healthier--my endurance is phenominal! It just works!

But if you really are considering doing this diet--i recommend reading the book---not just using the Internet guides that have been made on here. The book really helps you conceptualize what you are doing to you body by eating junk--and what will happen to your body to make you healthier and live longer and feel good!!

LOL i talk too much!

Whatever you decided to do I wish you the best of luck!!! :D

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsBlackw...

See, I tried that and failed......miserably.   LOL  I'm big on bread and pasta and whatnot!  Counting calories seemed to work well for me because I could still have McDonalds for breakfast....just know an egg mcmuffin had 380 calories I had to take into account later.

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

FH rocks as far as that goes.  In fact, we're starting to look at gyms together.  He loves me as I am, but I don't love me as I am!  LOL  :)

I think it'll be good if he & I can work out together...That'll help a lot.  Plus I got an e-mail today from my MOH, she's gonna kick my butt long distance & keep me line with all this  :) 

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:10 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsBlackw...

South Beach is very similar to atkins, right?

My biggest issue is the fact that I have health issues which limit what I can eat.  I have gastric ulcers & IBS which mean I can't eat anything acidic (dear God do I miss pineapple!), and certain fruits/veggies are hard for me to digest.

I just keep praying that I'll wake up the next morning thin, but so far that hasn't happened yet.  Go fig!  LOL  :) 

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

Ok, so since your FH is already great here's my personal pics.  Extra motivation!! lol  I know the second picture doesn't show a lot, but you can see it in my face.....lol

Since you do have dietary needs that are very specific to your health, I would recommend that you go have a visit with a dietician....not for drugs or anything.  I went when I wanted to lose weight.  The doctor was the one who told me not to exercise because my body would store the fat.  She recommended an OTC B6 in the morning to give me an extra boost of energy. 

Good luck and if you need anyone to vent to, we're all here!!!! 

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 12:19 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I'll ask my GP....I have to go in for a follow up as it is (I'm currently under-going some medical testing), so I'll ask him about diet, etc. then.  I'm still hoping I'll just wake up thin  ;)  LOL

Soon2bMrsBlackw... Posts : 43 Registered: 11/12/06
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

In the south beach diet you get to eat carbs! yay! lol

You can eat starches but the book explains what the "good" starches are.  which is really anything that is made with 100% whole wheat. The diet tells you to eat this type of wheat because it digests properly. Many white flours have already been processed before you put them into your body and so---you body doesnt digest them they stick to ya! lol Its probably a whole lot more scientifly explained in the book---but theres my little inturpretation lol!

It also doesnt allow certain fruits and vegges! No pineapple on here either ! lol It is yummy though and something i miss time to time! :D

But it is really good for your body and a very healthy diet. It's something to look into but its not for everyone. Im really surprised that I stuck to it! lol but it was easier for me beacuse my family got on it with me :) if they hadnt i would not have lasted one week! lol

Message was edited by: Soon2bMrsBlackwell

stfballplayer7 Posts : 271 Registered: 3/17/08
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

okay, so yesterday was a good day. FH and i made a 'to do list' the night before and it really worked. we stuck to the list and got everything done. i think i am going to make them more often. =]

we purchased part of my BM presents already. i found these heart-shaped digital photo keychains. they were clearenced and everything clearenced in the store was an extra 20% off and we had 15% off coupons and plus my 10% employee discount! we only ended up paying like $15 or $16 each. i got one for each(all 3) og my BM and one for my FG. then FH said to buy one for myself.

we also went to look at wedding bands and found some that we lked at his work. which is good because he gets 15% off and we are going to wait until they go on sale 1/2 off. so we will get them real cheap. the 3 ring set is orig. $800 we can get it for $300 if we wait. but i think that we might just go with the plain jane bands and save our money... i don't need the other ring anyway and like i told him if we have money left over and he wants to get me another ring then i wouldn't mind. he agreed but i know him and he might change his mind again...

all in all it was a wonderful day. and we are getting cheaper internet so we will 'save' money there. now we are getting tv, phone, and internet for close to the same price we are paying for the internet alone right now.

THE FUTURE MRS. B.R. HERB  4/13/09

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsBlackw...

Soon2bMrs. Blackwell,

That makes sense.  The whole grains thing is perfectly logical & I've heard that about the white flours before.  The thing with Atkins that never sat well with me is that it causes you to spill Ketones in your urine...That can cause some kidney issues down the road, and so I was never a big fan of that.  South Beach makes more sense.  The local super market here has a ton of South Beach stuff, so come next food shopping day, I'll check it out!  THANKS!!!  :)

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

Sftballplayer,

That sounds like a GREAT day!!  :)  I'm glad things went so well for you AND you found all that at such great prices!  That's awesome!!  Keep up the great work, hon!!  :)

Happy Wednesdy ladies!!  :)

tam769 Posts : 6 Registered: 3/9/08
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

hi just found april 09 brides, my date is april 4 2009 and finally got place booked, and the photographer.all this info is helpful!

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 8:35 PM Go to message in response to: tam769

Anyone else running into problems with having a before Easter wedding? I was told that since April 4th 2009 is still in Lent, and that April 11, 2009 is considered Holy Saturday, most churches won't perform a wedding ceremony. Lent/Easter is supposed to be a more subdued time for the church.

Any others running into that problem? While originally I want a Pastor/Priest to marry us, I'm rethinking that in favor of a Justice of the Peace, and a later blessing...

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

URL=""IMGhttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/8d168531c3fa9d71.gif[/IMG][/URL] Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

tam769 Posts : 6 Registered: 3/9/08
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 9:03 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

having just. of the peace,didn't want to do the church thing, the place i booked has a chapel so it is all in the same place.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine